)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

All Things Anime

Go down 
+3
NickdeClaw
EpicJK2
Vader
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

All Things Anime Empty
PostSubject: All Things Anime   All Things Anime Icon_minitimeSun 28 Jun 2015, 4:01 am

I know there have been a couple topics about anime, but the majority of them have been about their music.
This topic can be for anything anime related. Can be music, manga, thoughts on different anime (no spoilers), anime recommendations (or vice versa), etc.

About 2 weeks ago, I checked my PM mailbox and was sad to see a certain PM gone missing. It was a list of anime recommended from Axel, which he sent like 2 maybe even 3 years ago. lol

I'm still fairly new to anime, (as I stated above, maybe 2-3 years) and even then I haven't watched a lot of anime, so far it has been bigger animes and very few smaller animes. (by this I don't mean popularity, I mean the actual length).

Recently I've been watching anime for basically the whole day just because I've had those recent days where I'm bored out of my mind and don't really feel like doing anything.

Those recent ones, were Attack on Titan and Sword Art Online (watched the 2nd one as well).

Imo, Sword Art Online (SAO) is better, and its probably only because I'm not a huge fan of horror's (which is what Attack on Titan sort of is). At first it was really dark, but after a few episodes in you got more story and it was a little bit better. Whereas SAO has this totally different atmosphere. Honestly haven't played too many MMORPG's or even MMO's for that matter, but watching SAO was a good experience. It make's me wonder when we'll have that sort of technology (since it's going to happen, just a matter of time). SAO 2 has been pretty ok so far, however I think the first is better (at least so far), nonetheless I'm still enjoying it. (new episode tomorrow, or at least that's what I see based on the last episode release date, unless they'll have a break or something which I never checked into lol)

In terms of unexpected story line, I'd have to say SAO won that one. Some things just happen, and you just go "what".

Anyways enough babbling from me, overall they were good anime's. (Oh one more thing, I'm not sure if Attack on Titan leaves off where it does or if the manga goes further. Since I was kind of disappointed where they stopped, they could've gone further with it I think. But I'm gonna go check out the manga to see if there is more story or not.)
Back to top Go down
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend
EpicJK2

All Things Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Things Anime   All Things Anime Icon_minitimeSun 28 Jun 2015, 4:39 am

I really enjoyed both Attack on Titan and SAO. AoT had that fast paced action and a dark story and it has lots of tense moments in it. If you like that sort of thing it's great. I loved SAO. I'm a big MMO fan and they did a really good job of creating an anime based off some of the typical things you find in MMOs. I didn't even know they were doing a second season so i'll check that out!

Some shorter animes I watched which were really good are Fate\Zero (top notch one season anime), Kaze no Stigma (has a couple of annoying characters but overall it's pretty good) Legend of the Legendary Heroes (Stupid title but really deep enjoyable anime) Psycho Pass (Dark but a good watch) and Terror in Resonance (another great one series anime). There are a couple of others but can't remember their names. But yeah if you're bored and want a 15-25 episode anime to watch those are my picks.
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

All Things Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Things Anime   All Things Anime Icon_minitimeSun 28 Jun 2015, 2:22 pm

I liked both of them a lot. Attack on Titan was extremely enjoyable, but SAO Aincrad arc is my guilty pleasure and my favorite anime experience of all time so far. The second half of SAO Season 1, the ALO arc, was both disappointing and disgusting. A sudden and surprising amount of "fan service" crops up (which was fairly scarce in the Aincrad arc), and the entire plot basically becomes about Kirito saving a helpless Asuna from being raped. Terrible storyline, tasteless direction, and worst of all a disgusting use of FASCINATION with sexual violence (as if carelessly presenting the trope of sexual violence wasn't itself enough). I wish ALO never happened and I pretend it doesn't, but I lost a ton of respect for the creator(s) as a result. SAO's GGO arc in season 2 gets much better. There are 3 arcs in season 2. The first one, the GGO arc, is quite good. There are still distracting amounts of "fan service" that detract from the viewing experience, but the storyline is better and the visual aesthetics of the GGO world are great. Season 2 is really weak in the second arc when they go back to ALO and go on a long boring quest, but it gets a bit stronger with the third and final arc.

So SAO Aincrad arc is my favorite anime "experience" because it connected with me deeply. But in terms of the anime I think is "best," so far my vote has to be for Steins;Gate. It's a science fiction comedy/drama, and it's incredible. I highly recommend watching the series and the movie. There's also a VN but I haven't played it yet. I hear it's very good.
Back to top Go down
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

All Things Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Things Anime   All Things Anime Icon_minitimeSun 28 Jun 2015, 4:29 pm

Yea I agree, the second half of season 1 made me feel sad because of what had happened close to the end.
@Epic Yup, there is a second season. It's pretty good, but I still think the first season had a better feel to it.
Back to top Go down
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend
EpicJK2

All Things Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Things Anime   All Things Anime Icon_minitimeSun 28 Jun 2015, 11:01 pm

I agree with the weird turn in the story with Asuna and that random creep. Seemed really out of place and pointless given the first half of the anime. Although I did like some parts of the second MMO, like the fight with the General and the 'final boss area' and the world itself. Was just a shame they couldn't think of a better story line for it.
Back to top Go down
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

All Things Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Things Anime   All Things Anime Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2015, 2:17 am

While looking into whether SAO 2 is going up as scheduled, (which I didn't find so I guess it's going up today) I found this: http://www.roadtovr.com/oculus-showing-sword-art-online-demo-for-the-oculus-rift-at-anime-expo-breaking/
Edit: Found this as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLp3W1gbhRk

We still don't have the technology to recreate it to the same extent, but as you saw, one guy made the GUI within a few weeks. The main system (Kardinal) would also be possible, its just the movement part which is the issue (obviously the most important part is the issue). Though in time, I'm sure it'll be possible.
Back to top Go down
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

All Things Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Things Anime   All Things Anime Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2015, 1:16 am

Heh, thought I'd be patient enough for once and wait for the dubbed versions (SAO 2) to come out (since there are only 25 episodes), but I want to know the story!

@Nick Steins Gate, huh? Might have a look at it later.
Back to top Go down
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

All Things Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Things Anime   All Things Anime Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul 2015, 3:35 am

Over the past few days I finally went ahead and watched the DBZ films (why I didn't watch them right after finishing DBZ, heck if I know lol). I enjoyed them quite a bit, not sure how I'd rank them. (maybe I'll think about it and post my thoughts, and see what others think) Haven't watched Resurrection F yet, since the english dub is coming in August 4th. (of course if it was later I could probably watch it since I don't have a problem with watching it in sub, just convenient that the date is pretty close)

As far as my knowledge with DBZ it's really nowhere near the conversations I've been hearing on the server. xD I only knew bits and pieces, but at least I know a little bit more. (and even then nothing too in depth)

I'm curious what's going to happen with the new anime since after watching Battle of Gods (which I heard pretty good things about, but yet again never got around to it until now), it makes me think what they will do differently.

Anyways, that's all I got for now.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend
EpicJK2

All Things Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Things Anime   All Things Anime Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul 2015, 3:54 am

I enjoyed Battle of the Gods but was kind of sad to hear the new series is just repeating that storyline. It will probably go a different way to the film but I still wish they'd have done a brand new story.
Back to top Go down
Danek

Danek

All Things Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Things Anime   All Things Anime Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul 2015, 5:40 am

Best classic films are Bardock - Father of Goku and Broly - The Legendary Super Saiyan imo
Back to top Go down
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend
EpicJK2

All Things Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Things Anime   All Things Anime Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul 2015, 5:57 am

The Broly film was awesome. Shame he isn't canon, such a cool character.
Back to top Go down
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

All Things Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Things Anime   All Things Anime Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul 2015, 6:01 am

Yea those were good. Though it got a bit annoying with how many times Broly came back. xD
Back to top Go down
Raincerous
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept
Raincerous

All Things Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Things Anime   All Things Anime Icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2015, 10:39 am

Anybody watched the anime Monster? I subjectively found that quite interesting, philosophical anime.

THEY ACTUALLY HAVE NOSES!
Back to top Go down
Hektor

Hektor

All Things Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Things Anime   All Things Anime Icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2015, 10:48 am

I've watched.. not bad Razz
Back to top Go down
GavinGaile

GavinGaile

All Things Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Things Anime   All Things Anime Icon_minitimeThu 24 Sep 2015, 11:46 pm

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Death Note yet. I recently started watching this anime with Ferret, and even though I was sceptical at first (you mean there are no over the top swordfights?) I really like this one. Actually, it's my number two favorite anime out there (Yu-Gi-Oh! being the first. And I'm talking about season zero, which never aired outside of Japan. There are almost no card-games in season zero. It's actually very cool).

Also, Bleach? Though, of course, Bleach didn't have as much surprises in its storyline. It's more like the writers went like, "Oh, I hadn't thought of that before, but let's write that in, somehow!"
Back to top Go down
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

All Things Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Things Anime   All Things Anime Icon_minitimeFri 25 Sep 2015, 12:44 am

Yea I enjoyed Death Note. Same with Bleach, wish they finally continued the anime though.
Back to top Go down
GavinGaile

GavinGaile

All Things Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Things Anime   All Things Anime Icon_minitimeWed 30 Sep 2015, 12:44 am

I've heard that Bleach will return this winter, not sure though.
Back to top Go down
Hektor

Hektor

All Things Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Things Anime   All Things Anime Icon_minitimeWed 30 Sep 2015, 1:45 am

I dont think so :'(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

All Things Anime Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Things Anime   All Things Anime Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All Things Anime
Page 1 of 1