)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

Dreams and Realisms

Go down 
+2
Hektor
Phoenix
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Phoenix

Dreams and Realisms Empty
PostSubject: Dreams and Realisms   Dreams and Realisms Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2010, 7:16 am

Following the quandary im currently experiencing regarding my career, and the decisions that will soon be facing me, ive been doing alot of think recently about the direction i want my life to head. But i was also thinking about you guys. In SoL we have membes young and old but regardless of age, one day we will have to venture out into the big wide world of work. No matter what age, we all have dreams and aspirations as to what we want to be when we are older and i was curious about how you guys feel about your future and where you would like to see yourself a few years down the line.

So, just all chip in with a few comments about a) what u are currently studying or have studied in the past b)Your dream job/career c) what you actually see yourselfs doing from a realistic point of view.

So i'll start.

I got qualifactions in electronics and electrical maintenance at college, i decided i wanted to be an Engineer as a career so was then employed on an apprenticeship where i gained other qualifactions within engineering (including a fork lift licence), however i lost my job due to the company liquidating about 2 years into my time, so im not time served and i never managed to secure another placement. It looks like that career is all but over, however i may try to achive it again when industry picks up in the future (never say never Wink ). Currently i work for a company called Hartwalls (through an agency which is somewhat a raw deal.) Its a physical and repetitive job for relatively low pay where we simply assemble High sided mesh trolleys that they use for example, in supermarkets for holding stock. Truth be told, ive only been there 4 weeks, its not a very good job at all, plus the boss asks for obscene amounts of overtime that really does compromise personal time Sad but its got to be done if i want money (especially with xmas approaching)

My dream career would be to be a forumla 1 driver, ive gone mad over the sport ever since i was kid, i think that would be my ultimate career, but even working on a team as a mechanic or engineer would be a dream shot. However a fighter pilot was also an attactive career to me too because Top Gun is one of my favourite films Razz Failing that then an actor/comedian. Wink

On a more realistic note and addressing engineering again, there are two main things that directed me to that career choice, formula 1 and railways. Ive always had huge enthusiasm for locomotives and railways alike, when i was a kid i used to love train sets (i could waste hours just watching them at my uncles house) and ive also done voluntary work at a real railway. North yorkshire moors is one of the only heritage railways in the country that still run steam tender engines, but they also have classic diesels too. I used to go there with my dad when i aged 16-18 and help do work on them in the shed, and get a few free rides in the loco itself to boot Smile

Im going to australia in about 2-4 months (fingers crossed) for a years "working" holiday (at least), however after that i may try and shoot for a career on a railway, failing that, i may try my hand at university (though im unsure what i will study).

Ok so thats me. Ive wrote way more than i wanted to actually lol but never mind. Anyways feel free to comment and share your own hopes and ambitions with the rest of the clan. Smile

Back to top Go down
Hektor

Hektor

PostSubject: Re: Dreams and Realisms   Dreams and Realisms Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2010, 8:13 am

I am studying PCs (basic web coding, HW, SW...) and economy..... high school
My dream is to get a good job in some PC company with a good payment ^_^

Back to top Go down
Dark Misery

Dark Misery

PostSubject: Re: Dreams and Realisms   Dreams and Realisms Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2010, 8:45 am

My dream is to conqur this world and make everyone my slaves once and for all.
Just kidding, I really don't want this world it sux.

On a more serious note, I'm learning web design/programming/and business (mainly internet business). I want to start off small (building web sites for pps) to creating games and eventually to running a company! Cool And PWNing Microsoft!

There are lots of details inbetween, but it would really be too long to explain.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Dreams and Realisms   Dreams and Realisms Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2010, 9:14 am

Gonna be a long battle, but if you have ambition and motivation, all is achivable.
Back to top Go down
sebbat
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
sebbat

PostSubject: Re: Dreams and Realisms   Dreams and Realisms Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2010, 9:26 am

Idk what study yet :/

I think that im gonna study sport journalist or maybe P.E Teacher

But for now i just want to finish school
Back to top Go down
Dark Misery

Dark Misery

PostSubject: Re: Dreams and Realisms   Dreams and Realisms Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2010, 9:32 am

BTW hek, what does HW and SW stand for? SW = Star Wars? lol
Back to top Go down
Xemnas
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Xemnas

PostSubject: Re: Dreams and Realisms   Dreams and Realisms Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2010, 9:39 am

a) im finished b) i work at the Airport where my father once worked so its like i live my dream^^ and its a realy cool intresting Job actually i am new at that Job but the ppl who work there are like a family and they see me as one of them so its realy cool but the times u work are crazy you have to wake up at 2:30am and work to 11:30 then i go sleep til 16:00 and then i have time to live my live like going buy food and else i also have some time for my computer ^^ but i think about studieng something...
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: Dreams and Realisms   Dreams and Realisms Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2010, 10:13 am

i study latin and history for being a teacher in the future. and yea, by now its running great Smile i seem to have a talent for assignements, all of the 4 assignements i had to write until now, they've all been 1,0, the very best mark you can get. Very Happy my exams are not that well (even failed one, but that is a course meant to fail at once or twice... isnt that crazy? but its for latin. latin in school is a shit in relation to what u need for the university, thats why they force you to really work for it, to really become an expert of the language, before you can start the in depth studies of that languages phenomenons and the roman literature) but over all the exams are ok

my dream was to be indiana jones Razz not only for the action and all that dramatic stuff, but i really wanted to be so smart in ancient things, and i wanted to find some unique artifact, have my own museum ^^
but in the end, being a real archaeologist would be too much waiting for a sponsor, playing in the dirt, drawing fundaments of houses and profiles of tiny stuff and so much paper work D:
another dream of mine was it to just win in the lottery and then spend the rest of my life in my chair playing games, sleeping much, eating more etc... ^^

but on a realistic base, i have nothing to dream of, which i couldnt do. my graduation after 12 years of school ahs been so well, that i could have chosen anything i want to study. thats what i did. my main interests are old languages and history. you can either be a scientist of these, which will end being a teacher at a university. or you can just aim at being a teacher, but then for school. and i rather teach at schools, where i can have another influence on the children, than im able to have on older students. if im a good latin-teacher, then maybe more of my pupils will be interested in latin, than if another teacher, who is maybe worse than me, will kill all their joy of that language Smile
so im 100% happy by now Smile
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Dreams and Realisms   Dreams and Realisms Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2010, 10:25 am

What i cant understand, is where latin would get you with regards to a career other than being a teacher.....
Back to top Go down
sebbat
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
sebbat

PostSubject: Re: Dreams and Realisms   Dreams and Realisms Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2010, 11:08 am

Translator phoe
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: Dreams and Realisms   Dreams and Realisms Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2010, 11:14 am

like i said: scientist (which means latin for latin, or latin for university students, which means teacher) or teacher (which means latin for pupils)
so yes. latin is a touch one ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dreams and Realisms   Dreams and Realisms Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dreams and Realisms
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide :: )>SoL<(~Free Chat :: Jedi Knight-
Jump to: