)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

I'd like one too please

Go down 
+6
Vader
Shotty
Xemnas
BlueNinja
Spartacat
Battledroidlover
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

I'd like one too please Empty
PostSubject: I'd like one too please   I'd like one too please Icon_minitimeWed 05 Nov 2014, 1:09 pm

This game is some to blame for the deterioation of this mac. When I bought it in 2008 I discovered JK2 soon after, it had its original motherboard fried in late 2011 because my addiction online was so that my computer was rarely turned off fully. Luckily it was just inside it's guarantee so I got it a new brain but over a period of a few years it has grown slow again.

That is probably because the battery expanded into uselessness during its time at sea earlier this year. The 'b', 'f', 'command' and 'fn' keys don't work. Also the diskreader is icecreamed (that's my personal censor).

I'd like a new computer - A laptop, of mac variety. I can deal with second hand, though ideally under £500.

Halp please!
Back to top Go down
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Battledroidlover

PostSubject: Re: I'd like one too please   I'd like one too please Icon_minitimeThu 06 Nov 2014, 6:46 am

Get a PC Wink
Back to top Go down
Spartacat
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan
Spartacat

PostSubject: Re: I'd like one too please   I'd like one too please Icon_minitimeThu 06 Nov 2014, 9:07 am

m8, you need a PC. Hail, MS!
Back to top Go down
BlueNinja
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
BlueNinja

PostSubject: Re: I'd like one too please   I'd like one too please Icon_minitimeThu 06 Nov 2014, 9:27 am

I used to be a devoted Mac user. I'm glad I made the switch to PC simply because games lol

Not to mention you can always swap parts in a PC out. After I thought about it, it seemed pretty shitty that Mac would make their computers impossible to modify the hardware of. However I don't know how much hardware you can modify in a laptop either
Back to top Go down
Xemnas
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Xemnas

PostSubject: Re: I'd like one too please   I'd like one too please Icon_minitimeThu 06 Nov 2014, 9:29 am

Can't help much with mac.
The newer mac versions are a complete locked system.
You can't even open them up without going to a apple store :(
Back to top Go down
Shotty
Sith Adept
Sith Adept
Shotty

PostSubject: Re: I'd like one too please   I'd like one too please Icon_minitimeThu 06 Nov 2014, 12:08 pm

Don't waste your money on another Mac, just get a PC. You can find very powerful laptops for cheap prices.

If you have somewhere to live permanently (or somewhat), i'd recommend a desktop PC. :3

I found this, it should run JK2 and other games just fine.

Mac's aren't good when it comes to gaming imo.
Back to top Go down
Xemnas
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Xemnas

PostSubject: Re: I'd like one too please   I'd like one too please Icon_minitimeThu 06 Nov 2014, 12:40 pm

Shotty wrote:
Don't waste your money on another Mac, just get a PC. You can find very powerful laptops for cheap prices.

If you have somewhere to live permanently (or somewhat), i'd recommend a desktop PC. :3

Well...I'd say its a piece of crap Very Happy
But the price is in reference to the item i guess.

Shld run jk2 pretty good but there is better stuff for the same price x.x
Back to top Go down
Spartacat
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan
Spartacat

PostSubject: Re: I'd like one too please   I'd like one too please Icon_minitimeThu 06 Nov 2014, 4:46 pm

Like I said: HAIL M.S.
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: I'd like one too please   I'd like one too please Icon_minitimeThu 06 Nov 2014, 8:19 pm

Kernow, what is your preferred budget in first place? How much you want/intend to invest?
Back to top Go down
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

PostSubject: Re: I'd like one too please   I'd like one too please Icon_minitimeFri 07 Nov 2014, 2:06 am

KernowPilgrim wrote:
I can deal with second hand, though ideally under £500.

I assume he doesn't mind a used computer? (and if so under 500) (unless he means a new one for 500 as well)
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: I'd like one too please   I'd like one too please Icon_minitimeFri 07 Nov 2014, 2:37 am

Ah, used hmm, but then the computer shouldn't be older than 2 years imo. 500 Ł is roughly 640 euro and for that you can get some decent computer (id prefer new one though).
Back to top Go down
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend
EpicJK2

PostSubject: Re: I'd like one too please   I'd like one too please Icon_minitimeFri 07 Nov 2014, 3:10 am

You can get some pretty decent laptops for £500 too. I probably wouldn't recommend Currys\PC World because their collection is pretty shit these days.
Back to top Go down
Shotty
Sith Adept
Sith Adept
Shotty

PostSubject: Re: I'd like one too please   I'd like one too please Icon_minitimeFri 07 Nov 2014, 3:22 am

Xemnas wrote:
Shotty wrote:

Well...I'd say its a piece of crap Very Happy
But the price is in reference to the item i guess.

Shld run jk2 pretty good but there is better stuff for the same price x.x
It has a powerful GPU, so it should be able to run even BF3 if he wanted to. And it has enough RAM to support multiple screens and background programs.
Back to top Go down
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: I'd like one too please   I'd like one too please Icon_minitimeFri 07 Nov 2014, 6:36 am

I don't want a gaming computer otherwise I would have bought a PC ages ^_^

The only games I'd play is JK2 and Rome Total War 2 - I know the latter is a demanding game but I can deal with lower graphics ^_^

Thanks for the suggestions
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: I'd like one too please   I'd like one too please Icon_minitimeFri 07 Nov 2014, 10:37 am

Take a look at these eBay listings, Kernow. They're the same model MacBook Pro from 2011, strong processors for that year. Still about 70% as strong as today's processors in a new Macbook Pro. The first one has 4GB of RAM and the second one has 8GB of RAM. Both are enough RAM, but if you wanted to spend a little extra for more RAM that's your call. If I had to make the call I probably wouldn't, since you could just buy your own RAM later for the difference if you found you wanted to. Check the details to see if one of them has something specific you want, for example the more expensive one has a newer version of Mac OSX installed (I don't know how Mac OS updates work, if they're free, etc.). Note that buying used always runs the risk of the battery not performing as well as buying a new laptop would. You can't buy a new Mac laptop for close to £500, sorry. Also note that postage is free for the first one, and £15 for the second one unless you pick it up in person in London, which they offered.

Edit: looks like the second one was already bought or canceled. If you like these kinds of options, we could possibly schedule an Xfire date and find one together so the listings don't end by the time you see my messages. Razz

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131342617155
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191403394892 (ENDED)
Back to top Go down
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: I'd like one too please   I'd like one too please Icon_minitimeFri 07 Nov 2014, 11:13 pm

Thanks a lot Nick that really gives a good idea of the type of spec I would get at £500 which is relatively a pretty low price investment for an apple product.

How can you tell the difference between the different year models?

I wasn't keen to make a purchasing move straight away but it's inevitable sooner or latter with the quality of this mac deterioating. I just wanted an idea of what I can get for that sort of investment, shame it can't be 15'' screen (what I have now) but you can't really picky I suppose for that amount.

++
Back to top Go down
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: I'd like one too please   I'd like one too please Icon_minitimeFri 21 Nov 2014, 12:37 am

I would definately get a 15 inch, not many options below £1000 for decent models. :S
Back to top Go down
BlueNinja
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
BlueNinja

PostSubject: Re: I'd like one too please   I'd like one too please Icon_minitimeFri 21 Nov 2014, 9:05 am

Mac's are expensive /:
Back to top Go down
Spartacat
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan
Spartacat

PostSubject: Re: I'd like one too please   I'd like one too please Icon_minitimeFri 21 Nov 2014, 11:59 am

ceiling cat bawt his laptop 4 0nly $400! N0t sure wat tht is in pounds tho. Be smart, kernow! Ceiling Cat bought Hp Pavilion g6! ^_^
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: I'd like one too please   I'd like one too please Icon_minitimeFri 21 Nov 2014, 10:53 pm

My budget is roughly 800-1000€ which can be under 1280$ i think. May look like alot but for that price the laptop i looked up is definitelly worth of and when i build up the cash ill buy it (at least i wish so).

I dont have experience with HP but i heard alot about them from friend who is IT guy and he often said HPs are prone to overheating so i myself wouldnt go for them (However what is your experience, cat?). My previous laptop i had 2 yrs and it was toshiba with vista and 1gb ram (now when i look on this setup again after time i gotta say thank god the monitor suffered heart attack - i.e. complete failure, so i could buy something better)
Back to top Go down
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: I'd like one too please   I'd like one too please Icon_minitimeWed 03 Dec 2014, 12:46 pm

Never saw your comment Yodah. I think your budget is in the same as to what I would wish to spend for want I want, not what I can afford xD I would want to spend about £800-£1050 but its a large commitment and a large amount of what I have - Winter Hibernation in Kernow brrrrrrrrrrrrrr Razz

ON the plus side by coincidence my old man found just a SPARE Macbook Pro OS X 15" Laptop battery. I imagine it must be my brothers....and guiltliy I heard from him recently that his Macbook Pro OS X 15" Laptop battery (07 model) died the same way as mine did - by expanding into uselessness overtime.  

I have a new battery so my computer isn't dependant socket power anymore. My bro could easily afford a new one and has just moved house. Do I tell him? :O

And to finalize my computer preference - I'll save for a new mac overtime.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'd like one too please   I'd like one too please Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'd like one too please
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide :: )>SoL<(~Free Chat :: Hardware/Software - Troubleshooting-
Jump to: