)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

sever crash

Go down 
+10
NickdeClaw
solid snake
swiftY
Axel
Kernow Pilgrim
Light
Phoenix
wehr
Lucifer
andy
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
andy
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
andy

sever crash - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: sever crash   sever crash - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 11:36 am

First topic message reminder :

if u don't already know the sever today kept crashing now i actualy think that rebornmaster was crashing the sever because one time as soon as he entered the game it crashed now i find that strange but now the whole sever is down i can't even connect anymore but i am frustarated right now and say the truth before the sever didn't crash intill reborn joined so i think that adims or someone should talk or at lest watch him carefully to see if it is him after all.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: sever crash   sever crash - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 11:14 am

ok screw that. i added it Very Happy
<-- pro!
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: sever crash   sever crash - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 11:17 am

So did I at the same time apparently. I also claimed it, so we're good now. Razz
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: sever crash   sever crash - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 11:54 am

great!
Back to top Go down
Blademaster

Blademaster

PostSubject: Re: sever crash   sever crash - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 4:10 pm

ye new server crashed
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: sever crash   sever crash - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 4:12 pm

Yep I was there. fly a kite fly a kite fly a kite. It was stable for 7.5 hours but now it's crashing repeatedly.
Back to top Go down
wehr

PostSubject: Re: sever crash   sever crash - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 4:53 pm

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: sever crash   sever crash - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 8:29 pm

I'm pretty convinced that the hosting company is just shitty. While they continue to give me the runaround, I have something new in the works. Euro guys should love it. USA and South America, not so much.. but we're out of options. More info soon.
Back to top Go down
swiftY

swiftY

PostSubject: Re: sever crash   sever crash - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 10:43 pm

Are we moving the server to europe?
Back to top Go down
wehr

PostSubject: Re: sever crash   sever crash - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 1:54 am

I don't know the particulars but if this is a money issue, to get with a server co. that is good, let me know. I'll make a donation. No strings attached. You could still ban me. I feel kinda indebted cuz we've all had a lot of fun on SOL.

w
e
h
r
Back to top Go down
wehr

PostSubject: Re: sever crash   sever crash - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 2:15 am

art of war central, eh. hmmm.... i saw prices. they are cheap. 178 for 12 months and you get 3 months free if you pay annually. there was another really good server co in usa, not escaped turkey. anyone remember it's name? i'll check and if you guys need to be subsidized no problemo.

w
e
h
r
Back to top Go down
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: sever crash   sever crash - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 2:21 am

We can't afford nor take the risk to pay yearly Wehr...look how much money we would've wasted if we had done the annual deposit with this server company! We wld've been screwed. But we appreciate the offer and thanks very much. Smile
Back to top Go down
wehr

PostSubject: Re: sever crash   sever crash - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 2:26 am

yea, but i can kern. it's no problemo, like i said. i'm looking into it. mammoth games was one i was thinking. looks like they no longer hosting jk2. give me a bit.....
Back to top Go down
wehr

PostSubject: Re: sever crash   sever crash - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 2:31 am

what was last serer co. you used? why did you leave it? was it maverick servers? get back to me. it's more expensive but i'll hook you up.

w
e
h
r
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: sever crash   sever crash - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 6:30 am

The first company that we used was EscapedTurkey from the period of December 2009 - early November 2010, and they were great. The concern with using their Dallas location is that we have primarily Euro players and their pings would be about 40ms higher than in New York/WDC.

The server that's crashing is from Art of War Central, and I can say with about 85% confidence that they have shitty hardware, shitty administration, and are riding out their past good name until they stop getting subscribers. They're using P4 CPUs according to the logs.

The new server will be from EscapedTurkey again, at their new Euro location. The first month is free and it's only $10/month after that, a crazy good deal. The Dallas location is $15/month, and it's ideal for USA and South American players, but a poor choice for the vast majority of the people who visit SoL.

So money is indeed a concern, but ping is certainly a limiting factor. If you are looking at new servers Wehr, it would only be worthwhile if it is in New York or Washington DC, since that's the ideal ping location. Anything else, and EscapedTurkey is bound to be a better deal with higher quality administration in either the Dallas or Germany locations, particularly because on top of the stable quality they give you 64 slots (max 32 in JK2). We probably don't need 32, but 24 would be desirable. In the future we may want 32, though. And obviously, don't buy a year's worth of service, we'd want to try it out first (like AoWC was supposed to be great but turns out they're shit), and also the community that uses the SoL server may change and desire a different server location. Annual payments are just a bit too risky with this type of situation, although it's ridiculously generous of you to offer that magnitude of assistance.
Back to top Go down
wehr

PostSubject: Re: sever crash   sever crash - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 6:54 am

well if you wanna try new york's maverick server with 24 slots it's 27 per month. i'd give you guys 150 to 200 to keep it in usa. let me know. it's like 10 seconds of my time, literally, to make it back. i've paid for server b4 and ppl never contributed. i'd be glad to help you out, since you guys seem to have ur shit together. could send you a money order by mail, or i could drop it off and pm u gps coordintates to find it if you wanna stay anonymous.

w
e
h
r
Back to top Go down
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend
Ajunta Pall

PostSubject: Re: sever crash   sever crash - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 7:09 am

what about euro server ? Very Happy i've never seen a euro server being crashed because of provider Razz
Back to top Go down
solid snake
Legend
Legend
solid snake

PostSubject: Re: sever crash   sever crash - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 7:11 am

Well i think we should try that one month free offer cos we wont lose nothing with it
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: sever crash   sever crash - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 7:24 pm

Ajunta Pall wrote:
what about euro server ? Very Happy i've never seen a euro server being crashed because of provider Razz
Just buy one from Art of War Central Razz
And what about Euro server? I already stated we would be getting one, and we do indeed have it now.

I need to focus on some school work and other things for the next couple weeks, so I'd like to revisit the issue of a USA server then. For now, let's stick with the Euro server and see how it goes, and then as the next subscription month approaches we can have another conversation about it. Sound good?

And for those who are unobservant, the new server IP address is:
Back to top Go down
Lucifer
Legend
Legend
Lucifer

PostSubject: Re: sever crash   sever crash - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 2:57 am

Great... Euro now we have the 150 ping while all the euros have 50 ping.. lolz..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sever crash   sever crash - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

sever crash
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2