)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II

Go down 
+7
Axel
Leonardo
Xasomur
Phoenix
Vader
solid snake
Boogieman
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Boogieman
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Boogieman

Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II Empty
PostSubject: Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II   Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec 2011, 8:24 am

Alright mates I wanted to share my thoughts, ideas and feedback about Jedi Knight II.

Since the very first moment I installed Jedi Knight II on my PC it felt like magic when you grabbed your first blaster from the first Stormtrooper your encountered and killed. Facing the Reborns and the Sith Lords was amazing. To be honest, it felt I was like Luke Skywalker or Obi-Wan fighting the Sith Lords in the movies.

The multiplayer has been very addicting to alot of players since the release. All kind of clans has taken part of this atmosphere. From starting to crumbling into the forgotten. The 1.02 is the older version of the JK2 MP and since Lucasarts and Raven fixed and gave out the 1.04 update alot of people went crazy and degraded to 1.02. Besides theres something that doesn't give me the "true" Star Wars feeling when I am playing multi player.

Critics on multiplayer: Yes, It is about the kicks! A game with deadly lightsabers turning into a hi-tech matrialarts game? Ok the kicks was probably meant to be used to kick off nearby players in front of you. ( It wont work in SP ) The kicks is dealing with high damage and a few can get you killed without even turning the lightsaber on. Recently people has been keeping this "kick 'n kill" as a valuable skill that almost everyone uses in every server you visit.

Alright mates, what do you think?
Back to top Go down
solid snake
Legend
Legend
solid snake

PostSubject: Re: Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II   Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec 2011, 8:28 am

JK2 BEST!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

PostSubject: Re: Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II   Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec 2011, 8:49 am

What do you mean by "kicks" as in have no kick damage on the server?
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II   Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec 2011, 10:10 am

I feel that sometimes the multiplayer game doesnt feel like "typical" Star Wars, because of how kicks dominate the game, thats why i really liked single player for a long time, because it feels more Star Warsy. JkA has a better star wars feel about it, i actually really like that game (even though im only halfway through) the single players storylines suck a little but, but the game has a better feel. I think jk2 requires more skill, but JkA has more fun in multiplayer, especially with the addition of the being allowed two lightsabers or a double saber, having more special moves, and extra force pool/powers compared to jk2
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II   Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec 2011, 11:03 am

i feel quite the same like boogie Smile
the kicks are kind of destroying the atmosphere.
but the gameplay of jk2 with those kicks is still amazing. its just a great game, even besides being a star wars game. thats why it survived that long. its just a good game. Smile
Back to top Go down
Leonardo
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Leonardo

PostSubject: Re: Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II   Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec 2011, 12:09 pm

I wish there was more customization like in JKA
Back to top Go down
Axel
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Axel

PostSubject: Re: Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II   Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec 2011, 7:11 pm

In JKA all you have to do is drag to hit a 200. Which is stupid and everyone drags their asses off.
Back to top Go down
Boogieman
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Boogieman

PostSubject: Re: Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II   Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec 2011, 9:31 pm

Vader wrote:
What do you mean by "kicks" as in have no kick damage on the server?

I meant what if kicks didn't deal with any damage at all? Then everyone would use their lightsaber instead.
Back to top Go down
Boogieman
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Boogieman

PostSubject: Re: Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II   Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec 2011, 9:33 pm

Phoenix wrote:
I feel that sometimes the multiplayer game doesnt feel like "typical" Star Wars, because of how kicks dominate the game, thats why i really liked single player for a long time, because it feels more Star Warsy. JkA has a better star wars feel about it, i actually really like that game (even though im only halfway through) the single players storylines suck a little but, but the game has a better feel. I think jk2 requires more skill, but JkA has more fun in multiplayer, especially with the addition of the being allowed two lightsabers or a double saber, having more special moves, and extra force pool/powers compared to jk2

Yeah true on that Phoe. The movies, the maps, the weapons and the force powers is way better than in JKA than JK2 but the gaming atmosphere in JK2 is better in my opinion.

Sometimes I still play Singleplayer because it gives me a nostalgia kick.
Back to top Go down
Boogieman
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Boogieman

PostSubject: Re: Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II   Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec 2011, 9:34 pm

Xasomur wrote:
i feel quite the same like boogie Smile
the kicks are kind of destroying the atmosphere.
but the gameplay of jk2 with those kicks is still amazing. its just a great game, even besides being a star wars game. thats why it survived that long. its just a good game. Smile

Yes Xaso. But in 1.02 everyone is using the lightsaber all the time and one or two hits can guarantee a kill for you.
Back to top Go down
Boogieman
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Boogieman

PostSubject: Re: Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II   Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec 2011, 9:35 pm

Tim Skywalker wrote:
I wish there was more customization like in JKA

With alot of species to pick and customize. From a scoundrel to a soldier, from a Jedi to a Sithlord.
Back to top Go down
Boogieman
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Boogieman

PostSubject: Re: Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II   Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec 2011, 9:37 pm

Axel wrote:
In JKA all you have to do is drag to hit a 200. Which is stupid and everyone drags their asses off.

It feels realistic and more Star Warsy. Remember in the movies everyone who gets hit by a lightsaber dies or gets a arm or leg cut off.
Back to top Go down
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend
Ajunta Pall

PostSubject: Re: Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II   Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II Icon_minitimeSat 24 Dec 2011, 12:27 am

then stop playing on sol and come fod, here you'll see people sabering most of the time. kicks are 1/10 of our damages, but the nups DS which spam drain and kick, but those ones never win. Who wins ? people best at sabering. Visit us some times, that's where the real "star wars" fights happens.

Otherwise, if you don't want to play with force and then don't take risk to get kicked, then duel lol.
Back to top Go down
Igrom

Igrom

PostSubject: Re: Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II   Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II Icon_minitimeSat 24 Dec 2011, 2:10 am

NF exists for the sake of players who don't accept kicks in fights.
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II   Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II Icon_minitimeSat 24 Dec 2011, 2:27 am

boogie, what about making 1 post instead of 5? ^^
Back to top Go down
Leonardo
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Leonardo

PostSubject: Re: Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II   Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II Icon_minitimeSat 24 Dec 2011, 5:33 am

Axel loves his drags ^^
Back to top Go down
Nibler

Nibler

PostSubject: Re: Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II   Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II Icon_minitimeSat 24 Dec 2011, 6:26 am

Igrom wrote:
NF exists for the sake of players who don't accept kicks in fights.

NF players still use kick. What they refuse to accept is force powers. In other words they take what makes star wars-- star wars out of the game.
Back to top Go down
Boogieman
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Boogieman

PostSubject: Re: Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II   Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II Icon_minitimeSat 24 Dec 2011, 7:10 am

Xasomur wrote:

I quoted them and why not?
Back to top Go down
Boogieman
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Boogieman

PostSubject: Re: Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II   Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II Icon_minitimeSat 24 Dec 2011, 7:12 am

Ajunta Pall wrote:
then stop playing on sol and come fod, here you'll see people sabering most of the time. kicks are 1/10 of our damages, but the nups DS which spam drain and kick, but those ones never win. Who wins ? people best at sabering. Visit us some times, that's where the real "star wars" fights happens.

Otherwise, if you don't want to play with force and then don't take risk to get kicked, then duel lol.

It's the same thing there. I used to be a FOD and play in their server over a year.
Back to top Go down
Axel
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Axel

PostSubject: Re: Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II   Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II Icon_minitimeSat 24 Dec 2011, 9:35 am

Tim Skywalker wrote:
Axel loves his drags ^^

I would marry them if I could Razz
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II   Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II Icon_minitimeSat 24 Dec 2011, 10:37 am

Boogieman wrote:
Xasomur wrote:

I quoted them and why not?

you can quote them in 1 post. quoting is ok. but when you make 5 posts instead of one your flooding the page. there are 5 responses of yours and we get a new page on a topic after 15 responses, and you kill 5 of those slots where you could make 1. its just that its a waste of space.
next time try the muli-quote button ^^
Back to top Go down
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

PostSubject: Re: Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II   Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II Icon_minitimeSat 24 Dec 2011, 11:15 am

Since we're talking about the multi-quote button how the hell does it work..? Cuz i've tried multiple times and i just rq'd xD
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II   Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II Icon_minitimeSat 24 Dec 2011, 11:54 am

oh... you simply click on the button for every post you want to quote and then use the reply button on the bottom or top of the page Smile (next to the "New" button)
Back to top Go down
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

PostSubject: Re: Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II   Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II Icon_minitimeSat 24 Dec 2011, 1:09 pm

Lawl..thx xaso.
Back to top Go down
Dark Misery

Dark Misery

PostSubject: Re: Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II   Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II Icon_minitimeSat 24 Dec 2011, 4:01 pm

Jk2 is like a combination of chess and timing skill. It requires strategy, tactics, creativity if you want, fast movement, multi-tasking, etc.

The sabering system is probably still the best of it's type. Although I heard Age of Conan also has something like it.

Single player does look a lot more realistic (for star wars).

Kick spam doesn't work if you know how to counter it. People who usually focus on one aspect of the game such as pk spam (buffy) or random saber slashing (Aju Cool )) will get owned by a master. It requires a combination of nearly all gaming aspects. Except yellow dfa, that move just sucks in nearly all cases.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II   Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Discussion thread about Jedi Knight II
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next