)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

Trouble running the game!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Battledroidlover

Trouble running the game! Empty
PostSubject: Trouble running the game!   Trouble running the game! Icon_minitimeFri 24 Feb 2023, 7:23 am

Hello one and all, yes it is I. Been a while right fellas?

Been wanting to play JK2 again and pop into MP to say hello too, but I'm on a new laptop, Windows 10 - and having some issues. Game won't run! Immediately crashes on startup.

I've done some research and people recommend downloading an opengl file and slotting it into your gamedata. Tried that and the console responds with "GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem"

Any help? Crazy seeing the forum hasn't changed a bit Laughing
Back to top Go down
Flendo
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept
Flendo

PostSubject: Re: Trouble running the game!   Trouble running the game! Icon_minitimeSat 25 Feb 2023, 2:35 am

Hello!

Obviously something is wrong with opengl file, Try reinstalling the game. Maybe an windows update is required?
And I recommend you to install jk2mv and use it as main MP launcher: https://jk2mv.org/
Back to top Go down
Light
Legend
Legend
Light

PostSubject: Re: Trouble running the game!   Trouble running the game! Icon_minitimeMon 27 Feb 2023, 2:23 pm

Hey BDL!

I bought the game on Steam and I had the same problem, which as far as I researched, seems to be related to computer users who have Intel Core processors. The opengl file you are talking about did help me for running the game on SP, but not for MP. After trying a lot of solutions from Steam forums and elsewhere, the only thing that worked in my case was to follow these steps:

Start -> Settings (Control Panel) -> System-> About -> Advanced System Settings (in the list on the right) -> [Advanced Options Tab] Settings in Perfomance section -> Data Execution Prevention Tab -> Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select -> Add "jk2mp.exe" -> Apply -> OK

I have Windows 10 like you, so the instructions should work with you as well, but if not (or if I mistranslated something), then just search how to access to Data Execution Prevention in a way it's display on your own PC.

Hope that works for you too or anybody else with this issue.

Peace out  Trouble running the game! 1f44b
Back to top Go down
Danek

Danek

PostSubject: Re: Trouble running the game!   Trouble running the game! Icon_minitimeMon 06 Mar 2023, 5:29 am

Holy shit BDL! It's been a very long time mate!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trouble running the game!   Trouble running the game! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trouble running the game!
Page 1 of 1