)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

[SOLUTION]Listening Music without Kill Trackers.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

[SOLUTION]Listening Music without Kill Trackers. Empty
PostSubject: [SOLUTION]Listening Music without Kill Trackers.   [SOLUTION]Listening Music without Kill Trackers. Icon_minitimeMon 24 May 2010, 5:12 am

Hi all.

I have noticed I could nowhere find a music player
that's not a kill tracker except some weird MusicCHanger 1.5
and something called cmc where you have to make a .pk3 file blah blah.
And it was also a script for listening music, proofs that's scripts are not
always bad. Of course a lot have killtracker and are fine with it. But I hate ANY kill tracker because it laggs my machine so here a solution for those with the same problem.

I came with these programs which are good if you wanna listen music in-game.

First the JK2 Minimizer:

http://www.filefront.com/963639/jk2minimizer_v2.zip#

or ( for all Quake Engine games ):

http://www.filefront.com/4482812/Q3E-Minimizer-v1.51/

Than this media player where you can easily add music and the most
important in this case: Make your own hotkeys!

http://www.foobar2000.org/

You can choice how everything is ordered in so like you choice to not get the
album art cover or no samplers or anything. You choice maps to get your music and than add what you want to listen.
You can if you want the same list again safe your playlist by: File > Save Playlist...

You can go to: file > Preferences > General > Keyboard Shortcuts

for easy search for the right action that needs happening you can filter your search. Choice your hotkeys and actions. It's ALSO REALLY GOOD TO get one for setting
the sound to 1 point like -3 dB to get sound back.

I did it like this

Ctrl + F1 = Previous song
Ctrl + F2 = Next song
Ctrl + F3 = Pause/Play
Ctrl + Shift + F1 = Shuffle Tracks
Ctrl + "+" ( at the right side Num keys ) for volume up
Ctrl + "-" for volume down
Ctrl + Shift + "+" = to -3 dB sound that's a setting what the sound gets to. So no volume up and down but simple 1 point of volume.

NOTE: The hotkeys don't react right away just wait a few sec's...
Also the minimizers are for if you have a problem or you want a certain song.
I didn't like Killtracker because that !play <search> was a mess for me.... so....

Not a lot of people like this as Kill Tracker is very popular but I didn't like it, also all these programs are free!

~Ferret
Back to top Go down
Commander Bacara

Commander Bacara

PostSubject: Re: [SOLUTION]Listening Music without Kill Trackers.   [SOLUTION]Listening Music without Kill Trackers. Icon_minitimeMon 24 May 2010, 6:24 am

Just Open Xfire... Then Windows Media player, go ingame, there open Xfire (Scroll Lock + X ) then put Music option :p, there you can see ur Music and play it ingame Smile... This wont lag believe me Smile
Back to top Go down
BlueNinja
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
BlueNinja

PostSubject: Re: [SOLUTION]Listening Music without Kill Trackers.   [SOLUTION]Listening Music without Kill Trackers. Icon_minitimeMon 24 May 2010, 8:27 am

I just use iTunes lol
Back to top Go down
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend
Ajunta Pall

PostSubject: Re: [SOLUTION]Listening Music without Kill Trackers.   [SOLUTION]Listening Music without Kill Trackers. Icon_minitimeMon 24 May 2010, 11:31 am

POOPOO : my solution = bacara !
Back to top Go down
Xemnas
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Xemnas

PostSubject: Re: [SOLUTION]Listening Music without Kill Trackers.   [SOLUTION]Listening Music without Kill Trackers. Icon_minitimeTue 25 May 2010, 3:27 am

Lol Ajunta ure weird^^ i use i tunes 2 but i want to hear it ingame so like the ingame background musik idk how to do this^^ any hints?? i got itunes 2
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: [SOLUTION]Listening Music without Kill Trackers.   [SOLUTION]Listening Music without Kill Trackers. Icon_minitimeTue 25 May 2010, 3:39 am

I use this http://www.foobar2000.org/
It is best Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [SOLUTION]Listening Music without Kill Trackers.   [SOLUTION]Listening Music without Kill Trackers. Icon_minitimeTue 25 May 2010, 5:20 am

Dragon wrote:
I use this http://www.foobar2000.org/
It is best Very Happy

Lol hat is exactly what I posted in my first topic starter message...

Anyway Xfire sucks because of the simple reason you can easily get hacked with third party programs... So I thought I just think of a solution... and iTunes sucks on a windows computer, on an apple it's fine. Well everyone got different tastes XD.

Xemnas wrote:
Lol Ajunta ure weird^^ i use i tunes 2 but i want to hear it ingame so like the ingame background musik idk how to do this^^ any hints?? i got itunes 2

I just turn off the background music and get foobar on.... but you can download CMC ( at filefront ) to get music using a script. You make a .pk3 file and you let a program for JK2 make a script so you can switch...

For me it didn't work, dont know why so I took this as my solution.

EDIT : Can anyone please edit the forum. It laggs like shit because of all the moving stuff. Can't post a normal reply :S.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [SOLUTION]Listening Music without Kill Trackers.   [SOLUTION]Listening Music without Kill Trackers. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[SOLUTION]Listening Music without Kill Trackers.
Page 1 of 1