)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

Tiger's Hello + Wehr's point.

Go down 
+6
Ajunta Pall
Ralen
Kernow Pilgrim
Xasomur
wehr
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
wehr

Tiger's Hello + Wehr's point. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tiger's Hello + Wehr's point.   Tiger's Hello + Wehr's point. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 05 Sep 2010, 4:30 am

First topic message reminder :

Tiger you should leave Outcast, especially if Ralen is a friend. Outcast is dictator and Kyle is one of his henchman. Join SOL and you will be much happier.

w
e
h
r

PS- this is coming from person most banned ever by Outcast.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's Hello + Wehr's point.   Tiger's Hello + Wehr's point. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Sep 2010, 8:12 pm

wehr wrote:
I'm telling you scripters will not be able to script in this mod. This is what all SOL is about, is it not? I sense fear in you my friend. I did not push things this far. You wanted to see who has knowlegde of the game. Now stop talking and either put up or, you know the rest. I've been playing this game a long time and I know scripters/scripts when I see them.

w
e
h
r

PS- Xaso you will learn before this is over. Believe me you will. There is only one way for people to dig their way outta this. They must prove their skill. All those scripting against you better fear this mod.
You didn't tell me that's what it would do, you implied it and I was trying to clarify. You're being very vague about what it does. If gameplay is preserved from basejk or dcmod and it will detect scripts, I'm fine with it. But if it changes gameplay (such as one-click kicks as the documentation says), then it's not doing what you're implying it will. As I said I have no problem proving anything in a mod that is just script detection (or minor other things like emotes, gametypes, etc.), but I'm not interested in loading up a mod that's going to alter all the gameplay to something we're not used to on our server.

I think your assumption that I script is causing you to be vague and demanding. To communicate clearly to me, please specify the following:

Will it detect or prevent scripts?
Will kick mechanics for non-scripters be unaltered?
Will general non-cheating, non-scripting gameplay mechanics be preserved?

If the answers are yes, I'm up for it. If the answers are no, please elaborate.

PS - it is hard to talk to you, Wehr, because you speak with vagueness all the time. You have not explicitly stated that you suspect I script, but at times where I respect your having not explicitly stated something, you seem surprised that I did not follow through to that conclusion. I apologize if you believe I'm putting words in your mouth by saying that you are assuming I script, but it seems to be the conclusion you wish for your reader to draw. It seems that no matter what conclusions I draw from your posts, I am in a catch-22. If you are indeed saying that I script, and I am in fact not scripting, then you can imagine the irony that I see when you say that you know scripts when you see them.
Back to top Go down
Ralen

Ralen

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's Hello + Wehr's point.   Tiger's Hello + Wehr's point. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Sep 2010, 11:45 pm

actually its about tiger andddd wehr's point (which is about scripting ect) so really yeah it is on topic and aang doesnt have to read it so meh whatever.
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's Hello + Wehr's point.   Tiger's Hello + Wehr's point. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 4:22 am

i am not the best one to make a kick fight anyway: may i fight against a ks user or not. because i click so phenomenally slow ^^
but i think i could feel the difference. though i never suspected nick, because everytime he kicks me, i saw it was his push/pull timing, and not the speed of clicking, like from other ppl.

i am ready to test that mod anyway. though its not fully ok for our general purpose, as it needs the client to download it. and we want a default mod that allowed any player to connect.

but yes, nick is completely right by saying:
NickdeClaw wrote:
Xaso holds our clan dear to his heart not because he thinks we are more script-free than ATS, but because he thinks we go about dealing with the 'problem' more fairly. And to both of us, this is much more important.
i know we arent script free. (something which doesnt mean we invite scripters here, or that we want to allow it at all)
as soon as we have evidence for scripts we react.
but we rather want ppl to stop ks, than leave the clan. and even if we detect a scripter, we only disallow tournaments and polls and elections. so he can wear the tag and see the forum. but if he wants to participate again, he needs to stop scripting. if doesnt, leaving or staying makes no difference.
but what we need is the evidence. phantom gave us evidence. hek gave us evidence once too, but he said he stopped and since then we had no evidence again. but because he once scripted he is no admin or moderator now. he has no representative position because of his scripting.

i would be happy for any kind of gaining evidence. but we dont want to spend all our time on detecting scripts.
Back to top Go down
wehr

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's Hello + Wehr's point.   Tiger's Hello + Wehr's point. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 6:20 am

It will not detect scripts.
Scripts will not work in this mod.
General gameplay is preserved, as are damage lvls.
It is interesting and fun mod. Many other variables that can be controlled by cfg.

One variable which you can allow players to control is model size. In my old clan we had
much fun in this mod just messing with that feature. It was funny to see an ant grip and gk a giant.

I think someone like Xaso would appreciate playing in a fair environment.

Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's Hello + Wehr's point.   Tiger's Hello + Wehr's point. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 2:53 pm

Well it appears that you are deliberately not answering the "Will kick mechanics for non-scripters be unaltered?" question, but hopefully you can control whether or not one-click kicks are enabled or not. If so this mod should be fun. I especially like the size thing, I used to play a mod called OmniMod a lot that allowed that. What impressed me most was that JK2 maps were mostly coded so that there were few invisible walls in detailed objects, and you could actually climb into a lot of things where it looked like you could.

I'm up for giving the mod a shot simply for the purposes of tournaments, obviously we can't have it up all the time because it requires the client to download the mod. Unless another HC wants to get to work on local testing and integration without harmful downtime, I'll get to testing this after I'm done with my current project on my friend's website, which is tentatively scheduled for this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's Hello + Wehr's point.   Tiger's Hello + Wehr's point. - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tiger's Hello + Wehr's point.
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide :: History :: History :: Topic Archives-
Jump to: