)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

As those with oppinions...

Go down 
+5
BlueNinja
Kernow Pilgrim
Phoenix
Xasomur
Abrum
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Abrum

As those with oppinions... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: As those with oppinions...   As those with oppinions... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jan 2010, 5:51 am

First topic message reminder :

Hey m8s,

Simple post I want to post here, nothing too groundbraking or anything.

First of, why is ATS fighting itself? Seems to me like we're all turning into ppl that cut ourselves and let new blood into our systems, other people's blood. Basically we're acting
Emo, don't want to be too metaphorical. 2 sides of the same thing - come on ladies and gents, think for yourselves.

Perhaps a third server should be made, here both 'sides' can play. I'm guilty to you guys, of being on the old server, just how lame is that? I don't want to think for you an' give orders. I ain't got that right here. But perhaps a odd number will solve our problems.

I'll see to the server if people want it. While I've been thinking about this myself, I've made my oppinion that good leadership gives one something to aspire towards, if there is democracy in the leader's words.

Outcast has made many, many mistakes, so has Max and some others including me. I think it's time to build that 3rd server and share it, FTP and all, let's fix this once and for all.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: As those with oppinions...   As those with oppinions... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jan 2010, 9:45 am

Well I'm not sure what gave Abrum that impression, but he is of course welcome to send us mods to be uploaded. Giving out FTP is not cooperation, it's bribery. Cooperation is not compromising standards, yet reaching goals. And the Synergy section is the best place for people like Abrum to post if they want to attain cooperation; that way all parties involved have a solid record of requests and projects to be worked on.
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: As those with oppinions...   As those with oppinions... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jan 2010, 9:53 am

well... but u nick, were proposing to let it be ok that someone has hc and forum admin at the same time, as it makes things easier...
and we didnt do finally something to throgh you out of one off it...

and abrum with ftp would making things easier alot too... i dont see the difference..., only that we didnt discuss about it correlating until now...

and as u saw on that poll i made the most ats are ok with abrum with ftp, only you and mereel were refusing, (with good arguments btw. and i still agree)
but abrum is now online more again, and you can see that this division pisses him off, and it seemes to me that he just would join outcasts site, when he can do his work... and that makes outcast kind of untouchable...
i think we should think about the deal, even when it tastes bitter to me....
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: As those with oppinions...   As those with oppinions... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jan 2010, 10:07 am

I recommended that we not restrict HCs from being Forum Admins, not that we allow HCs to automatically have Forum Admin or Forum Admins to automatically have HC. And like I said, it's not required. We could restrict this. With the Synergy forum it should be much easier to attain cooperation between the various leadership positions. Abrum is a special case where we trust him to have FTP. But I don't think we should be setting precedent where being a modder implies receiving access to the server controls, it's terrible security practice. Still, I am not entirely opposed to giving Abrum FTP, it just doesn't seem appropriate or necessary is all.
Back to top Go down
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: As those with oppinions...   As those with oppinions... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jan 2010, 10:37 am

Keep in mind in doing this Abrum would have control of both servers....and don't you think Outcast would capitalise on Abrum having FTP here? Ie. It hurts me to say it but if Outcast were to politically influence Abrum then who knows what could happen.

Outcast system allows him to just hand out FTP and yes Outcast has essentially bribed the talents of Abrum with FTP control. We have to be strict to much that it hurts, i have been waiting to talk with Abrum for 3 hours now..... grrrrrr
Back to top Go down
Abrum

PostSubject: Re: As those with oppinions...   As those with oppinions... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jan 2010, 10:56 am

Okay let's forget this idea, he didn't listen, he thinks you're all rats still. So I think I've had enough, I'm rejoining you and modding again, FTP or not. Outcast is not being wise, he'll pay for this - with no activity - the kill.
Back to top Go down
mereel
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
mereel

PostSubject: Re: As those with oppinions...   As those with oppinions... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jan 2010, 11:00 am

I don't like this talk of me without me here.... xD

No Abrum offered to give me his mods and maps, but I declined. And no I am not lazy. (ok I am. Razz), but I have not seen anything that the server needed updating lately, so I have left it alone for the past 3 days. I will update the CTF and TFFA exec files, and a few map files later, but for now, I am just watching the server.

Also I can restart the server... Not just Nick.. I am hurt for people thinking I can't. D:
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: As those with oppinions...   As those with oppinions... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jan 2010, 11:42 am

Abrum wrote:
Okay let's forget this idea, he didn't listen, he thinks you're all rats still. So I think I've had enough, I'm rejoining you and modding again, FTP or not. Outcast is not being wise, he'll pay for this - with no activity - the kill.

im glad to read that!
and thats just what i told u... (when u look the first response on this topic) xD
and as i told you when the council is up we will talk about u and modding again ^^
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: As those with oppinions...   As those with oppinions... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jan 2010, 5:07 pm

Glad to hear it Abrum. Smile

<3 to Mereel. hektor can too, it's just a matter of whether we're online or not. It should be less of a problem anyway with /amrcon map disabled and Expedition off the rotation. Looking into unexpected crash auto-restart options.
Back to top Go down
Abrum

PostSubject: Re: As those with oppinions...   As those with oppinions... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jan 2010, 6:57 pm

Next person with FTP access I'll send artus_topside BETA to. MSN: Abrum.Sarsfield@Hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
Hektor

Hektor

PostSubject: Re: As those with oppinions...   As those with oppinions... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2010, 12:42 am

I already uploaded bespin_streets = /amrcon exec bespin_streets .... but it is a bit copying out's server -.-' .... without teleports yet..

@Abrum, you can always send it to me Wink i wanna see that map Smile
Back to top Go down
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend
Ajunta Pall

PostSubject: Re: As those with oppinions...   As those with oppinions... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2010, 12:49 am

No HUGH maps. Or delete sky, think a bit about peoples who have a sucky comp !
Back to top Go down
Hektor

Hektor

PostSubject: Re: As those with oppinions...   As those with oppinions... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2010, 1:20 am

There can be next version without sky Oo
Back to top Go down
Abrum

PostSubject: Re: As those with oppinions...   As those with oppinions... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2010, 4:19 am

Artus has perfect framerate on Out's server, should for ours too. Look, I need maps on Outcast's server so I can test them, Bespin_Streets and Artus_topside are the start of a pretty big ATS SP Mappack I'm working on, Kernow said I should keep Out's server with maps anyhow.
Back to top Go down
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: As those with oppinions...   As those with oppinions... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2010, 4:43 am

Abrum you can't say you abandoning Outcast when you have FTP there - lol its like declining a chocolate fudge cake during starvation.

My suggestion was that both factions have Abrum's mods, that way we have equality and no one self-indulgence. I doubt Outcast would say this.

All people who can do so please work with Abrum to upload his mods and help him realise his modding plans - get the teleports for bespin_streets please and GC wld be good as well. Thanx.
Back to top Go down
Invité

PostSubject: Re: As those with oppinions...   As those with oppinions... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2010, 7:37 am

Yay ! Sp maps are wonderfull, i've done about 100 times the solo campaign ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Abrum

PostSubject: Re: As those with oppinions...   As those with oppinions... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2010, 8:20 am

Well, I removed my maps from Outcast's server today once again. So perhaps that wont be a problem?
Back to top Go down
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: As those with oppinions...   As those with oppinions... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2010, 8:47 am

Well it will be only be time before he tries to get them back - i hope when he gets back from vacation i can talk to him, perhaps say we can share the mods if he can talk with us. However Abrum rememeber they are your mods and do with them what you want on outcasts server and if you want us to delete anything just say. HC won't use ffa_bespin so thats scrapped like we agreed. Thanks for that mate and im sure we can now gain a good position with outcast now he is losing popular appeal.
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: As those with oppinions...   As those with oppinions... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2010, 8:56 am

u wanna talk to outcast ker?
and u really thinkhe will listen to you? ^^
gl man xD
Back to top Go down
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend
Ajunta Pall

PostSubject: Re: As those with oppinions...   As those with oppinions... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2010, 9:24 am

Problem is not that he won't listen, but first that he won't accept to talk !
Back to top Go down
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: As those with oppinions...   As those with oppinions... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2010, 9:32 am

I know but i want to do all in our power and Abrum's to make this feit possible.
Back to top Go down
Abrum

PostSubject: Re: As those with oppinions...   As those with oppinions... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2010, 10:18 am

He wont get no maps until he listens Razz
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: As those with oppinions...   As those with oppinions... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2010, 7:53 pm

Abrum, why do you need to test the maps on an internet dedicated server? Can't you do everything locally?
Back to top Go down
Abrum

PostSubject: Re: As those with oppinions...   As those with oppinions... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jan 2010, 3:23 am

That's the reason that I can stop using out's server.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: As those with oppinions...   As those with oppinions... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

As those with oppinions...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide :: History :: History :: Topic Archives-
Jump to: