)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

the movies and george lucas.

Go down 
+2
Xasomur
ExiDux
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ExiDux

ExiDux

the movies and george lucas. Empty
PostSubject: the movies and george lucas.   the movies and george lucas. Icon_minitimeTue 15 Apr 2014, 3:56 am

it is interesting to hear how everything changed. And above all it is twice as interesting to see the drama around all this, and how far some people go with it. But, in the end nobody can ever honestly say that new viewers
would watch puppets and plastic in times where puppets and plastic are rendered semi realistic and with more motion. so here are some informative clips. Wink

1 : the mistake is to focus on effects and not content?

2 : The original HQ tape was destroyed in 1997.

The only thing what bothers me here is the fact that they can restore 1940's war videos shot during the worst of worst times... without destroying the tapes.

might be informative for those interested.

Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: the movies and george lucas.   the movies and george lucas. Icon_minitimeTue 15 Apr 2014, 5:34 am

I can understand the wish to SAVE the movie. but the second part obviously shows that george lucas remade it and wanted to "make it better" instead of restoring. the first scene with jabba was awesome... now with the obviously animated thingy, that makes a loud noise when han steps on him - which he never did - it's different and strange. its a stranger in the movie. Just like that scene when they enter mos eisley. It changes the movie, since it is different. And why making Greedo shoot first?
He changed the movie, and that sux!
Back to top Go down
ExiDux

ExiDux

PostSubject: Re: the movies and george lucas.   the movies and george lucas. Icon_minitimeTue 15 Apr 2014, 5:44 am

yeah, i know that feeling. the first time i could see the after edits on tv with the
tentacle plant thing coming out of the pit where skywalker was going to be thrown in by example,
made me feel a moment of 'what the... why'.

it is also disrespectful that they change the actors their performance, but a lot of these new
scenes they added where once unfinished and CUTS that never made it.

it might just be what money does with people, start with a passion and end with
a full pocket that could hold a little more. but it are movies after all, there are worse things
that could happen.
Back to top Go down
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Battledroidlover

PostSubject: Re: the movies and george lucas.   the movies and george lucas. Icon_minitimeWed 16 Apr 2014, 9:41 am

I don't have a problem with any of the changed Smile
Back to top Go down
Danek

Danek

PostSubject: Re: the movies and george lucas.   the movies and george lucas. Icon_minitimeThu 17 Apr 2014, 1:42 am

Richard Marquand > George Lucas
Originals > Prequels
Honestly no need for some of the changes, such as getting Temuera Morrison to voice all the Stormtroopers, and apparently they all going to add the 'Nooooooooooooooooo' Vader says in Episode 3 to when he kills Palpatine?
Back to top Go down
ExiDux

ExiDux

PostSubject: Re: the movies and george lucas.   the movies and george lucas. Icon_minitimeThu 17 Apr 2014, 3:35 am

rofl, that would be insane.
vader in the old originals is a powerful figure whom never shows how much power he
has. sqeezing somebody to death, insane amounts of room away from behind a screen is the closest you get to knowing what he can do.

Adding a 'NOOOOOOOOOO' to that would destroy everything he is and became and make it into a frigging soft
mush. He is a damn cyborg with a respirator and a silent mind, not arnold swartzenvader killing an army while screaming 'NOOOOOOOOO' because its cool.
Back to top Go down
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

PostSubject: Re: the movies and george lucas.   the movies and george lucas. Icon_minitimeThu 17 Apr 2014, 4:36 am

ExiDux wrote:
He is a damn cyborg with a respirator and a silent mind, not arnold swartzenvader killing an army while screaming 'NOOOOOOOOO' because its cool.

lol
Back to top Go down
ExiDux

ExiDux

PostSubject: Re: the movies and george lucas.   the movies and george lucas. Icon_minitimeFri 18 Apr 2014, 3:33 am

Arnold Swartzenvader : "Chuuuk, Wheeez, Luke... I have come from the future... WHEEZ .... to keel you !"
Luke Skywalker : "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
Arnold swartzenvader ; "I will be... wheez.... BACK, with more guns !"
Luke skywalker : "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Vader throws emperor down well :
Arnold Swartzenvader : "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
The faling Emperor : "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

In the end :
Like father, like son, like sith lord.
Back to top Go down
iwabo
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
iwabo

PostSubject: Re: the movies and george lucas.   the movies and george lucas. Icon_minitimeFri 18 Apr 2014, 3:48 am

ExiDux wrote:
Arnold Swartzenvader : "Chuuuk, Wheeez, Luke... I have come from the future... WHEEZ .... to keel you !"
Luke Skywalker : "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
Arnold swartzenvader ; "I will be... wheez.... BACK, with more guns !"
Luke skywalker : "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Vader throws emperor down well :
Arnold Swartzenvader : "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
The faling Emperor : "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

In the end :
Like father, like son, like sith lord.

lol! funniest thing I've read all morning. I woke up my girlfriend laughing so hard. just the thought of Arnold Swartzenvader standing there, one shirt sleeve torn off, fist clenched and raised towards the heavens as he screams "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the movies and george lucas.   the movies and george lucas. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the movies and george lucas.
Page 1 of 1