)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

why was my topic locked?

Go down 
+6
Proballboy
Battledroidlover
DiGriZ
EpicJK2
Shotty
thejack
10 posters
AuthorMessage
thejack

why was my topic locked? Empty
PostSubject: why was my topic locked?   why was my topic locked? Icon_minitimeSat 05 Apr 2014, 6:27 pm

It wasn't even up for half a day and you lock it? Why??? What if others have input?

Oh because Proball said "This is getting out of hand." How so? Because I'm trying to appeal a clearly ridiculous ban that even Andy mentioned he thought was too much and too fast.

The sol homepage says how it's about democracy and expressing your opinion, and you just lock the topic?? Epic apparently lied when he said that Andy beat him to the sleep command, and Andy, who's of course a sol, said he disagreed with the action taken. "I personally was against the actions shotty took by banning him as I thought he was a little quick to ban him for one." Thanks Andy.

As for the 'insults' I said n a b b e r or when I got slept I said I got n a b b e r e d. Not 'insults' and not a reason to ban.

But no, you guys just make stuff up like saying I was insulting, to cover the fact that you banned me too early and too fast. Nobody told me not to reconnect. At least tell me not to reconnect if you're going to ban me for it.

"Right before he reconnected i said "Do not reconnect" and yet he did." You did not say that shotty, or you said it while I was in the process of doing it, which was too late. Why didn't you just tell me not to reconnect when I came back? Then you would have slept me normally and I would have waited it out. But no, you just straight ban.

And my previous discussion topic got locked...

To be perfectly honest, I think you guys are just power trippin'.
Back to top Go down
Shotty
Sith Adept
Sith Adept
Shotty

PostSubject: Re: why was my topic locked?   why was my topic locked? Icon_minitimeSat 05 Apr 2014, 7:35 pm

I did say "Do not reconnect.", I have picture proof, and any HC can look through the logs for proof. Please accept your ban and wait for the time to end. Making topics to just continue an argument which cannot be solved. Proball locked your topic because you were making things about to go out of hand. We get that you're upset of being banned, but making another topic doesn't solve anything. You played on our server, you have to follow it's rules or be punished. You broke the rules several times. You also said racist words, both you and Proball, but for jokes.

You avoided punishment and was banned due to it. Please wait for you ban time to end, then you are more than welcome to play again - by following the rules.
Back to top Go down
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend
EpicJK2

PostSubject: Re: why was my topic locked?   why was my topic locked? Icon_minitimeSat 05 Apr 2014, 8:00 pm

Oh, my bad, I got the name wrong of the person who slept you before I could, I didn't lie. My point was that I was going to use admin action on you also, so trying to single out Shotty to try and bring some controversy to your ban is kind of void really.

'idc if I banned'

''Epic I lamed those people before shotty even came on. Then gradually you guys gave me warnings.'

Your words. You lamed after several warnings, said you didn't care about getting banned and carried on laming people when you saw an opportunity. Admin action was used against you which you avoided so you were banned. I'd rather not keep repeating myself over and over again. The HCs can check the logs for you if you wish.
Back to top Go down
DiGriZ

DiGriZ

PostSubject: Re: why was my topic locked?   why was my topic locked? Icon_minitimeSat 05 Apr 2014, 9:30 pm

If you don't care why you created 2 topics lol?
Back to top Go down
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Battledroidlover

PostSubject: Re: why was my topic locked?   why was my topic locked? Icon_minitimeSun 06 Apr 2014, 4:23 am

Sorry Jack but it seems this ban isn't going to be lifted until the week is over, so just sit it through, it isn't very long Smile
Back to top Go down
Proballboy

Proballboy

PostSubject: Re: why was my topic locked?   why was my topic locked? Icon_minitimeSun 06 Apr 2014, 5:08 am

Jack your topic was locked because you received a ban from evading admin action and knew what the reason why you were slept/silenced. You actively asked for a ban, if troll or not you shouldn't joke around like that while laming others. It makes people aggravated and we would like to uphold our own standards with the up-most respect of our players on our server.

Our admins never want to ban someone, but when someone comes on our server being a troll and lames after several warnings even if he is a new player our admins must take action. Shotty may have shown a bit hastyness but his actions were correct in any sense.

If we have any other corrections in this ban or our ways on how to work with you we shall contact you. There is no reason to keep posting about it, we know the facts, we have looked at the logs and we will make an informed decision in the end but your actions were non the less acceptable on our servers and we expect something better from someone who just wants to play this game and in our server. Please do not continue mindless talking unless you have questions and want serious answers in this topic.
Back to top Go down
thejack

PostSubject: Re: why was my topic locked?   why was my topic locked? Icon_minitimeSun 06 Apr 2014, 5:16 am

"Please do not continue mindless talking" Mindless talking? I'm telling you guys I didn't know I couldn't reconnect, but you choose to complete IGNORE that and go with the ban. That's what I don't understand....

"You avoided punishment and was banned due to it" Shotty you have to inform me, when I'm communicating with you guys on chat and we both read it, that's when you tell me that I'm not allowed to do it. You did not let me know.

I'm not going to let this one go. If you guys wanna play hardball, so be it.
Back to top Go down
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept

PostSubject: Re: why was my topic locked?   why was my topic locked? Icon_minitimeSun 06 Apr 2014, 7:17 am

lock please  Mr.Locky Mr.Locky Mr.Locky Mr.Locky 
Back to top Go down
Proballboy

Proballboy

PostSubject: Re: why was my topic locked?   why was my topic locked? Icon_minitimeSun 06 Apr 2014, 8:29 am

Aang please don't tell people to lock topics. I was overseeing this topic and nothing happened to make me think this topic should be locked. Voice your opinions and let them be heard.

thejack wrote:
Since you refuse to be fair and have reduced yourselves to the standard of ATS tyranny, it's time for VPN.

I hoped to get a fair reply from someone with higher authority, like Xaso, to look at the details of the situation and make an informed decision, but I guess that was too much. Instead, both my topics regarding the situation got locked by a group of friends who favor each other.

What we have here, is a couple of admins, who are also friends, overlooking the specific details of the situation and simply saying that the ban was justified, when it was clearly not... but hey, who's going to question them, right??

Let me tell you. The sleep was 100% justified. The silence, not so much, since I was not insulting or anything. Then I reconnected and got banned without any warnings not to reconnect. No warnings. When I reconnected, shotty should have slept me again, and then told me not to reconnect. (See the problem?) I said I'm not letting this go. You know why? Because you guys pretend to be better than ATS was, but the truth is, you're just as abusive.

If you want to be professional administrators, you have to warn multiple times, make sure the warning gets heard. Like I said, if I knew, I would have waited out the sleep normally. Also, admins with higher authority should monitor these abusive admins and at least be fair and without bias when it comes to dealing with these situations.

The ban was clearly too much and too fast. I was not warned properly, and even Andy admitted that it was too fast. (Proball also said it may have been too hasty). But I suppose you're just gonna overlook these details as well, ignore them, and keep on with your aggressive admin actions. Somebody really needs to monitor these admins..
I've been very clear in regards to this situation, however admin stipulations seem to overpower the facts, and nobody is there to question these children admins.

I thought you guys wanted friends, not enemies.

I am sorry that this topic was locked. I hope you will accept my apology on the behalf of the clan.

If we have more information on the banning process Jack we shall inform you. Our admins are looking into what exactly happened in the logs and making an informed decision as you suggested. This will take a while till the process is over because we have our Total Tourny going on right now and other aspects going on inside the clan. We will help you in this matter as fast as we can.
Back to top Go down
Angelis

Angelis

PostSubject: Re: why was my topic locked?   why was my topic locked? Icon_minitimeSun 06 Apr 2014, 8:38 am

In all honesty, isn't it common sense when you are slept, to wait for yourself to be let back up. I don't think it is neccesary to say " do not reconnect". But that is my opinion
Back to top Go down
Zelah

Zelah

PostSubject: Re: why was my topic locked?   why was my topic locked? Icon_minitimeSun 06 Apr 2014, 9:50 am

thejack I took time to go look at the logs and you are unbanned

SoL will continue to discuss this and SoL members please make sure you do this in the members chat not here
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: why was my topic locked?   why was my topic locked? Icon_minitimeSun 06 Apr 2014, 10:01 am

Post id tempus auctoritate omnibus praestiti, potestatis autem nihilo amplius habui quam ceteri, qui mihi quoque in magistratu conlegae fuerunt.
Or for those who prefer greek (it's shorter anyway):
Ἀξιώματι πάντων διήνεγκα, ἐξουσίας δὲ οὐδέν τι πλεῖον ἔσχον τῶν συναρξάντων μοι.

I didn't post, because I wasn't there and don't have the time to attend every issue with the same effort. Sorry for that jack. I trust my conlega Zelah in this matter and support him in his judgement and actions.

I just wanna say some general words (not as general as my quote from Augustus, but for SoL's server):
If you lame someone (whoever it is) you shouldn't wonder if you get problems with the admins. If you get slept, you should lend the admin your ear, they sleep you, because they DON'T want to ban you, otherwise you would just be banned. Follow the rules, be respectful, and we all will be happy.
Our admins should strive to avoid banning at all times. In fact I think, that no-one who appears as a lamer or a bad guy for the first time should be banned. For what reason should a player in this dead game turn from good to bad within one day? Only if the player is a constant harassment a ban should be applied. Otherwise the admin can silence (which I totally support when someone misuses his ability to chat) or could distract a player from laming others by fighting him. If nothing of this helps, and it happens often enough, and a ban seems the only possibility left, the admin should make his warnings and the urgency as clear as possible. In fact, when I amsleep someone, I combine it with ampsay. That way you will sure get the attention.
I just wish ppl would be good sports, shake hands and act as civilized ppl on our server.
Back to top Go down
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept

PostSubject: Re: why was my topic locked?   why was my topic locked? Icon_minitimeFri 18 Apr 2014, 10:55 pm

thats well said xasomur!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: why was my topic locked?   why was my topic locked? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

why was my topic locked?
Page 1 of 1