)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

I must leave SoL

Go down 
+13
sebbat
The Grim Death
LiQuid
Shotty
NickdeClaw
Hektor
Spartacat
Lucifer
Xasomur
KingYodah
Vader
EpicJK2
Proballboy
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Proballboy

Proballboy

I must leave SoL Empty
PostSubject: I must leave SoL   I must leave SoL Icon_minitimeSun 05 Oct 2014, 2:45 am

I remember almost 5 years ago to the beginning of 2010 that I joined this clan after Graanularian told me to get the game and come on the server. I had some of my best times back then meeting people, playing games on the server and hanging out with all the old people. When I came back this year it reminded me of those old days meeting all these new faces, hanging out with them and playing random games on different servers and maps.

I have more private reasons for leaving that I can not share here. But as Zelah had said with his leaving topic, I will be in his new clan that we are starting. I do feel as if the clan is nothing as it was even when I came back from inactivity this year and that really makes me unhappy. It really isn't personal I just want to move on to different things.

I wish you all the best of luck in your future. I will stay on the forums to chat among the forums every now and again so don't miss me too much Razz

Good luck and farewell.
Back to top Go down
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend
EpicJK2

I must leave SoL Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must leave SoL   I must leave SoL Icon_minitimeSun 05 Oct 2014, 3:24 am

Sad Well good luck with everything mate and make sure you still stick around!
Back to top Go down
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

I must leave SoL Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must leave SoL   I must leave SoL Icon_minitimeSun 05 Oct 2014, 3:46 am

Good luck. Smile

It should be mentioned though. What will you do in that clan? How active will it be? One of the reasons why SoL isn't as active as back then, is because people are getting older. People have real life to deal with being it a job or school work. (or even both) However I'm sure activity isn't the biggest thing bothering you. Nonetheless, take AoF for example. I had joined them since they were more active then SoL, after a few months it fell apart. Due to people not showing up, and splitting off to different games, it made jk2 inactive again.

I'm not saying you shouldn't do it. But take note of the possibilities and consequences of leaving.
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

I must leave SoL Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must leave SoL   I must leave SoL Icon_minitimeSun 05 Oct 2014, 4:11 am

wtf is with all the leaving... Two prominent members leaving all of sudden.
As Vader said the activity isn't at the level it was couple of years ago because of life to deal with too. But if it isn't about the activity (which I can guess too) then I don't understand why people hold the bitterness or burden (is it proper word..? I dont know.. ) inside, let it grow and then when it becomes unbearable they say they are leaving because of reasons. We aren't family 'just because'. We are family because we help each other, we communicate, we solve things together.. If there was something wrong then why the silence..
It isn't pleasant for me to say too (just as it might have not been for Vader), but think of what your (and Zelah's) leaving can possibly cause..

Back to top Go down
Proballboy

Proballboy

I must leave SoL Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must leave SoL   I must leave SoL Icon_minitimeSun 05 Oct 2014, 4:19 am

Vader wrote:
Good luck. Smile

It should be mentioned though. What will you do in that clan? How active will it be? One of the reasons why SoL isn't as active as back then, is because people are getting older. People have real life to deal with being it a job or school work. (or even both) However I'm sure activity isn't the biggest thing bothering you. Nonetheless, take AoF for example. I had joined them since they were more active then SoL, after a few months it fell apart. Due to people not showing up, and splitting off to different games, it made jk2 inactive again.

I'm not saying you shouldn't do it. But take note of the possibilities and consequences of leaving.

I'd like to note that I am not leaving because of others not being inactive. I have been inactive a bit myself because of my job. Also I am going to be quite a big person in the clan and I will be fairly active considering my job and what time I spend on other hobbies. I enjoy hanging out with friends from SoL so I hope we can all stay close even though I am leaving. I understand the decision I am making and I know the consequences, I hope you all are okay with me leaving.

I also believe some good can come of us leaving. You may learn of your mistakes and we may learn a lot from leaving and trying to start a new life in this game. We are not bound to life to this clan and I hope good can come of this.
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

I must leave SoL Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must leave SoL   I must leave SoL Icon_minitimeSun 05 Oct 2014, 5:14 am

Proballboy wrote:
I am going to be quite a big person in the clan and I will be fairly active considering my job and what time I spend on other hobbies. I enjoy hanging out with friends from SoL so I hope we can all stay close even though I am leaving. I understand the decision I am making and I know the consequences, I hope you all are okay with me leaving.

I also believe some good can come of us leaving. You may learn of your mistakes and we may learn a lot from leaving and trying to start a new life in this game. We are not bound to life to this clan and I hope good can come of this.
I know no one is bound to anything for eternity but i gotta admit this all sounds at least confusing and maybe bit weird. Firstly you post all of sudden you are leaving from reasons, into it you say rest of SoL could learn from mistakes (what you talk about..??) and that you are going to be a big thing there...
Seriously, whats wrong??

But yes i wanna stay close with you (this is just too shocking..)
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

I must leave SoL Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must leave SoL   I must leave SoL Icon_minitimeSun 05 Oct 2014, 5:33 am

I don't get it.
first this unexplained aggressive notion, then this talk about "this clan is not what is used to be".
It makes me angry.
Back to top Go down
Lucifer
Legend
Legend
Lucifer

I must leave SoL Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must leave SoL   I must leave SoL Icon_minitimeSun 05 Oct 2014, 5:55 am

Xasomur wrote:
I don't get it.
first this unexplained aggressive notion, then this talk about "this clan is not what is used to be".
It makes me angry.

join the club xaso, i don't get it ether...
Back to top Go down
Proballboy

Proballboy

I must leave SoL Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must leave SoL   I must leave SoL Icon_minitimeSun 05 Oct 2014, 6:22 am

I would like to keep my reasons more private but one big one is doing something other than SoL. I have never been in an other community/clan/group other than SoL so that's why I am going to be one of people who are starting up this new clan with Zelah and Reaver.
Back to top Go down
Spartacat
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan
Spartacat

I must leave SoL Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must leave SoL   I must leave SoL Icon_minitimeSun 05 Oct 2014, 6:25 am

Lucifer wrote:
Xasomur wrote:
I don't get it.
It makes me angry.

join the club xaso, i don't get it ether...

I must leave SoL Feels11
Back to top Go down
Hektor

Hektor

I must leave SoL Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must leave SoL   I must leave SoL Icon_minitimeSun 05 Oct 2014, 8:32 am

HUH?

I think I am the second oldest ATS / SOL member here (after Nick) even though i rejoined it once. So I'm also asking myself "Why do I stay?" but I stay cuz of ppl who I met since I've firstly joined even though 99,9% of them dont play anymore. Ye, many things has changed but the clan still keeps its history and popularity.

But Bye Bye anyway and cya on the server Smile
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

I must leave SoL Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must leave SoL   I must leave SoL Icon_minitimeSun 05 Oct 2014, 8:34 am

Bye Pro, good luck to you.
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

I must leave SoL Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must leave SoL   I must leave SoL Icon_minitimeSun 05 Oct 2014, 8:35 am

Proballboy wrote:
You may learn of your mistakes

I wish Nick had posted. He can voice my thoughts in a less confrontative way.
So I have to stick with:
Mistake my ass.

A good friend of mine once (merely a month ago) said, in a very similar case, when Enel left without being open about his reasons:
Graa's Padawan wrote:
We can never know how to change it without the help of our own people who are in the clan. If you see something wrong tell someone.
and he also said:
a HC, FA and Council member wrote:
Don't leave

edit: I conceived this post, before Nick even on. And seeing his post, I would've written it anyway. ^^
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

I must leave SoL Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must leave SoL   I must leave SoL Icon_minitimeSun 05 Oct 2014, 8:58 am

I think that people like Zelah and Proballboy have already thought about the things that I would say if I were to protest their leaving. Hell, they've probably said the same things to other people in the past. But it takes more than just knowing those things. You have to still feel that it's worthwhile; you have to feel that the costs are worth the benefits. I suspect Zelah and Pro have a vision for a clan that attains a different final product than SoL does. There are lots of fun things clans can do that SoL can't do because of its format. On the other hand, SoL has attained a lot of things that other clans haven't because of its format.

In Pro's case specifically, he sounds disillusioned and bitter, and I think that's likely to cloud an in-depth logical conversation about the issue. But the emotional side is still important, and it seems both Pro and Zelah feel that the social element of the clan has stagnated. Overall I am a particularly semtimental and loyal person, so of course I tend to find "starting out fresh" a somewhat silly and illusory thing. But we all feel it from time to time.

If you combine the hunger to start out fresh with a vision of a unique clan structure and implementation, I think that can be very worthwhile. I hope that you all create something new and exciting in JK2, that would make me happy. But I will be sad if your clan is very similar to SoL and you still chose to leave us. Sad
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

I must leave SoL Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must leave SoL   I must leave SoL Icon_minitimeSun 05 Oct 2014, 9:03 am

Thank you Nick! My post can be ignored now. Smile
Back to top Go down
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend
EpicJK2

I must leave SoL Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must leave SoL   I must leave SoL Icon_minitimeSun 05 Oct 2014, 9:33 am

NickdeClaw wrote:

If you combine the hunger to start out fresh with a vision of a unique clan structure and implementation, I think that can be very worthwhile. I hope that you all create something new and exciting in JK2, that would make me happy. But I will be sad if your clan is very similar to SoL and you still chose to leave us. Sad

I think this sums it up nicely. Although I am sad you've both left I also wish you the best with the new clan and hope it works out how you want it to!
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

I must leave SoL Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must leave SoL   I must leave SoL Icon_minitimeSun 05 Oct 2014, 9:37 am

NickdeClaw wrote:
Well worded
Back to top Go down
Shotty
Sith Adept
Sith Adept
Shotty

I must leave SoL Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must leave SoL   I must leave SoL Icon_minitimeSun 05 Oct 2014, 10:56 am

sigh....
Back to top Go down
LiQuid

LiQuid

I must leave SoL Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must leave SoL   I must leave SoL Icon_minitimeSun 05 Oct 2014, 7:16 pm

Goodbye and take care !
Back to top Go down
The Grim Death
Sith Adept
Sith Adept
The Grim Death

I must leave SoL Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must leave SoL   I must leave SoL Icon_minitimeMon 06 Oct 2014, 8:57 am

Dangit Pro ill miss u, u were lots of fun on the servers and stuff. Sad
Back to top Go down
sebbat
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
sebbat

I must leave SoL Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must leave SoL   I must leave SoL Icon_minitimeMon 06 Oct 2014, 3:30 pm

Farewell proballboy, i wish you good luck in your new clan! I will never forget all the fun we had in the server
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

I must leave SoL Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must leave SoL   I must leave SoL Icon_minitimeMon 06 Oct 2014, 9:32 pm

Sebbat! hey, you said you were back to stay?! I expect you on the server! Razz
Back to top Go down
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

I must leave SoL Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must leave SoL   I must leave SoL Icon_minitimeTue 07 Oct 2014, 12:29 am

Hi Sebb. Surprised
Back to top Go down
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Battledroidlover

I must leave SoL Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must leave SoL   I must leave SoL Icon_minitimeTue 07 Oct 2014, 8:52 am

Why is everyone leaving ??? o_o

Take care proball!
Back to top Go down
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

I must leave SoL Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must leave SoL   I must leave SoL Icon_minitimeSat 18 Oct 2014, 6:28 am

SEB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my dayz he posts, i feel faint with joy ^_^

Though that contradicts the seriousness of this discussion - Pro you are such an old member and been an omnipresent member on our roster since almost the first days, thank you for your contribution this year to us it has been invaluable. Good luck with your new community, I still hope to see you x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I must leave SoL Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must leave SoL   I must leave SoL Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I must leave SoL
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next