)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

Black Ops disk - laser scratch (please help)

Go down 
+2
Axel
Spartacat
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Spartacat
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan
Spartacat

Black Ops disk - laser scratch (please help) Empty
PostSubject: Black Ops disk - laser scratch (please help)   Black Ops disk - laser scratch (please help) Icon_minitimeSat 08 Jan 2011, 7:22 am

Ok, so I was playing Black Ops on my xbox one night and my sister came in,

she and acidentally tripped (didn't fall over, nothing bad)

over my controller cord (plug and charge, ya know).

The xbox was pushed a little, about three inches...

Nothing happened at first, but later on that night when I changed games

I noticed a scratch around the disc (I thought this was odd and nothing bad, cause I had only had it for a few days)

The next day I tried playing and whenever the loading screen got to the Activision title the screen went bright white.

No, it wasn't frozen and the xbox was running smoothly

It hasn't worked since =/

I haven't saved it to my hard drive and I tried, but when it got to 40% it said the disc was scratched.

Notes:
~I don't have the reciept (that's not my fault, I usually keep mine in the game case. But my brother and I bought it together and he says he can't find it)
~We bought it from Target, with cash.
~That's about all I can think of.

What should I do?

I have this idea, what if I use another black ops disc, save that to my hard drive (I'd borrow it from a friend then give it back). Then I would just need to insert the scratched disc.

Would that work?
Back to top Go down
Axel
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Axel

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops disk - laser scratch (please help)   Black Ops disk - laser scratch (please help) Icon_minitimeSat 08 Jan 2011, 7:43 am

as the lazer has gone into the disk, the disk CANT be fixed u have to buy a new disk
Back to top Go down
solid snake
Legend
Legend
solid snake

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops disk - laser scratch (please help)   Black Ops disk - laser scratch (please help) Icon_minitimeSat 08 Jan 2011, 9:08 am

So you have saved it in to the console??? If you have can't it be copyed to another disk from there if it would work then???
Back to top Go down
Axel
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Axel

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops disk - laser scratch (please help)   Black Ops disk - laser scratch (please help) Icon_minitimeSat 08 Jan 2011, 9:09 am

there is no cure for a disk which has been knocked while xbox is on
Back to top Go down
solid snake
Legend
Legend
solid snake

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops disk - laser scratch (please help)   Black Ops disk - laser scratch (please help) Icon_minitimeSat 08 Jan 2011, 9:10 am

I'm not talking of the old disk i mean on new disk from the console if it's saved there???
Back to top Go down
Axel
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Axel

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops disk - laser scratch (please help)   Black Ops disk - laser scratch (please help) Icon_minitimeSat 08 Jan 2011, 9:12 am

all data is there even if you dont have a disk...
Back to top Go down
solid snake
Legend
Legend
solid snake

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops disk - laser scratch (please help)   Black Ops disk - laser scratch (please help) Icon_minitimeSat 08 Jan 2011, 9:14 am

So could it be copyed to diferent disk??? At ps3 my friend did it idk how but he got it from there.
Back to top Go down
Spartacat
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan
Spartacat

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops disk - laser scratch (please help)   Black Ops disk - laser scratch (please help) Icon_minitimeSat 08 Jan 2011, 10:51 am

I KNOW ITS BROKEN
But if I use another disc and save that to my harddrive

then take the BROKEN DISC and use that just to play??

With a game saved to a hard drive I thought the xbox would just need some file on the disc just to match up slightly with what is on the hard drive???

Has anyone ever copied a PC game?... You install it, copy some specific file into a blank disc then just use the blank disc when you want to play!...

I'm trying to say is my broken disc could be like that disc with just one file on it and the xbox would read it as Black ops....

Does that make sense? FYI: In case anyone is going to be literal: I WAS USING THE PC COPY THINGY AS EXAMPLE
Back to top Go down
-napalm-

-napalm-

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops disk - laser scratch (please help)   Black Ops disk - laser scratch (please help) Icon_minitimeSun 09 Jan 2011, 2:02 am

well, modify your xbox (i don't know much about it) and then add cracked games downloaded from torrent.....
with WII you do that, pretty ez and you save the 59€
also well, since Black ops is and .iso file, you can't open it
it's like the .dll or the .qvm extension when programming
you compile it in a sequence of 010101010...... and it can't be edited =P
so well, buy another game or crack ur xbox, i suggest the 2nd one... ^^
Back to top Go down
BlueNinja
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
BlueNinja

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops disk - laser scratch (please help)   Black Ops disk - laser scratch (please help) Icon_minitimeSun 09 Jan 2011, 3:05 am

Since you have a warranty on it because you just called it, look in the back of the game manual and call customer support.
Back to top Go down
Axel
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Axel

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops disk - laser scratch (please help)   Black Ops disk - laser scratch (please help) Icon_minitimeSun 09 Jan 2011, 5:33 am

using another disk and saving it to hard drive then using the broken will NOT work
Back to top Go down
Proballboy

Proballboy

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops disk - laser scratch (please help)   Black Ops disk - laser scratch (please help) Icon_minitimeSun 09 Jan 2011, 9:44 am

the best thing you could do would to take it to your nearest gamestop and see what they can do with you or try and buy a cd cleaner and clean it the best u can

to bad cat i never got to play with you and this same thing happened with my Left4Dead tuff shit
Back to top Go down
Spartacat
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan
Spartacat

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops disk - laser scratch (please help)   Black Ops disk - laser scratch (please help) Icon_minitimeSun 09 Jan 2011, 6:58 pm

@Axel are you sure? When I put the broken disc in the xbox still reads it as black ops and works until the main menu. I'm sure it will work.

@Proball There shall be a day when we play some Zombies Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Axel
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Axel

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops disk - laser scratch (please help)   Black Ops disk - laser scratch (please help) Icon_minitimeSun 09 Jan 2011, 8:06 pm

ive broken 5 disks like you have, trust me i have tried
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops disk - laser scratch (please help)   Black Ops disk - laser scratch (please help) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Ops disk - laser scratch (please help)
Page 1 of 1