)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus"

Go down 
+20
Vader
Lelouch
Kernow Pilgrim
solid snake
Rachel
Hektor
Dark Misery
Phoenix
KiraOrLight
Leonardo
GONZA
Hora
Xasomur
DoZeR~
Ajunta Pall
swiftY
mantA
Sparky
purple_kush
TriForce
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
TriForce

TriForce

Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus"   Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar 2011, 3:32 pm

First topic message reminder :

https://github.com/TriForceX/JediKnightPlus

Last edited by TriForce on Mon 17 Dec 2018, 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend
Ajunta Pall

PostSubject: Re: Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus"   Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 1:51 am

@xaso : lol you should read instead of breaking everyone's hope down lol
tr!force wrote:
8-but i guess, this mod, if we used it on a server, it would require any client to dl it too right? :S
A: the server is compatible with or without plugin, also you can force to users to download the plugin (JK_ForcePlugin 1). anyways if u dont want force to plugin, and u dont have the plugin, you can play normally, plugin is only for better things like vehicles, grapple, jetpack model, etc et but these things work without plugin correctly (but you cant see)

as you should have seen, it's perfectly possible to play without plugin, but you just won't see the things. So once people come in server, just give the link to dl so that people dl it if they want.
Back to top Go down
Hektor

Hektor

PostSubject: Re: Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus"   Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 2:55 am

Hehe... It's REALLY MUCH similar to JKA + Wink
Back to top Go down
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend
Ajunta Pall

PostSubject: Re: Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus"   Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 3:15 am

No hek. Till the fighting / gameplay is not changed, it's not jka. In jka, dmgs are totally different, you can't make same tpk, pk chain, slashs arn't as powerfull, and all the moving stuffs are different.

By adding double saber and vehicls, it's not enough to make it same, and that's fortunate, since jka fighting gameplay sux lol.
Back to top Go down
swiftY

swiftY

PostSubject: Re: Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus"   Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 3:36 am

Ive actually tested this yesterday with tri, its nice except without the plugin its very laggy.

Its great how u can switch modes (1.02,1.03,1.04) we had some fun lol
I didnt have much time to test it as it was like 4-5am. I can see the fun in the vehicles but would need a huge map about the size of experdition except outdoors.

The new moves (jka style) are nice but abit buggy i guess its because i didnt have the plugin thing.

Its a good improvement id love to see the admin commands

ALSO THE WEAPONS LMAO we slowed down the bullet speed and had some great fun wish i recorded it =(
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus"   Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 3:54 am

Surprised thx aju i didnt see that.
but the point stands: if not having downloaded it causes laggy performance, it could still be not so good for the newcomers... but that would require tests Smile
Back to top Go down
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend
Ajunta Pall

PostSubject: Re: Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus"   Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 4:02 am

then once people have joined the server, you make ads for people to go dl the plugin !!
Back to top Go down
KiraOrLight
Sith Adept
Sith Adept
KiraOrLight

PostSubject: Re: Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus"   Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 4:05 am

Put "For less lag, download the clieant at _______" in the motd. I think that this could really be good. Can't waitto run some tests.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus"   Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 4:08 am

Would this affect fps for everyone? I've seen most of this stuff on 1.02 from NT's work like anti-hack, anti-script, keyboard movement, better security so really hard to lag, his version changer and so on. The jetpacks are really cool, i've tried them on the LOL server.

How does the alternate dimension work? Can players turn it off and on for themselves whenever or does admin turn it on/off for people? Can imagine this being abused. All of it looks really good though. Smile Would this cripple fps though :/?
Back to top Go down
Hektor

Hektor

PostSubject: Re: Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus"   Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 4:14 am

Aju.. I saw only the pics and it's VERY SIMILAR TO JKA+mod.. btw i said SIMILAR! (translator) Wink
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus"   Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 4:16 am

well, when we SHOULD test it, then we'd need some help from nick at least :S
and i dont think he has the time for it. and i cant guarantee perfect performance and set up. triforce would need to help me alot
Back to top Go down
KiraOrLight
Sith Adept
Sith Adept
KiraOrLight

PostSubject: Re: Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus"   Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 4:17 am

We'd have to make a delay between switching. Otherwise we would get Alt-normal-dfa-alt. I actually got to look at all of screenshots. Grapple could be annoying, but it would be good for expedition, say. I wonder... Could you make a way for people to detach grapples from them?
Back to top Go down
mantA

mantA

PostSubject: Re: Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus"   Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 4:22 am

A mod which i had dreamed about, triforce had made it Surprised he s a god Very Happy
but maybe he can make this mod as a "newer version of jk2" like jk2 1.05 in general, so that ppl can download it as a fresh new jk2 cd to play on it. Unfortunately jk2 doesnt seem to be big and popular as in the past, isnt it?
Back to top Go down
swiftY

swiftY

PostSubject: Re: Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus"   Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 4:26 am

The Alt dim thing is activated by saying something in console. Its kinda like /amghost i think the command is but when you walk through a player in the alt dim its a tiny laggy might be due to me not having that client.

My fps was affect due to the added models and vehicles.

In jka grapple is abused like fly a kite with kicks which is practically unbreakable.

I personally dont like jetpacks in jk2 or jka lol

But im sure if this mod is applied on the server it can be modified to suit our playing style
Back to top Go down
TriForce

TriForce

PostSubject: Re: Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus"   Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 5:09 am

well im here again. ill answer more questions or comments:

Q: The mod will need to be rigorously tested,
A: I have 2 years rigorously tested, i dont want errors or bugs

Q: I just wish to know something more : what will really not be possible to have without plugin ?
A: the only thing isnt possible without plugin is view 3d models,custom pictures or custom effects (grapple model/rope ,jetpack model/effects,vehicles models,dimension effects, mini keyboard, new scoreboard, new menu, etc.)

Q: does it need the client to dl th emod first?
A: if JK_ForcePlugin is 0 no one needs the plugin to play

Q: Apparantly there is a forceclient thing to download it auto when you try to log on... ?
A: the first time when u join, is to spectator, if the server is forcing to plugin, and u dont have the plugin, u cant join to free game (i mean u will be only in spectator mode) and a meesage will appear saying "Alert! u need plugin to play here....etc", anyways if u join without plugin (maybe someone forced u to join) and, the server is forcing plugin, u will be kicked in 30 seconds with an alert message)
also u can set sv_allowdownload to 1. the download will be fast because the plugin size is only 400 KB Smile
PD: there is a problem if you enable sv_allowdownload, any pk3 file that the server uses, will be authorized for download, if you want to allow only the plugin. I created an application to solve this problem, and the player will just download the plugin (i will include the app in the mod package)

Q: Till the fighting / gameplay is not changed, it's not jka. In jka, dmgs are totally different,
A: of course i didnt changed the gameplay, only it changed when u change the server gameplay with the command /GamePlay (VERSION), i mean if u set /GamePlay 1.02 u will get all movements/damages/combos from 1.02 version. (there is only 1.02, 1.03 and 1.04 modes)

Q: ive actually tested this yesterday with tri, its nice except without the plugin its very laggy.
if not having downloaded it causes laggy performance, it could still be not so good for the newcomers
A: Is not Lag, lags mean high ping or connection problems, the "lag" u mean is a non fluid movements with somethings that require plugin to work better (ONLY jetpack,grapple,vehicles,dualblade,melee) the rest of the game will be normally. if u want get fluid movements, u need the plugin

Q: then once people have joined the server, you make ads for people to go dl the plugin !!
A: evertytime when a player join, the server will say if hes joined with / without plugin, anyways there is a command called /JK_News1 TIME, showing 5 custom news in a custom time (example, every 1 hour will tell to all server the 1st news)

Q: Would this affect fps for everyone? I've seen most of this stuff on 1.02 from NT's work like anti-hack, anti-script, keyboard movement, better security so really hard to lag
A: this doesnt affect FPS (maybe serverside vehicles because shows vehicles from server, not client, but i recommend to set JK_Vehicles to 1 because vehicles will be visible only by players with plugin, i dont recommend use serverside vehicles for play, i only made serverside vehicles because i want show a proof to players without plugin), things in plugin doesnt affect the FPS ofcourse , only things affects FPS are server Things(i mean a lot of server models,effects etc)
NT's mod is for 1.02 and the only thing same as mine is the keyboard movement detect and anti hacks. NT mod is an only anti cheat mod, dont compare with mine, i know NT,hes a bad guy and he dont believe in me,i remember when i started to coding JK2, everytime i asked him for help , he said me "is impossble" or "i dont have time for u", and look now, i got impossible things in my mod Smile

Q: How does the alternate dimension work? Can players turn it off and on for themselves whenever or does admin turn it on/off for people?
A: dimension is a player command not admin command, so we got JK_Dimension, if is set to 0 no one can change their dimension. and the alternate dimension makes u to something like noclip, no one can touch u, but isnt noclip ofcourse, u can move jump and all other things, but no one will affect u (touch,shoots,damage etc)

Q:We'd have to make a delay between switching. Grapple could be annoying, but it would be good for expedition, say. I wonder... Could you make a way for people to detach grapples from them?
A: there is an JK_AntiSpam command and is 1 second delay for client changes. anyways if u dont want use grapple just set JK_Grapple to 0. about detach grapples,there is currently an ignore command where u can ignore duel challenges, sayings or grapple from other players
Back to top Go down
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend
Ajunta Pall

PostSubject: Re: Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus"   Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 5:35 am

nice, very nice. But for our server, i think playing without the alt dim would be better. Even with the delay, people would just turn it to alt dim when they are low hp in the ffa. Like telerun.
But for all the rest, indeed, you are making a perfect mod Smile
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus"   Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 6:01 am

Xasomur wrote:
well, when we SHOULD test it, then we'd need some help from nick at least :S
and i dont think he has the time for it. and i cant guarantee perfect performance and set up. triforce would need to help me alot
Back to top Go down
swiftY

swiftY

PostSubject: Re: Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus"   Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 6:39 am

I disagree aju i think the dimentions could be used to our advantage.

Primary ( as normal )
Alt ( Admin command to send lamers )

The lamers are forced into alt dim where they can fight as they wish without effecting anybody else.

Primary ( Non Force)
Alt ( Force )

Im sure we can find many uses for the different dimentions
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus"   Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 7:05 am

This "alt dim" could be the answer to the tournies in ffa? I don't think it should be used by admins with just any lamers though, I could see a lot of problems lol
Back to top Go down
solid snake
Legend
Legend
solid snake

PostSubject: Re: Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus"   Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 7:09 am

Rachel has a point it that tourny thing. It could be good for that.
Back to top Go down
swiftY

swiftY

PostSubject: Re: Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus"   Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 7:17 am

But if the server has a few lamers we could send them all into the Alt dim where they can all fight each other without interupting other players obviously we wont abuse it and use it only when nessesary
Back to top Go down
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus"   Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 7:39 am

I just want to point out the hustlers code of conduct here; If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Neutral Just heed the warning.
Back to top Go down
swiftY

swiftY

PostSubject: Re: Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus"   Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 8:15 am

The Real Hustle haha epic show
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus"   Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 8:36 am

Jessica-Jane Clement I love you
Back to top Go down
KiraOrLight
Sith Adept
Sith Adept
KiraOrLight

PostSubject: Re: Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus"   Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 10:18 am

Just wondering: what would be the best way to test this out?
Back to top Go down
Lelouch

PostSubject: Re: Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus"   Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 11:29 am

GUYS! i was in this dudes server! hes a really nice guy! this mod is just amazing. he can switch it to 1.02 and everything. Has vehicals grapple from jka and lottssss more!! its amazing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus"   Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus" - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tr!Force Presents "Jedi Knight Plus"
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next