)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

Strafe jump training!

Go down 
+5
BlueNinja
mereel
Rachel
TheReferee///
Grimmjow
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Grimmjow

Grimmjow

Strafe jump training! Empty
PostSubject: Strafe jump training!   Strafe jump training! Icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2010, 3:06 am

Well i noticed how many of u lag at moving fast specialy when we ctf and many of u probaly dunno how to strafe right.
There's serval ways to strafe jump at but the most basic and also a good one is this. Here's 2 movies. Plus a Strafe jump theory how to do and how to move mouse right to gain most speed as possible.

Here's the first movie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6PP5VPI37E&feature=related

Here's the second movie and the strafe jump theory document.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVzA8dKzPUk&feature=related
http://www.funender.com/quake/articles/strafing_theory.html

I think u guys should analyze this good even it's the movies are based on jk3 it's the same point in strafing there's no diffrent.
Anyway i hope this can he helpfull for many of u and help u getting better at strafing Smile
Back to top Go down
TheReferee///

TheReferee///

PostSubject: Re: Strafe jump training!   Strafe jump training! Icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2010, 3:47 am

bhoping doesnt work in this game only single strafe jumps work really
bhop=strafe jumping/bunnyhoping
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Strafe jump training!   Strafe jump training! Icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2010, 3:55 am

I have the map from the video if anyone wants it Smile xfire: rachyxx
Back to top Go down
mereel
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
mereel

PostSubject: Re: Strafe jump training!   Strafe jump training! Icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2010, 4:01 am

Yeah I noticed the same thing Grimm. Everyone is lard butts compared to you and me. ^^'

Except Nick, plz don't kill me D:

Also I got a few maps to help with strafe if anyone wants them.
Back to top Go down
Grimmjow

Grimmjow

PostSubject: Re: Strafe jump training!   Strafe jump training! Icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2010, 6:52 am

TheReferee/// wrote:
bhoping doesnt work in this game only single strafe jumps work really
bhop=strafe jumping/bunnyhoping
they refer to strafe jumping in the most of the article, bunnyhop and strafe jumping aint that much diffrent! :p

[quote=Rachel]I have the map from the video if anyone wants it Smile xfire: rachyxx[/quote]
Ya i also got it but. It would be best if people started training there strafe at blue strafe pads at expedition map and when they get better move up to green, yellow, orange, red etc.
Back to top Go down
BlueNinja
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
BlueNinja

PostSubject: Re: Strafe jump training!   Strafe jump training! Icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2010, 12:39 pm

The hanger is absolutely PERFECT for practicing strafe jumping.
Back to top Go down
mereel
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
mereel

PostSubject: Re: Strafe jump training!   Strafe jump training! Icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2010, 1:09 pm

BlueNinja wrote:
The hanger is absolutely PERFECT for practicing strafe jumping.

WRONG! Bespin is!
Back to top Go down
TheReferee///

TheReferee///

PostSubject: Re: Strafe jump training!   Strafe jump training! Icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2010, 1:11 pm

mind showing me how then?
Back to top Go down
mereel
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
mereel

PostSubject: Re: Strafe jump training!   Strafe jump training! Icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2010, 1:21 pm

Just strafe everywhere. Street is good for open area, and everywhere else gets you use to strafing with a low roof. (Also good place to practice running)
Back to top Go down
Grimmjow

Grimmjow

PostSubject: Re: Strafe jump training!   Strafe jump training! Icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2010, 6:28 pm

TheReferee/// wrote:
mind showing me how then?
Sure wouldn't take me long to show u how to Razz

Mereel wrote:
Just strafe everywhere. Street is good for open area, and everywhere else gets you use to strafing with a low roof. (Also good place to practice running)

Youp ffa_bespin, ctf_bespin are good for strafing. It's too easy to strafe jump in hangar u don't get any experience of it beacuse the area is too huge and no obstacles really u have to get around which means it doesn't give u nearly so much as it does strafing in ffa_bespin.
Back to top Go down
tweetie

tweetie

PostSubject: Re: Strafe jump training!   Strafe jump training! Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 2:06 am

O
Back to top Go down
TheReferee///

TheReferee///

PostSubject: Re: Strafe jump training!   Strafe jump training! Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 5:01 am

gravity and speed of the server?
does it have to be diff gravity or speed?
just asking because in css the gravity is set diff..........=ezer
Back to top Go down
Grimmjow

Grimmjow

PostSubject: Re: Strafe jump training!   Strafe jump training! Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 8:25 am

TheReferee/// wrote:
gravity and speed of the server?
does it have to be diff gravity or speed?
just asking because in css the gravity is set diff..........=ezer
in jk2 no.. there u don't need to have gravity or speed on for strafejumping / bunny hopping.
Back to top Go down
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Strafe jump training!   Strafe jump training! Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 9:24 am

Nick showed me the perfect strafe jump for pro test -

It's basically in the streets - If u look at the whole street lengthways, and your on one of the platforms (ie. Standing between the pillars below office) you have to jump off and make it to the other platform (below tower) in 5 jumps, WITHOUT force.

A more easy demonstration (which is a simple strafe turn) is jumping in the temple, from one end platform to the other, without touching the ground between.

Expedition has a good strafe jump area, whether it can be done without speed I don't know. :S
Back to top Go down
mereel
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
mereel

PostSubject: Re: Strafe jump training!   Strafe jump training! Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 10:02 am

Yeah you are suppose to do the Strafe pads on Expedition without speed. =_='

Also the jump Nick showed you is very good for beginners. Once people get the hang out of strafing, they do what I just said: Strafing all around bespin. But I am still currently practicing the basics. xD

Also that jump from platform to platform is CIRCLE jump, not strafe. But circle jump is the jump needed to start your strafe, to get momentum.
Back to top Go down
Grimmjow

Grimmjow

PostSubject: Re: Strafe jump training!   Strafe jump training! Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010, 11:30 pm

Kernow Pilgrim wrote:
Nick showed me the perfect strafe jump for pro test -

It's basically in the streets - If u look at the whole street lengthways, and your on one of the platforms (ie. Standing between the pillars below office) you have to jump off and make it to the other platform (below tower) in 5 jumps, WITHOUT force.

A more easy demonstration (which is a simple strafe turn) is jumping in the temple, from one end platform to the other, without touching the ground between.

Expedition has a good strafe jump area, whether it can be done without speed I don't know. :S
Yes that's one of most basic strafe jump trick people use ^^

And yes whole expedition map is made so u can do it without force beacuse the maker of it never plays with force powers. And i am at orange strafe pads myself. I have done blue, green and yellow. Beside that there's only one person there have done white strafe pads without force as far as i know and that's Evasion
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: Strafe jump training!   Strafe jump training! Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 3:16 am

Grimm thanks for posting that theory document! Taught me how to do half-beat. Very Happy
And it also showed me that I had only been taught the basics of getting started with strafe jump; now that I understand the theory more I'll be able to improve my strafe and start beating those Expedition pads.

Yeah, 5 jumps from bottom of one end to top of the other end in ffa_bespin is beginner strafe jump training. One jump no Force across the width of the streets at the office end is circle jump training. One jump (with Force) from one side of the temple in yavin_temple to the other is <em>arc jump</em> training.

You do none of it with Speed.

Expedition is the best for strafe jump training because it's significantly harder than 5 jumps in ffa_bespin. yavin_temple temple arc jump is about medium difficulty on the Expedition arc jump pads.
Back to top Go down
Grimmjow

Grimmjow

PostSubject: Re: Strafe jump training!   Strafe jump training! Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 3:18 am

NickdeClaw wrote:
Grimm thanks for posting that theory document! Taught me how to do half-beat. Very Happy
And it also showed me that I had only been taught the basics of getting started with strafe jump; now that I understand the theory more I'll be able to improve my strafe and start beating those Expedition pads.

Yeah, 5 jumps from bottom of one end to top of the other end in ffa_bespin is beginner strafe jump training. One jump no Force across the width of the streets at the office end is circle jump training. One jump (with Force) from one side of the temple in yavin_temple to the other is <em>arc jump</em> training.

You do none of it with Speed.

Expedition is the best for strafe jump training because it's significantly harder than 5 jumps in ffa_bespin. yavin_temple temple arc jump is about medium difficulty on the Expedition arc jump pads.

Exactly expedition is the best map for training it ^^
And np glad to see someone found it really usefull i posted this so all could get better at strafing and maybe start doing it in ctf/ffa too so we get SoL members up at a higher level ^^
Back to top Go down
BlueNinja
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
BlueNinja

PostSubject: Re: Strafe jump training!   Strafe jump training! Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 4:04 am

Expedition was made for jumping techniques, I recommend it the most for learning how to strafe jump. Plenty of room, too.
Back to top Go down
mereel
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
mereel

PostSubject: Re: Strafe jump training!   Strafe jump training! Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 4:38 am

What I find funny is I can do Blue and green pads at Expedition, and Nick can't, but Nick has WAY better strafe jump than I do. By alot. :p
Back to top Go down
Grimmjow

Grimmjow

PostSubject: Re: Strafe jump training!   Strafe jump training! Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 8:58 am

mereel wrote:
What I find funny is I can do Blue and green pads at Expedition, and Nick can't, but Nick has WAY better strafe jump than I do. By alot. :p

Ya it's funny i know some where i can take better at expedition too and normal strafe they are better than me :p
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: Strafe jump training!   Strafe jump training! Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 9:03 am

Well I've done blue now, just need to get consistent at it. Razz
But yeah, it's pretty silly Mereel xD
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Strafe jump training!   Strafe jump training! Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 9:55 am

I can't get expedition 1.04 to load Sad I tried /com_hunkmegs 128 and /seta com_hunkmegs 128, I even edited it in the jk2mpconfig, nothing works :/. (Hunc_alloc error)
Back to top Go down
Grimmjow

Grimmjow

PostSubject: Re: Strafe jump training!   Strafe jump training! Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 10:08 am

Rachel wrote:
I can't get expedition 1.04 to load Sad I tried /com_hunkmegs 128 and /seta com_hunkmegs 128, I even edited it in the jk2mpconfig, nothing works :/. (Hunc_alloc error)

Weird enough i also got that error when i tryed to run it at my own expect if i made at lan so there came a mp console up where i can write rcon stuff in etc. else it did crash for me too
Back to top Go down
BlueNinja
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
BlueNinja

PostSubject: Re: Strafe jump training!   Strafe jump training! Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 12:44 pm

Ugh. I don't know shit about this. lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strafe jump training!   Strafe jump training! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Strafe jump training!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next