)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

Best Software for a tight win7 machine

Go down 
+3
Tenken
Ajunta Pall
wehr
7 posters
AuthorMessage
wehr

Best Software for a tight win7 machine Empty
PostSubject: Best Software for a tight win7 machine   Best Software for a tight win7 machine Icon_minitimeTue 25 Jan 2011, 11:34 am

For people who may not have a clue. The best software I've found to backup and keep your machine running tight.

Backup - Acronis True Image Home (you can backup a whole drive or individual partition. makes cake out of getting a fragged system up and running again)

Antivirus/Antispyware/etc.... - Norton Internet Security ( which include a nice password manager for those of you with tons of passwords)

Defragging - Diskeeper Home or Pro edition (defrags your disks on the fly 24/7). fragmentation is one of biggest probs with NTFS and can slow your system to a crawl.

Registry Problems - Registry Mechanic by PC TOOLS ( best registry software ever). registry errors can slow your system down a lot too and lead to boot failures. also has a clean feature
that makes it ez to get rid of temp files, etc...

w
e
h
r

Back to top Go down
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend
Ajunta Pall

PostSubject: Re: Best Software for a tight win7 machine   Best Software for a tight win7 machine Icon_minitimeTue 25 Jan 2011, 9:38 pm

bite.

Avira antivirus is better than norton, and it's free.

Defragg is automatically done by w7.

And, for registery, i prefer search and destroy Razz
Back to top Go down
Tenken

Tenken

PostSubject: Re: Best Software for a tight win7 machine   Best Software for a tight win7 machine Icon_minitimeWed 26 Jan 2011, 3:13 am

You turn my software into hardware.
Back to top Go down
wehr

PostSubject: Re: Best Software for a tight win7 machine   Best Software for a tight win7 machine Icon_minitimeWed 02 Feb 2011, 12:32 am

@ aju, win 7 has a scheduler for defragging and the build in defragger sucks compared to diskeeper. diskeeper is alway moving your data around to keep disk running at peak performance. it's way different. better yet use a ssd cuz it's way faster and no defragging needed. : )

free antivuruses all suck. you get what you pay for and i don't agree with you a bit on this subject. I helped probably almost 100 people that have had problems with free shit.

try diskeeper and regisdtry mechanic. you'll learn.....

w
e
h
r
Back to top Go down
Dark Misery

Dark Misery

PostSubject: Re: Best Software for a tight win7 machine   Best Software for a tight win7 machine Icon_minitimeWed 02 Feb 2011, 2:15 pm

Isn't Spybot Search and Destroy a Anti-SPyware tool? lol. Or does it do registry too?

Wehr is right about diskeeper (Or Perfect Disk), it's way better then Windows Default Defragger.

For Anti-Viruses, like I always say, I prefer Kaspersky or NoD32 Because of speed and power.
Back to top Go down
wehr

PostSubject: Re: Best Software for a tight win7 machine   Best Software for a tight win7 machine Icon_minitimeWed 02 Feb 2011, 6:34 pm

laaaf, it checks the registry for entries that malware, spyware, etc.. have made to registry but it is not a registry tool. it won't fix problems that badly written software has made to your registry. registry mechanic is best software i've found to fix registry problems. it's awesome.

w
e
h
r
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: Best Software for a tight win7 machine   Best Software for a tight win7 machine Icon_minitimeThu 03 Feb 2011, 1:19 am

I used no antivirus for the first 15 years or so that I used computers. I never got a virus. A couple years ago I started testing with a few different antivirus products, and finally settled on using avast free antivirus. None of them found any viruses already on my computer, and the only warnings avast has ever given are for potentially malicious JavaScript code maybe four times total, which is fairly benign as far as security threats go.

In a corporate environment, obviously you want a big name antivirus player, largely for technical support. But for home use, free antivirus is sufficient for most users' habits, especially if they're on Windows 7.
Back to top Go down
wehr

PostSubject: Re: Best Software for a tight win7 machine   Best Software for a tight win7 machine Icon_minitimeThu 03 Feb 2011, 1:56 am

i recovered data from 3 ppl's machines last spring that got a virus from facebook. they all had a free version of antivirus. so i disagree with you too nick. they were xp machines. free versions just don't have the man power behind them that the big names do. personally i use, and like, norton but the only other program i'd put on my machine would probably be mcafee. i've read some decent things about the program laaaf mentions but i haven't checked that program out yet. i know pc mag and cnet rate norton 360 as editor's choice or highest rating. i prefer norton internet security. 360 is overkill imo.

w
e
h
r
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: Best Software for a tight win7 machine   Best Software for a tight win7 machine Icon_minitimeThu 03 Feb 2011, 2:01 am

I know all too well that people do indeed get viruses, but it's not really very common. For most users and their habits, in my experience, the cost of antivirus is not worth the protection against such an unlikely threat. My family, friends, and I have been perfectly satisfied with free antivirus since we have had no problems. I agree that the bigger names provide more protection, I just don't believe they're necessary, because for me and my friends, as well as the various people whose computers I have serviced, it has not been necessary. If you've got the money though, why not? Razz
Back to top Go down
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend
Ajunta Pall

PostSubject: Re: Best Software for a tight win7 machine   Best Software for a tight win7 machine Icon_minitimeThu 03 Feb 2011, 2:11 am

NickdeClaw wrote:
I used no antivirus for the first 15 years or so that I used computers. I never got a virus. A couple years ago I started testing with a few different antivirus products, and finally settled on using avast free antivirus. None of them found any viruses already on my computer, and the only warnings avast has ever given are for potentially malicious JavaScript code maybe four times total, which is fairly benign as far as security threats go.

In a corporate environment, obviously you want a big name antivirus player, largely for technical support. But for home use, free antivirus is sufficient for most users' habits, especially if they're on Windows 7.

i told you wehr, avira best :p
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: Best Software for a tight win7 machine   Best Software for a tight win7 machine Icon_minitimeThu 03 Feb 2011, 2:16 am

No, I used avira, I didn't like it. I use avast. Razz
Back to top Go down
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend
Ajunta Pall

PostSubject: Re: Best Software for a tight win7 machine   Best Software for a tight win7 machine Icon_minitimeThu 03 Feb 2011, 2:18 am

:'( me i still use avira, and it saved me from 2 shits ^^
Back to top Go down
sebbat
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
sebbat

PostSubject: Re: Best Software for a tight win7 machine   Best Software for a tight win7 machine Icon_minitimeThu 03 Feb 2011, 2:27 am

I ve got xp, and i use avast, i used NOD32 for much time (I got a lot of shit) Now with avast im better
Back to top Go down
wehr

PostSubject: Re: Best Software for a tight win7 machine   Best Software for a tight win7 machine Icon_minitimeThu 03 Feb 2011, 3:22 am

@all, you guys have to remember i use my machines for business stuff too. i need best protection i can get.

:p

w
e
h
r
Back to top Go down
Cibbicom
Sith Adept
Sith Adept
Cibbicom

PostSubject: Re: Best Software for a tight win7 machine   Best Software for a tight win7 machine Icon_minitimeThu 03 Feb 2011, 4:38 am

Search and destroy =D best
Back to top Go down
Dark Misery

Dark Misery

PostSubject: Re: Best Software for a tight win7 machine   Best Software for a tight win7 machine Icon_minitimeThu 03 Feb 2011, 1:44 pm

Yes it depends on what you have on your computer. Most users don't really care much about the data on there computer. However if you do tax work, have certain business data, etc. on your computer then it's necessary to get a good anti-virus/spyware protection. It also depends on what websites you usually go on. Considering I constantly go to Warz sites, torrents, etc. it is crucial that I have best protection. =]

Most people actually don't get viruses. They get spyware. So I don't see why people only have anti-virus.. when there's more likely you'll get spyware on your computer. That was a problem on my moms computer. She has Vipre Anti-Virus, but she gotten spyware (diguised as fake anti-virus) that took over the system. lol. Spend an hour deleting it.. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Software for a tight win7 machine   Best Software for a tight win7 machine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Software for a tight win7 machine
Page 1 of 1