)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

Total Tournament?

Go down 
+2
Hektor
Light
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Light
Legend
Legend
Light

Total Tournament? Empty
PostSubject: Total Tournament?   Total Tournament? Icon_minitimeThu 10 Sep 2015, 5:26 pm

Hey guys, I know we still have time to think about it, but I was wondering if now that we have active people on the server, maybe we could think of doing the Total Tournament again. I know that there is a possibility that the number of people who plays now could decrease by that time, but at least I want to know what you guys think. For me Epic's tournys on sundays are the best (mostly because I love way more nf than ff and also because we have the chance to fight people from different clans, communities and servers), but personally I would like also to have again a tourny where all SoLs fight each other in both nf and ff Razz
Back to top Go down
Hektor

Hektor

Total Tournament? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Total Tournament?   Total Tournament? Icon_minitimeThu 10 Sep 2015, 6:15 pm

They won't make it because I am "active" because I don't see another reason why not make it. Plus there are Epic's tourmanets so: "why the hell should we bother with this?" Oh I know! There is FF and FFA in TT ;o
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

Total Tournament? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Total Tournament?   Total Tournament? Icon_minitimeThu 10 Sep 2015, 7:30 pm

I dunno, I gave up organising TT long time ago since no one gave a damn. Then we had Xaulos which I liked - We either might try again or similar thing or just duel who you run into xD

(There is not FFA in TT Surprised, only in case of tiebreaker for final place and even that happened like once)
Back to top Go down
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend
EpicJK2

Total Tournament? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Total Tournament?   Total Tournament? Icon_minitimeThu 10 Sep 2015, 9:08 pm

After using challonge.com for so long now I decided to check to see if it had a setup similar to our TT's. Does this look about right?

SoL TT Test

As you can see it's got the groups (which can be randomized). Which has the data like win\loss and points scored and then it has a final stage. These can all be configured. The sets thing was just something i enabled, not sure if it's what we want. But using challonge might make running the TT a LOT easier than doing it through HTML.

If people were happy for me to use challonge for it, I wouldn't mind organizing it all.
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

Total Tournament? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Total Tournament?   Total Tournament? Icon_minitimeThu 10 Sep 2015, 9:24 pm

That is all nice but it is about the actual interest into TT.. it would be ironic if challonge made people be interested into TT
Back to top Go down
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend
EpicJK2

Total Tournament? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Total Tournament?   Total Tournament? Icon_minitimeThu 10 Sep 2015, 10:51 pm

Ok so I simulated a total tournament, just putting random scores in. Here is the breakdown.

Group Stage

Final Stage

Standings

So it records the Win\Loss\Tie scores for the groups and the points scored for that round. You can choose to let people progress to the next round by Matches won, Points or Sets won. It doesn't record number of actual fights Won\Lost so that's probably a downside for the stat lovers, but I think it's still a neat way of organizing it.
Back to top Go down
Hektor

Hektor

Total Tournament? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Total Tournament?   Total Tournament? Icon_minitimeThu 10 Sep 2015, 11:56 pm

That would be nice.. Smile It's easy and clear
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

Total Tournament? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Total Tournament?   Total Tournament? Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2015, 12:11 am

It was clear when I was doing it too D:, but this would spare all the html around which is big plus

Regarding TT, it is 3 weeks till October, hence question arises if there is actually enough (at least 6-8 people Id say) interest (because no need to remind how especially the last one went, Oct 2014 was somehow saved sort of) in starting October 2015 TT at all. So thoughts about Oct 2015?
Back to top Go down
Hektor

Hektor

Total Tournament? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Total Tournament?   Total Tournament? Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2015, 12:36 am

Well, It'd be nice to make it now because of current activity.
Back to top Go down
Danek

Danek

Total Tournament? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Total Tournament?   Total Tournament? Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2015, 1:50 am

Allow special Ex-Sols into the tournament pls thx
Back to top Go down
Hektor

Hektor

Total Tournament? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Total Tournament?   Total Tournament? Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2015, 1:52 am

+1
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

Total Tournament? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Total Tournament?   Total Tournament? Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2015, 4:04 am

Why not! Maybe this TT will be better
Back to top Go down
Light
Legend
Legend
Light

Total Tournament? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Total Tournament?   Total Tournament? Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2015, 6:22 am

Epic wrote:
If people were happy for me to use challonge for it, I wouldn't mind organizing it all.

That would be great!!

Hektor wrote:
That would be nice.. Smile It's easy and clear

Yod wrote:
this would spare all the html around which is big plus

I agree with both

Hektor wrote:
Well, It'd be nice to make it now because of current activity.

Danek wrote:
Allow special Ex-Sols into the tournament pls thx

Yeah I thought about the same things, but first we should hear if the other members agree to do this and make flexible the rules of the TT regarding the idea of changing the date from October to September and including the Ex-Sols at least for this time. I personally like both of the ideas and I think everyone else will coincide.
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

Total Tournament? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Total Tournament?   Total Tournament? Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2015, 7:45 am

@ epic, the challonge thingy looks awesome :>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Total Tournament? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Total Tournament?   Total Tournament? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Total Tournament?
Page 1 of 1