)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!)

Go down 
+4
Xasomur
Igrom
Battledroidlover
8 posters

Shall i make a SoL Facebook Profile?
YES
Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!) I_vote1025%Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!) I_vote11
 25% [ 2 ]
NO
Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!) I_vote1075%Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!) I_vote11
 75% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept

Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!) Empty
PostSubject: Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!)   Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!) Icon_minitimeWed 10 Apr 2013, 5:06 am

Greetings

Ive been thinking about our privous Topic. And i have made a choice that i will get the SoL Facebook site up and running, now i ask you, if you guys would be prepaird to do things:

1) Send me pictures from ingame whenever play on the SoL server, coz i cant play at the moment and it would be good to have a weekly picture upload on our site

2) give me exciting news on SoL for example: some one won a TT or someone got ranked up...

3) if you have any SoL Videos, send the link to me and i can put it on our SoL facebook site, it would be good to have videos on our site.

ps: i will take care of the SoL Facebook profile so no worrys!

Yours Sincerly

Last edited by Avatar Aang on Fri 12 Apr 2013, 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Battledroidlover

PostSubject: Re: Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!)   Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!) Icon_minitimeWed 10 Apr 2013, 5:14 am

No need, we have the forum for a reason. No.
Back to top Go down
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept

PostSubject: Re: Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!)   Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!) Icon_minitimeWed 10 Apr 2013, 5:17 am

Battledroidlover wrote:
No need, we have the forum for a reason. No.

cmon, its not like that your gonna run the whole thing.
whats so bad about it
Back to top Go down
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Battledroidlover

PostSubject: Re: Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!)   Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!) Icon_minitimeWed 10 Apr 2013, 6:11 am

Why would I run it?
I mean that there is no point in using facebook when we have the forum! If the sol page is made it will either have 0 followers or people who come on this forum would go on there instead and the forum would be a ghostown, plus I don't see why your so desperate to see all our personal facebook profiles xD
Back to top Go down
Igrom

Igrom

PostSubject: Re: Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!)   Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!) Icon_minitimeWed 10 Apr 2013, 6:52 am

I'm separating gaming community affairs and my 'public' social life. You can't paste your face into the game for a reason, the same why people still use the Padawan name: anonymity is convenient. Not only do people get to effortlessly access data on you, you also lose control over how you portray yourself: you're no longer just a player. I'm content with my Lando skin and my ancient nickname.

Nibler's story makes me think whether it's worth it to link video game personalities to the real. You know ? Would he be still the same Nib in my perception if I saw his face/friends/where he's from ? I think that online gaming loses part of its magic this way.

I'm not too fond of including SoL in my Facebook account... well, unless the page is minimalistic.

I'd rather keep my profile clean and bare, too. I dislike the service. Sure, it's a great resource for getting in touch with people, but there's no point in having "friends" posting empty messages and 'likes'. It's not like actually people give a damn.

Quote :
And for those people who dont want give up there personal Information can create another Facebook profile and then join the SoL Facebook site, this way you dont have to give up your perosnal information.

Then the idea becomes even less appealing. It would serve no purpose, other than a list of its members.

I could dig a page containing the title of our clan, the logo, a short description and a link, with the ability to post ANYTHING blocked. This way we would have something akin to a business card, proof of membership which wouldn't cancel out the forum.

Last edited by Igrom on Wed 10 Apr 2013, 7:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!)   Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!) Icon_minitimeWed 10 Apr 2013, 7:07 am

no need. thx. Smile
Back to top Go down
Igrom

Igrom

PostSubject: Re: Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!)   Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!) Icon_minitimeWed 10 Apr 2013, 7:11 am

Damn it, Xasomur, you're rendering my whole effort naught.
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!)   Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!) Icon_minitimeWed 10 Apr 2013, 7:59 am

if you wouldnt have written that longer post, i would have Smile
Back to top Go down
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept

PostSubject: Re: Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!)   Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!) Icon_minitimeWed 10 Apr 2013, 8:29 am

Igrom wrote:
I'm separating gaming community affairs and my 'public' social life. You can't paste your face into the game for a reason, the same why people still use the Padawan name: anonymity is convenient. Not only do people get to effortlessly access data on you, you also lose control over how you portray yourself: you're no longer just a player. I'm content with my Lando skin and my ancient nickname.

Nibler's story makes me think whether it's worth it to link video game personalities to the real. You know ? Would he be still the same Nib in my perception if I saw his face/friends/where he's from ? I think that online gaming loses part of its magic this way.

I'm not too fond of including SoL in my Facebook account... well, unless the page is minimalistic.

I'd rather keep my profile clean and bare, too. I dislike the service. Sure, it's a great resource for getting in touch with people, but there's no point in having "friends" posting empty messages and 'likes'. It's not like actually people give a damn.

Quote :
And for those people who dont want give up there personal Information can create another Facebook profile and then join the SoL Facebook site, this way you dont have to give up your perosnal information.

Then the idea becomes even less appealing. It would serve no purpose, other than a list of its members.

I could dig a page containing the title of our clan, the logo, a short description and a link, with the ability to post ANYTHING blocked. This way we would have something akin to a business card, proof of membership which wouldn't cancel out the forum.

See thats where you are not reading my topic. I said CLEARLY that you can make ANOTHER FACEBOOK PROFILE and ONLY use that for the SOL FACEBOOK PAGE, THAT WAY YOU WOULD NOT BE GIVING OUT ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION. I AINT GOING ON THERE WITH MY REAL NAME ITHER.
Not to mention, i know a lot of people who would be proud to join the SoL Facebook Page, who dont come to the forum.
Forum will stay as forum, thats the thing, we still do the same as we do. But we can present SoL to the whole world, i have so many people ask me dayly: What is SoL???
Well this is the point. If i post the link from this forum on my profile which i already doneto eveyone in the world they wont be very intrested, but then when they see a proper SoL Facebook Page, they will get intrested, and would want to have a look at it. you see the POINT???

ps: I dont want to know your personal information and i totaly respect your way of thinking Igrom and BDL. But we dont have to USE our own perosnal information, we make a new profile.
I will do the same. I seperate Personal life and Game life. As i learnd from Xasomur and Kernow!

cmon just give it a try, if its shit we can still change our mind, but just give it a try, who knows mayby we can profit from it

Yours Sencerly

Back to top Go down
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Battledroidlover

PostSubject: Re: Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!)   Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!) Icon_minitimeWed 10 Apr 2013, 9:14 am

Still no. But we all know your gunna make it anyway lol...... Suspect
Back to top Go down
Garretfire
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept
Garretfire

PostSubject: Re: Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!)   Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!) Icon_minitimeWed 10 Apr 2013, 9:15 am

Could we not just set up a page and list members? At least it would be on facebook, and we could look at it, but none of us would have to join or like the page. That way all of our private stuff would be safe, and others could learn more about the game.
Back to top Go down
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept

PostSubject: Re: Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!)   Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!) Icon_minitimeThu 11 Apr 2013, 2:25 am

Garretfire wrote:
Could we not just set up a page and list members? At least it would be on facebook, and we could look at it, but none of us would have to join or like the page. That way all of our private stuff would be safe, and others could learn more about the game.

Greetings

What du you mean?

Yours Sincerly

Back to top Go down
Igrom

Igrom

PostSubject: Re: Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!)   Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!) Icon_minitimeThu 11 Apr 2013, 6:27 am

He's more or less saying what I am. Let's just make a front for the clan, nothing else. Something to optionally join.

And Aang, if we were to create fictional accounts solely to like our clan's facebook page, then there's no point in *having* a facebook page. I'm sure I wouldn't visit my profile at all.
Back to top Go down
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept

PostSubject: Re: Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!)   Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!) Icon_minitimeFri 12 Apr 2013, 12:49 am

Igrom wrote:
He's more or less saying what I am. Let's just make a front for the clan, nothing else. Something to optionally join.

And Aang, if we were to create fictional accounts solely to like our clan's facebook page, then there's no point in *having* a facebook page. I'm sure I wouldn't visit my profile at all.

Greetings

So you are saying that i can/should make a SoL Facebook Page but you guys just dont join it or like it, but you do visit it?

Well if that is the case i could do it. But then i need the stuff that i writen at the top.

Yours sincerly

Back to top Go down
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Battledroidlover

PostSubject: Re: Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!)   Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!) Icon_minitimeFri 12 Apr 2013, 3:40 am

Urhm .... Aang... look at the vote... it's a No.
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!)   Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!) Icon_minitimeFri 12 Apr 2013, 9:32 am

aang, its not worth the work. no-one wants it no one thinks its useful and no one is going to use it.
all it would bring ist senseless work for you.
no one forbids... but that doesnt mean "yes"....
Back to top Go down
Leonardo
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Leonardo

PostSubject: Re: Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!)   Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!) Icon_minitimeSat 13 Apr 2013, 6:04 am

Igrom wrote:
Damn it, Xasomur, you're rendering my whole effort naught.

Praying that one day I'll be as funny as Iggy.
Back to top Go down
Axel
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Axel

PostSubject: Re: Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!)   Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!) Icon_minitimeSat 13 Apr 2013, 8:54 am

No, no, no, no, people are evil so I play games to get away from people I know. Did I mention no?
Back to top Go down
Garretfire
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept
Garretfire

PostSubject: Re: Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!)   Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!) Icon_minitimeSat 13 Apr 2013, 9:27 am

Xasomur wrote:
aang, its not worth the work. no-one wants it no one thinks its useful and no one is going to use it.

If he wishes to upkeep it and make it, go for it. What is the harm and Xaso you will not have to mess with it or even look at it if you did not want to. I see no harm or way that this could hurt anyone. As long as nobody can be part of the page because names will want to be confidential, which I understand, there is no reason we should not put this up. It can only help, not hurt! Razz Very Happy Fight!
Back to top Go down
Garretfire
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept
Garretfire

PostSubject: Re: Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!)   Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!) Icon_minitimeSat 13 Apr 2013, 9:29 am

I vote yes, as none of us but Avatar will be upkeeping it.
Back to top Go down
TheGraanulaarian
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
TheGraanulaarian

PostSubject: Re: Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!)   Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!) Icon_minitimeSat 13 Apr 2013, 3:30 pm

There was once a facebook page for SoL. It was a totally optional thing and only recently got deleted. If he wants to badly enough then I see no problem in it, since again it is the user's choice whether or not to join in.
Back to top Go down
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Battledroidlover

PostSubject: Re: Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!)   Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!) Icon_minitimeSat 13 Apr 2013, 9:22 pm

^^ I read the beginning of that post as a poem xD But it didn't rhyme Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!)   Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!) Icon_minitimeSun 14 Apr 2013, 4:14 am

Garretfire wrote:
Xasomur wrote:

If he wishes to upkeep it and make it, go for it. What is the harm and Xaso you will not have to mess with it or even look at it if you did not want to. I see no harm or way that this could hurt anyone. As long as nobody can be part of the page because names will want to be confidential, which I understand, there is no reason we should not put this up. It can only help, not hurt! Razz Very Happy Fight!
youre saying what im saying too
^^
Back to top Go down
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept

PostSubject: Re: Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!)   Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!) Icon_minitimeSun 14 Apr 2013, 7:37 am

Greetings

Ok, but if i should do it, then i need the requrements that i put up on the Main Topic Text.

Yours Sincerly

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!)   Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opening SoL Facebook! (VOTE!)
Page 1 of 1