)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

Im back to JK2 after 8 years! Need Help pls

Go down 
+4
EpicJK2
Vader
Reaver
SRP
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SRP

Im back to JK2 after 8 years! Need Help pls - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Im back to JK2 after 8 years! Need Help pls   Im back to JK2 after 8 years! Need Help pls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 03 Jan 2015, 3:06 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi there,

it's been a while (about 8 years or so) but Im really happy to see such an active community still playing this amazing game!

So I just installed JK2 Jedi Outcast and patched it to 1.04. As I assumed the ingame server search didn't turn up with any results, so I got myself "GameTracker" and searched for servers. I quickly found the SOL Europe server and tried to connect. But unfortunately an error appeared saying that I can not download "DCmod1.2_pk3" because the server has deactivated auto downloading. I tried finding that file everywhere on the web (also here in the download section) but I had no success. All the links are offline.

All other servers I tried I got an error saying that I can't connect because server has another "protocol version" (26).

Im desperate and don't know what to do :shed tears: I would love to play the game again. Maybe u can help me out.

Greetings
SRP
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Lelouch

PostSubject: Re: Im back to JK2 after 8 years! Need Help pls   Im back to JK2 after 8 years! Need Help pls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jan 2015, 7:37 am

"protocol version" (26). <--- I have a feeling it's because he's not on 1.04?
I would also recommend getting jk2mf... just because it might solve things
Also, windows/mac?
Back to top Go down
Lelouch

PostSubject: Re: Im back to JK2 after 8 years! Need Help pls   Im back to JK2 after 8 years! Need Help pls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jan 2015, 7:41 am

Sorry double post x.x

http://jkhub.org/files/file/74-jedi-outcast-patch-pc-jk2/
https://jk2.ouned.de/
Back to top Go down
SRP

PostSubject: Re: Im back to JK2 after 8 years! Need Help pls   Im back to JK2 after 8 years! Need Help pls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jan 2015, 7:45 am

EpicJK2 wrote:
There isn't an active CTF server as far as I'm aware. However the FC or Force Crusaders server sometimes run CTF\Instagib tournaments and we very occasionally do CTF in SoL. Other than that, there is a JJ Instagib CTF server but it's normally empty during EU times. Daggolin also had an Instagib server but I'm not sure if it's still up or how active it is, especially with the masterlist being down.

Too bad the masterlist is down. It's really hard to find servers without just bots :/ who works on the masters list? is it going to be back up anytime soon?

Would love to play some instagib, ffa is also okay, don't rly care, just love insta. Does anyone have IPs of any instagib servers?
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: Im back to JK2 after 8 years! Need Help pls   Im back to JK2 after 8 years! Need Help pls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jan 2015, 8:19 am

That would be the JJ server(s) - not purely instagib but they can put it on with enough people wanting or for example Force Crusaders (sometimes). We aren't able to put up instagib (yet)
Back to top Go down
Angelis

Angelis

PostSubject: Re: Im back to JK2 after 8 years! Need Help pls   Im back to JK2 after 8 years! Need Help pls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jan 2015, 8:21 am

SRP wrote:
EpicJK2 wrote:
There isn't an active CTF server as far as I'm aware. However the FC or Force Crusaders server sometimes run CTF\Instagib tournaments and we very occasionally do CTF in SoL. Other than that, there is a JJ Instagib CTF server but it's normally empty during EU times. Daggolin also had an Instagib server but I'm not sure if it's still up or how active it is, especially with the masterlist being down.

Too bad the masterlist is down. It's really hard to find servers without just bots :/ who works on the masters list? is it going to be back up anytime soon?

Would love to play some instagib, ffa is also okay, don't rly care, just love insta. Does anyone have IPs of any instagib servers?

most games of jk2's age (neverwinternights and freelancer are two good examples) have had their master servers down permanetly for about 2-3 years now. so I won't be suprised if soon the master server goes down permanatly. but it's not that hard to connect to servers via IPs, I have to do it on NWN and freelancer whenever I play them.
Back to top Go down
SRP

PostSubject: Re: Im back to JK2 after 8 years! Need Help pls   Im back to JK2 after 8 years! Need Help pls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jan 2015, 8:39 am

Angelis wrote:
it's not that hard to connect to servers via IPs, I have to do it on NWN and freelancer whenever I play them.

that's true but the hard part for me is to even find servers that are not empty (bots). I got this masterlist at dark-clan . servegame.com/serverlist/list.php?protocol=16 but it doesnt know who's a bot or who is not. I have to check the ping for every server to see if its actually full of real people or just bots.

and there is gametracker which I cant see if its Academy or Outcast. it's a pity Sad
Back to top Go down
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

PostSubject: Re: Im back to JK2 after 8 years! Need Help pls   Im back to JK2 after 8 years! Need Help pls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jan 2015, 8:50 am

What you could do is, add the servers to your favorites and then click server info on the servers so that you can see who is online. If its a server with just bots then you could remove it.

Edit: Or you could always add all the servers so that you'd have your own "masterlist".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Im back to JK2 after 8 years! Need Help pls   Im back to JK2 after 8 years! Need Help pls - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Im back to JK2 after 8 years! Need Help pls
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2