)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

A SoL youtube channel??????

Go down 
+11
groudon4616
Ops
Rex
swiftY
solid snake
Kernow Pilgrim
Lord_Draco
sebbat
Leonardo
Vader
Axel
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Axel
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Axel

A SoL youtube channel?????? Empty
PostSubject: A SoL youtube channel??????   A SoL youtube channel?????? Icon_minitimeSat 24 Dec 2011, 2:49 am

Ok people I was thinking as a few of us (me being one of them) don't enjoy JK2 anymore we bugger off to other games. So I was thinking why not make a youtube channel for the whole of SoL to post videos on to help bring the SoL spirit back for the people who don't play JK2. So because I am Impatient here is the link to the channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/SoLGamingChannel?feature=mhee
This would be the email adress to send the videos to so we can upload it: SoLgaming@hotmail.co.uk
So what do you guys think? If this is approved me and a few other (nominated and voted?) people will run the channel and people in SoL will send the video to the email address where one of us will upload it.
Back to top Go down
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

PostSubject: Re: A SoL youtube channel??????   A SoL youtube channel?????? Icon_minitimeSat 24 Dec 2011, 5:16 am

Sounds like a good idea. Smile
Back to top Go down
Leonardo
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Leonardo

PostSubject: Re: A SoL youtube channel??????   A SoL youtube channel?????? Icon_minitimeSat 24 Dec 2011, 5:28 am

I vote Axel for council. Genius idea!
Back to top Go down
sebbat
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
sebbat

PostSubject: Re: A SoL youtube channel??????   A SoL youtube channel?????? Icon_minitimeSat 24 Dec 2011, 11:30 am

I agree with this axel, but i think that would be cool that not just you could have accese to the channel, for example, if you left sol forever, or you comp get crashed, or you dont have internet anymore, how we are going upload new vids?
Back to top Go down
Lord_Draco
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Lord_Draco

PostSubject: Re: A SoL youtube channel??????   A SoL youtube channel?????? Icon_minitimeSat 24 Dec 2011, 4:39 pm

I believe there is a way to make a collab channel that multiple users can manage instead of just a single user.

I'll look into it as I like the idea and I do have tools to record game footage.

Edit: I have not found a way to make a collab channel except by sharing the password. The people who are in charge of the channel would have the password for it.
Back to top Go down
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: A SoL youtube channel??????   A SoL youtube channel?????? Icon_minitimeSat 24 Dec 2011, 6:02 pm

Nice idea Axel, yet as Draco and Seb suggest do you think you should share the pass with someone coughsebcough Razz

Unfortunately you won't here much from me in terms of this as I cannot make videos, however - Karma 4 the amazing idea ^_^
Back to top Go down
Axel
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Axel

PostSubject: Re: A SoL youtube channel??????   A SoL youtube channel?????? Icon_minitimeSat 24 Dec 2011, 6:15 pm

Axel wrote:
If this is approved me and a few other (nominated and voted?) people will run the channel and people in SoL will send the video to the email address where one of us will upload it.
Back to top Go down
solid snake
Legend
Legend
solid snake

PostSubject: Re: A SoL youtube channel??????   A SoL youtube channel?????? Icon_minitimeSat 24 Dec 2011, 9:16 pm

But wouldn't it be possible to do an account that people can use? share that password?? One account many users. Just do a SoL account? Very Happy

And i can do that if you guys want Smile
Back to top Go down
Axel
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Axel

PostSubject: Re: A SoL youtube channel??????   A SoL youtube channel?????? Icon_minitimeSun 25 Dec 2011, 4:09 am

If we let everyone use it how do we know they won't muck it up in some way? So its best that i would say seven of us run the channel.

And just to say if two people want to do a let's play of the same game they will have to decide amongst themselves, who does it.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Draco
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Lord_Draco

PostSubject: Re: A SoL youtube channel??????   A SoL youtube channel?????? Icon_minitimeSun 25 Dec 2011, 1:41 pm

Axel wrote:
If we let everyone use it how do we know they won't muck it up in some way? So its best that i would say seven of us run the channel.

I know Sebb wouldn't "Muck it up". If I were somehow eligible for this, I know I would not muck it up either. Generally, it could be given to those who already have a youtube channel of their own as well as others that would be trustworthy.

Axel wrote:
And just to say if two people want to do a let's play of the same game they will have to decide amongst themselves, who does it.

It's called Co-op.

If it's a single-player game, the person who CAN commentate wins. If both people can commentate, then you vote who plays it and they both commentate together.

Either way, commentary is what makes let's plays good. The only non-commentary stuff I watch ever is speedruns, which demand total concentration.

Back to top Go down
Axel
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Axel

PostSubject: Re: A SoL youtube channel??????   A SoL youtube channel?????? Icon_minitimeSun 25 Dec 2011, 7:29 pm

If those people want to do co-op go ahead, co-op is normally really funny when you have two crazy people, although for people from different countries you have to speak in english as the majority of people who watch youtube are the americans, you could use certain words from your own language but you would have to translate.
Back to top Go down
swiftY

swiftY

PostSubject: Re: A SoL youtube channel??????   A SoL youtube channel?????? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Dec 2011, 12:53 am

Sounds good would definatly need more then one person.

Also why do we need to post videos to an email? thats LONG we could just post it here and have a vote to upload or not.

if it wins it gets uploaded onto the SoL channel.

Back to top Go down
Rex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Rex

PostSubject: Re: A SoL youtube channel??????   A SoL youtube channel?????? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Dec 2011, 2:01 am

And how many percents must be?
50%?75% to pass?
I suggest 80% just because if we want to post a video then almost every member must want it.
Back to top Go down
Axel
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Axel

PostSubject: Re: A SoL youtube channel??????   A SoL youtube channel?????? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Dec 2011, 4:21 am

Emailing takes seconds. And voting takes a few days. For the sake of time im with emailing, but if you find a better method that is fast and effective please say.
Back to top Go down
Leonardo
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Leonardo

PostSubject: Re: A SoL youtube channel??????   A SoL youtube channel?????? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Dec 2011, 7:15 am

sunrise.of.liberty@gmail.com

Very Happy

Thats what I say!
Back to top Go down
Axel
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Axel

PostSubject: Re: A SoL youtube channel??????   A SoL youtube channel?????? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Dec 2011, 8:24 am

How in any way did that help?
Back to top Go down
Leonardo
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Leonardo

PostSubject: Re: A SoL youtube channel??????   A SoL youtube channel?????? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Dec 2011, 8:31 am

How? For starters I just gave you a new email to create. Secondly I stated my position, which that we should have an email that can be used by say 3 members and those members can use that address to update the youtube account as well as have a connection to other members. We could also hook up that email address to the SoL Facebook page so anyone could email us to find out what we are all about.

I wish all of you would try to consider my ideas instead of thinking me a moron. Really its offensive and I wish all you could say is "You need to explain that" or "What does that mean?".
Back to top Go down
swiftY

swiftY

PostSubject: Re: A SoL youtube channel??????   A SoL youtube channel?????? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Dec 2011, 9:22 am

I still say voting system is fair imo. Does it matter if it takes longer ? It gives people a chance to comment it, give advice and maybe even help edit it before its posted onto youtube. Also people can add their own commentry to a clip if it doesnt allready have with the recorders permission and i think this involves the whole clan more. DAMN this took long to type on a tablet LOL
Back to top Go down
Leonardo
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Leonardo

PostSubject: Re: A SoL youtube channel??????   A SoL youtube channel?????? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Dec 2011, 9:50 am

I love how I get negative karma when I say something intelligent.
Back to top Go down
Axel
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Axel

PostSubject: Re: A SoL youtube channel??????   A SoL youtube channel?????? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Dec 2011, 10:13 am

We already have a email if i read what you said correct. Please explain more as it was a odd move and it confuzzled me.
Back to top Go down
Leonardo
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Leonardo

PostSubject: Re: A SoL youtube channel??????   A SoL youtube channel?????? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Dec 2011, 10:21 am

Get an email we can all use. Then connect it to social networking sites like Facebook, Xfire, or Twitter. Then when someone wants to know what we are all about, they can find our email address from Facebook or Xfire and even Twitter. Its for the people that have trouble finding the forum.
Back to top Go down
swiftY

swiftY

PostSubject: Re: A SoL youtube channel??????   A SoL youtube channel?????? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Dec 2011, 11:12 am

Dont worry about Karma ive neturalized it .

thnk the idea of email is just complicating everything before its even started,

1. Record gameplay
2. Edit it to your liking
3. Post it Here
4. People vote ( 60/40) maybe (70/30)
5. It gets posted to youtube
6. SIMPLE!
Back to top Go down
Axel
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Axel

PostSubject: Re: A SoL youtube channel??????   A SoL youtube channel?????? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Dec 2011, 11:42 am

Ok. I give everyone one day to vote if they want to use a email address or post the videos on the forum to be voted. Also put if you want the videos to be posted on forum first: how many votes for video to go up, and how long should the voting take.
Back to top Go down
swiftY

swiftY

PostSubject: Re: A SoL youtube channel??????   A SoL youtube channel?????? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Dec 2011, 12:55 pm

Open a poll

Post clips to email and automatcally be put onto youtube.

Post clips to forum and vote if enough vote yes then upload to youtube.

Please can you also add a reason why you voted your choice or if you have any suggestions how it could be improved thanks.

Back to top Go down
swiftY

swiftY

PostSubject: Re: A SoL youtube channel??????   A SoL youtube channel?????? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Dec 2011, 1:01 pm

I would be voting for posting here because it gives the whole clan the oppertunity to comment and suggest how it may be improved.

Examples..

( Dont like the music choice )
( Has no commentry and a member would like to give it a go )
( Wants to edit it before its uploaded, Adding effects,Transitions etc)
( The quality could be improved and would explain how to fix. Some programs reduce the file size but also reduce the quality )

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A SoL youtube channel??????   A SoL youtube channel?????? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A SoL youtube channel??????
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next