)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

Doomsday Imminent!!!!

Go down 
+4
Dark Misery
GONZA
Vader
Phoenix
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Phoenix

Doomsday Imminent!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Doomsday Imminent!!!!   Doomsday Imminent!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 22 Mar 2011, 6:41 pm

With a huge amount of past controversy surrounding the Large Hadron Collider in Switzerland, it really is an eye opener to see what all the fuss was about. Since all the to's and fro's of arguments, the general consensus is that the chances or the LHC creating a Black Hole is miniscule, however that doesn’t mean that tempting fate wont make one wonder, what if we have gone too far?

Well the following doomsday event, will looks something like this...

Back to top Go down
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

PostSubject: Re: Doomsday Imminent!!!!   Doomsday Imminent!!!! Icon_minitimeWed 23 Mar 2011, 11:06 am

Holy shit...
Back to top Go down
GONZA
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
GONZA

PostSubject: Re: Doomsday Imminent!!!!   Doomsday Imminent!!!! Icon_minitimeWed 23 Mar 2011, 12:23 pm

:O is like a super gravity or something and that make that the continents and all go to the center of the earth? i think i didnt understand very well lol
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Doomsday Imminent!!!!   Doomsday Imminent!!!! Icon_minitimeWed 23 Mar 2011, 12:46 pm

Yes, thats what will happen if a micro black hole is created on earth. As intially the Black hole is lighter than Earth (although many million times denser of course), it will shift to the centre of earth and begin to gradually absorb surrouding material, it will grow in size and eventually devour the whole earth. This video depicts the whole event in a few moments, however "if" this were to happen, it could take years, centuries even millenia to actually reach a size where we would be aware of it, and by that time, its too late. The ground would leave our very feet. The most shocking thing is, the LHC could have already created a black hole, and we wouldnt even know about it for ages and ages, maybe not even in our lifetime!

Of course scarey though this thought it, i wouldnt go worrying just yet, the chances of this actually happening are virtually non-exsistant. If a black hole was created it would probably be too small to devour any matter, and would evaporate moments later. Its fair to note that micro black holes could have already have entered earths system from the cosmos, and even passed through the earth itself without any consequences, because its simply too small to effect anything. Its also fair to mention that collisions with energy that the LHC create, are created naturally at other places in the universe, without any disastrous consequences.

I just thought this video was intresting thats all, just to give you a "what if" scenario Smile
Back to top Go down
GONZA
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
GONZA

PostSubject: Re: Doomsday Imminent!!!!   Doomsday Imminent!!!! Icon_minitimeWed 23 Mar 2011, 1:18 pm

ah, now is more clear, i think i will not be in earth when this happen xD
Back to top Go down
Dark Misery

Dark Misery

PostSubject: Re: Doomsday Imminent!!!!   Doomsday Imminent!!!! Icon_minitimeWed 23 Mar 2011, 1:55 pm

This is just a metaphor of me and JK2. I am the black hole, and the Earth is JK2.
Back to top Go down
Sparky
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan
Sparky

PostSubject: Re: Doomsday Imminent!!!!   Doomsday Imminent!!!! Icon_minitimeWed 23 Mar 2011, 2:30 pm

well that's pretty cool however i would think that after a certain point and before displayed on the video the entire planet would start getting smaller as in condensed. Also it would start to appear uneven and not so smooth as its all pulled to the one spot. However still very cool.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Doomsday Imminent!!!!   Doomsday Imminent!!!! Icon_minitimeWed 23 Mar 2011, 6:47 pm

You mean distort? Yeah it probably would because the Earth isnt perfectly spherical either.
Back to top Go down
wehr

PostSubject: Re: Doomsday Imminent!!!!   Doomsday Imminent!!!! Icon_minitimeThu 24 Mar 2011, 2:55 am

not going to happen. not enough mass. you would need a star with it's mass being at least 20 times greater then our sun for a black hole. so if you took all the mass in our solar system you would fall way short. there is a black hole at the center of our galaxy. most galaxies have a black hole at the center sucking in stars. the massive amounts of mass at the center of the galaxies accounts for the shapes and rotations of the bodies within the galaxies. our galaxy, the milky way, is a spiral galaxy that has arms. we are on an arm called orion way out from the center of the galaxy. so no chance of us getting sucked into the black hole. all the stars you see at night are within our galaxy. there are over 200 billion stars in the milky way. i think the only other galaxy that may be visible by naked eye is the andromeda galaxy, not for me cuz i went nearsighted during college and started wearing glasses. our sun will die out before we get sucked into a black hole. the sun may have like another 6 billion more years. the greatest threat to us on earth today is probably bacteria.

w
e
h
r
Back to top Go down
wehr

PostSubject: Re: Doomsday Imminent!!!!   Doomsday Imminent!!!! Icon_minitimeThu 24 Mar 2011, 3:12 am

another thing that's funny while on astronomy topic. SOL is latin word for sun.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Doomsday Imminent!!!!   Doomsday Imminent!!!! Icon_minitimeThu 24 Mar 2011, 8:08 am

We know, thats why we chose SoL as our clan name Smile

No its true there is no chance of the Sun ever becoming a black hole, there is not even close to enough mass there, however Stars are not the only thing capable of creating black holes, they only create the well known "Stella mass" black holes. "Supermassive" black holes are strongly suspected of residing at the centre of most galaxies, probably caused by many multiple star collisions during the birth of the galaxy. The most exciting thing about black holes, is what they actually do/look like, to things around them, for example warp time, and distort light, not to mention have other bizzare effects on things, both to an observer and as a traveller.

However in this video, A "microscopic black hole" is what we are seeing at work, and there is as much theoretical knowladge to suggest they can exsist as much as any other form of black hole, however they are probably far less common. There are theories that Quasars (Ultra-high energy radiaton waves emitting light, x-rays, radio waves ect ect, could also contain microscopic black holes) Microscopic black holes could be caused by High speed particle collision, such as supernovae particles colliding with other fast moving objects, like what the LHC performs. However the million dollar question is really, how much mass is needed to form a micro black hole, and how fast does the collision speed need to be?

The general feeling is that, even at the speed of light, protons dont have anything like enough mass to create a microscopic black hole big enough so survive or even form at all, so it would evaporate pretty quickly. Even if it didnt evaporate, its likely it would simply float around/through earth and be completely harmless, because they are not strong enough to absorb matter. In order to create a stable microscopic black hole, you would need to use something heavier and collide that at light speed. But if it is heavier, how are you going to manage to get it to the speed of light? Well, basically, your not, because the LHC can only effect electrical charge, aka protons and electons, and neutons in comparison, are so heavy, you wont be able to get them anywhere near the speed of light no matter how many electrons or protons you use, and since neutrons is where all of the mass is, i cant see any black hole, no matter how small, being created without using them. (Even if you did collide 2 neutrons at the speed of light, there is no guarentee that would create anything adverse either, its just more likely.)

I dont think collision is the really the way to form black holes, although its probably possible for it to do so, constant gravitational compresson is the answer.

I too agree that a global pandemic is the biggest threat to humanity. The best cosmolgical phenomenon will even have a remote chance of witnessing, would be when the red giant star Betelgeuse goes supernova. This is predicted to happen very soon, or could have already happened. As the star is 600 lightyears away from Earth, there is no real way of knowing until we see it. That could be now, or in 1000 years. Im hoping it will be in our lifetime though, because it will be awesome to see. The light from the supernova would last for weeks, and be many times brighter than a full moon, so we wont be having dark nights xD. Betelgeuse wont create a black hole though, just a neutron star. (for those who dont know, Betelgeuse, or "Beetlejuice" as the americans call it, i a star in the constellation on Orion)

I know thisboggles the mind a little, which is why ive tried to leave out as much detail as possible (and failed Razz)
Back to top Go down
TheGraanulaarian
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
TheGraanulaarian

PostSubject: Re: Doomsday Imminent!!!!   Doomsday Imminent!!!! Icon_minitimeThu 24 Mar 2011, 8:34 am

Well, what if the moon crashed into the Earth...? (Majora's Mask moment ^^)
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Doomsday Imminent!!!!   Doomsday Imminent!!!! Icon_minitimeThu 24 Mar 2011, 8:58 am

Nothing much except a big bada boom, one almighty earth shattering quake, and we would all die from the force of it, but the earth itself will probably remain largely intact.
Back to top Go down
TheGraanulaarian
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
TheGraanulaarian

PostSubject: Re: Doomsday Imminent!!!!   Doomsday Imminent!!!! Icon_minitimeThu 24 Mar 2011, 10:11 am

Yeah, probably. I just wonder what would happen if the moon crashed into us just perfectly enough so that it would be stuck and you could like walk on it straight from Earth. This would all depend on anyone being alive though, of course.

And the moon would look something like this when it was falling:

Doomsday Imminent!!!! Moon-stares-at-link-in-the-legend-of-zelda-majoras-mask_288x288

But not this:

Doomsday Imminent!!!! Moon_display
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Doomsday Imminent!!!!   Doomsday Imminent!!!! Icon_minitimeThu 24 Mar 2011, 10:41 am

No lol. The moon is enormous, only 4 times smaller than earth. If you were stood near the projected impact point, then once it came within close enough to earth, you could look at one horizon, and the opposite horizon, and up, and all you would see for the most part would be the surface of the moon.

Anyways, lets say the moon and the earth "stuck" as you say, it would be a wierd place, particularly graviationally. The centre of gravity would shift to somewhere near the edge earth (but still inside the earth as its gravity is much stronger). The earths orbit would be very irregular, probably tumbling on all 3 axis so that everyday would be a mix between summer and winter ect ect....

It wouldnt be easy to set foot on the moon, even at that range. You could try and walk up the side all you wanted and earth would just pull you back down again. In fact, depending where the centre of gravity was, you may even find the medium where gravity is virtually non exsistant. Probably only a fraction of the moon would be habitable, the rest would still be outside of earths atmosphere.

It would be pretty damn trippy tbh
Back to top Go down
Xemnas
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Xemnas

PostSubject: Re: Doomsday Imminent!!!!   Doomsday Imminent!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 25 Mar 2011, 8:05 am

Nightmare_I wrote:
This is just a metaphor of me and JK2. I am the black hole, and the Earth is JK2.

nope dude... the black hole is Boss and the erath is jk2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doomsday Imminent!!!!   Doomsday Imminent!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Doomsday Imminent!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide :: )>SoL<(~Free Chat :: The Cantina-
Jump to: