)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

Farewell The Journey Was Amazing :)

Go down 
+10
sebbat
solid snake
NickdeClaw
Axel
Xasomur
Igrom
teddybear
Dark Misery
GONZA
Nibler
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Nibler

Nibler

Farewell The Journey Was Amazing :) Empty
PostSubject: Farewell The Journey Was Amazing :)   Farewell The Journey Was Amazing :) Icon_minitimeFri 12 Oct 2012, 9:02 pm

Hello old friends,

I told myself that I would never make such a thread on this forum but I cannot help but to give a last farewell; to give closure to myself as well as friends.

I have learned a lot from the jk2 community since joining it back in 2004. I've earned a lot of friends, and countless enemies during that 8 year span. I wouldn't have it any other way. The struggles and the memories I have faced with everyone will be cherished the rest of my life. It will be impossible to completely erase/forget all that we have been through together. I thank you for those memories and hope that I've helped create some of those moments with you as well.

To those who I didn't get along well with, allow me to extend a sincere apology for any and all that I have ever done to you. Whether that be simply beating up on you, or just outright insulting you, I'm sorry. And know that anything that you have done to me, I forgive you.

With that said, I feel I should confess about when I started using scripts and even jkbot.
As stated before I said that I started jk2 back in 2004. My skills peaked at 2006, where I was in the top 5 in FF and pk. I was completely cheat free during that reign. However, the years dragged on and I became bored with the American servers. I found my way to European servers. To give how far we've gone It was around 2009. Here, is when I was given my first kickscript. (That I used, anyways.) I was given several of jk2's euro pros' kickscripts, and as such I got an idea that I should make my own to match my play style. Thus, "test.cfg" was born. This is the only kickscript I have ever used and it is my creation from my own play style. Now, as for jkbot, I never used jkbot pre-2010, for the simple fact that if I did, my pc would crap out.(as my computer I was playing with at that time was 10 years old at that point) I started seriously using evc late into 2011. However, even then I still used it sparingly. Only using it against opponents I felt did jkbot as well, or had confirmed that they do as well. I have been called an aimbotter as far back as 2006 and I can tell you, I never used aimbot. My aim is my own skill. The name of my jkbot was something called "JoHook.exe", a very archaic jkbot but it got the job done for me.

Does that confession make it right that I ever scripted or used jkbot? Now thinking back I don't think it does. As those two things are what I hated for what they did to jk2, but I just got to the point where I stopped caring and embraced that side. To me that is my greatest mistake.

The name "Nibler" became something more than I could ever imagine it could have become. A name that used to be rainbow colored and made fun of for how "awesome" both the name and color scheme was. However, the prestige the name developed over the 8 years I used the name turned it into something that people respected. The name surpassed my ability to live up to the name that was "Nibler". The name became legendary and synonymous for a "true" righteous pro. Want to prove that not all pros were jerks? You said my name. Becoming weird for me when people said they'd heard about me when I had no idea who they were. It was hard for me to handle, as the things that I did had great repercussions for my stature. I could never do bad. Truth is though, I was inflated by everyone's stories. Nibler is the legend, but I am just a person playing Nibler. People saw me as a Saint, but I tell you I am not a Saint. I am far from it I have made many terrible mistakes that I still have not forgiven/gotten over. However, that did not stop me from trying to live up to people's expectations of Nibler, and in a way that helped develop me as a person as well as a player. For that, I thank you.

So guys, I hope that I lived up to the legend that is Nibler. I apologize eternally if I didn't.

I guess all this might seem sappy or lame to some who may/may not read this and I'm sure I deserve some laughing at for the manner in which I've basically spilled everything. However, to me this has been around since I was 12 years old. It has grown up with me and as such it is hard for me to leave that behind and I believe that it deserves this last and final service from me.

My old friends left without as much as a goodbye and that always tore me up inside. And now, I am doing the same. Sadly, that is the life of a gamer. We gain friends and we lose friends. Maybe some become real friends, but those who don't we must accept that one day, they too will disappear from the virtual side of ourselves.

I believe that is all I wanted to say in my final hours of anything attached to jk2. It is time for me to move on. I just wanted to go out in some type of fashion appropriate to my name, Nibler. Smile

May your kicks strike swift and your saber true forever!

Your friendly neighborhood Nibler Wink

P.S. I will stick around on these forums for a few more days before slowly getting on less and less until I no longer show up in case there are some final questions for me or would like to say something for me to respond to. But I doubt there's anything left to say to Ol' Nib Razz.

Edit: Da hell!? I spent 2 hours thinking/writing about this piece of crap!?!?
Back to top Go down
GONZA
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
GONZA

PostSubject: Re: Farewell The Journey Was Amazing :)   Farewell The Journey Was Amazing :) Icon_minitimeSat 13 Oct 2012, 8:53 am

Very nice message nib, very good luck in your life and farewell Smile
Back to top Go down
Dark Misery

Dark Misery

PostSubject: Re: Farewell The Journey Was Amazing :)   Farewell The Journey Was Amazing :) Icon_minitimeSat 13 Oct 2012, 5:43 pm

Cool story.
Back to top Go down
Nibler

Nibler

PostSubject: Re: Farewell The Journey Was Amazing :)   Farewell The Journey Was Amazing :) Icon_minitimeSun 14 Oct 2012, 12:12 pm

GONZA wrote:
Very nice message nib, very good luck in your life and farewell Smile
Thanks, Gonza. Bye-bye <3

Dark Misery wrote:
Cool story.
I enjoyed weaving the tale Smile.
Back to top Go down
teddybear
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan
teddybear

PostSubject: Re: Farewell The Journey Was Amazing :)   Farewell The Journey Was Amazing :) Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2012, 12:08 am

Nibs We havent spoken for yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaarsssss... Cya mate, Enjoy your life because you live just once Smile I wish ya all the best things in your life!!

Cheers Niby.
Back to top Go down
Igrom

Igrom

PostSubject: Re: Farewell The Journey Was Amazing :)   Farewell The Journey Was Amazing :) Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2012, 2:51 am

It's very nice to see a written farewell from you while you're not even in the clan: many of our former mates could learn from it.

Seeing kickscripting becoming gradually tolerated makes opposing it an errant venture; it's regrettable you used JKBot, though. I believe it's always better to lose to a cheater fighting fair and square than to dance to their tune.

Quote :
The name became legendary and synonymous for a "true" righteous pro.

I guess you're one of the very few people that can get away with saying this. That's the kind of moment when I wonder what kind of lasting impression I give off. You indeed were "almost" universally acclaimed.

It's always pleasing to read an active player's words in their final hour, a memento and a list of achievements of sorts. People shouldn't sever their ties without a goodbye: a good community member ought to do his share and leave with a bang, not a whimper. You were a face refreshing to see on the servers, most definitely not a passerby. Just as to everyone, all I can wish you is for you to find more great places you can leave your Nibler's footprint on. You might lose contact with everyone, but you're immortalized in those "oh yeah, there was this cool Nibler guy" retrospections.

Good times.
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: Farewell The Journey Was Amazing :)   Farewell The Journey Was Amazing :) Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2012, 4:19 am

i thank you that you used our forum for that goodbye. it also tells me that this one here is also a part of jk2 that was important Smile
saying may the force be with you is kind of odd to say, since everybody here does, so let me pick another quote, different saga: live long and prosper
Smile
Back to top Go down
Axel
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Axel

PostSubject: Re: Farewell The Journey Was Amazing :)   Farewell The Journey Was Amazing :) Icon_minitimeTue 16 Oct 2012, 1:13 am

Ill use another quote to say goodbye: 'Where the f**k is my gun?'
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: Farewell The Journey Was Amazing :)   Farewell The Journey Was Amazing :) Icon_minitimeTue 16 Oct 2012, 3:49 am

Nibler, you're a great JK2 player, one of the few pros who kept the atmosphere positive in a uniquely social fighting game, and we're grateful for the support you've shown SoL through the years.

The legend of Nibler did not happen on its own. No one is perfect and everyone makes mistakes, of course, but Nibler the legend would not exist without Nibler the player. Although the player may be more human and more complex than the legend, you're one and the same and you can be proud of the legacy you've left.

Take care, Nib!
Back to top Go down
solid snake
Legend
Legend
solid snake

PostSubject: Re: Farewell The Journey Was Amazing :)   Farewell The Journey Was Amazing :) Icon_minitimeTue 16 Oct 2012, 8:53 am

Take care Nib Smile Hope everything good to your future Smile
Back to top Go down
Nibler

Nibler

PostSubject: Re: Farewell The Journey Was Amazing :)   Farewell The Journey Was Amazing :) Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2012, 12:19 pm

@teddy, I am sorry teddy, I stopped using Xfire a while back Razz Hope you enjoy yourself!

@Igrom, I'm not trying to get away with anything here. I laid out all that I had to say/admit in my first post Smile. I'm sorry that you are a little disappointed in knowing I used JkBot. I apologize for that. I am glad that you seemed to enjoy my final moments. Farewell my friend Smile.

@Xaso, I've got to admit, you and I have the weirdest relationship/friendship (whatever you'd like to call it) ever! I'm glad we were able to see passed each other's disagreements even if we never really chatted outside of jk2. It was a thrill. Bye friend!

@Axel, you left your gun in my room. You know.... When.. Uh.. Yeah Wink. BYE!

@Nick, thank you for saying all that. It means a lot coming from you. I wish we had more opportunities to chat with each other but perhaps in another life Wink. Bye bye!

@Solid, I hope your future goes well too solid! Bye!

Well, I believe most of what needs to be said has been said, and there is little more discussion left. Smile So guys, again, it has been a pleasure being a part of SoL and jk2 in general. Perhaps we'll see each other again someday as passersby.

Nibler signing out Wink ---
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: Farewell The Journey Was Amazing :)   Farewell The Journey Was Amazing :) Icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2012, 12:01 am

weird indeed ^^
bye friend Smile
Back to top Go down
sebbat
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
sebbat

PostSubject: Re: Farewell The Journey Was Amazing :)   Farewell The Journey Was Amazing :) Icon_minitimeSat 20 Oct 2012, 4:47 pm

Nibler, you are a legend of this game,i will remember you as one of the most pro guys i ever met in jk2, cuz you were always friendly and really skilled. Farewell and good luck
Back to top Go down
Lelouch

PostSubject: Re: Farewell The Journey Was Amazing :)   Farewell The Journey Was Amazing :) Icon_minitimeMon 22 Oct 2012, 2:14 pm

*Claps* Nice knowing you Nib Very Happy!
Back to top Go down
Commander Bacara

Commander Bacara

PostSubject: Re: Farewell The Journey Was Amazing :)   Farewell The Journey Was Amazing :) Icon_minitimeFri 09 Nov 2012, 9:48 am

Do you remember me Nib?... I fly a kite missed old times :/
Back to top Go down
Lelouch

PostSubject: Re: Farewell The Journey Was Amazing :)   Farewell The Journey Was Amazing :) Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 6:52 am

Holy crap commander is alive! xD! <3
Back to top Go down
Nibler

Nibler

PostSubject: Re: Farewell The Journey Was Amazing :)   Farewell The Journey Was Amazing :) Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012, 12:27 pm

Commander Bacara wrote:
Do you remember me Nib?... I fly a kite missed old times :/

Of course I do! Smile The old times were great but nothing gold can stay Wink
Back to top Go down
Igrom

Igrom

PostSubject: Re: Farewell The Journey Was Amazing :)   Farewell The Journey Was Amazing :) Icon_minitimeTue 13 Nov 2012, 9:59 am

Nib wrote:
Igrom, I'm not trying to get away with anything here.

What I tried to say was that you're one of the few people who can claim that.
Back to top Go down
Nibler

Nibler

PostSubject: Re: Farewell The Journey Was Amazing :)   Farewell The Journey Was Amazing :) Icon_minitimeThu 15 Nov 2012, 8:52 pm

No worries Igrom. Smile So, I forgot to stop watching this topic so I kept getting emails! But blast it, now it's time to stop watching this thread! Razz
Back to top Go down
Junior >X<

PostSubject: Re: Farewell The Journey Was Amazing :)   Farewell The Journey Was Amazing :) Icon_minitimeFri 16 Nov 2012, 1:44 pm

i wish you lucky my friend...i will miss play with you
Back to top Go down
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Farewell The Journey Was Amazing :)   Farewell The Journey Was Amazing :) Icon_minitimeSun 10 Feb 2013, 7:51 am

First time I've seen this but I wanted to extand a hand to Nibs. It means a lot you came to say goodbye it makes me feel somewhat you are a part of the team ^_^

At first when I think I've known you for years I think intially that I'm exagerrating but then I realise I have known you for a while, and I thank the instructions in training and advise. I'm part of a younger generation and you always had someting to teach.

In regards to this:

Nibler wrote:
As those two things are what I hated for what they did to jk2, but I just got to the point where I stopped caring and embraced that side. To me that is my greatest mistake.

I think we all have passed our stage of that blinding us from the true person you were. People have different ways of playing the game, and I wouldn't classify it as a mistake but just an experiance. We have ups and downs and no-one's perfect. You are an uncontested legend within this game. Qui-Gon Jinn

Igrom wrote:
It's always pleasing to read an active player's words in their final hour, a memento and a list of achievements of sorts. People shouldn't sever their ties without a goodbye: a good community member ought to do his share and leave with a bang, not a whimper. You were a face refreshing to see on the servers, most definitely not a passerby. Just as to everyone, all I can wish you is for you to find more great places you can leave your Nibler's footprint on.

+++

Take care master of my master, thou art the
Grandmaster.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Farewell The Journey Was Amazing :)   Farewell The Journey Was Amazing :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Farewell The Journey Was Amazing :)
Page 1 of 1