)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

sol sevrer?

Go down 
+9
solid snake
sebbat
Lucifer
wehr
Phoenix
Light
mereel
Lord_Draco
purple_kush
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
purple_kush

sol sevrer? Empty
PostSubject: sol sevrer?   sol sevrer? Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2011, 1:07 pm

maybe its just hidden, but i can't see it on list. and your tffa server, is located in the 1.03 lobby. for your information.. saw it while i was playing 1.03 earlier. Version 1.03 for those that dont know what 1.03 is.. the version that is played in sol server, i version 1.04.. ok.. just curious.. cyas
Back to top Go down
Lord_Draco
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Lord_Draco

sol sevrer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: sol sevrer?   sol sevrer? Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2011, 1:10 pm

I'm currently trying to figure this out. But since I am no longer HC, all I can do is wait for input or someone who IS HC to restart the server.

It's been down for 30 minutes+ now. If I had HC, it would have been up by now if it is simply the server having gone down.
Back to top Go down
mereel
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
mereel

sol sevrer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: sol sevrer?   sol sevrer? Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2011, 1:40 pm

Ok this is ghey. Despite I can't get on JK2, it has been over an hour and there is no HC to speak of. I know Hek can't help because he is probably asleep, but Nick is always AFK or Busy, and Sebb is no-where to be found. Seriously guys, wtf....
Back to top Go down
Light
Legend
Legend
Light

sol sevrer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: sol sevrer?   sol sevrer? Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2011, 1:45 pm

I will try to contact sebb if i can ok? Smile
Back to top Go down
Lord_Draco
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Lord_Draco

sol sevrer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: sol sevrer?   sol sevrer? Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2011, 1:45 pm

*twitches in rage* It has been an hour...

A FREAKING HOUR.

Can an HC PLEASE RESTART THE SERVER? OR AT LEAST GIVE INPUT ON WHAT IS GOING ON if it cannot be restarted?

On a side note: Do I think there was a mistake in the elections for HC? Hell yes.

I could have had this resolved within 5 minutes of it going down if I were still HC!
Back to top Go down
purple_kush

sol sevrer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: sol sevrer?   sol sevrer? Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2011, 1:54 pm

draco for hc!
Back to top Go down
Lord_Draco
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Lord_Draco

sol sevrer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: sol sevrer?   sol sevrer? Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2011, 2:08 pm

If only...

I lost my HC in the recent elections. I highly doubt the HC roster will be changed until the term is up. D:

*twitches in rage some more*

This is why I was initially so upset about losing HC. In case something like this happened. At the start of term, the HCs seemed active enough to circumvent problems like this. So I resigned to the fate of not being HC and decided to just try and submit my ideas for improvements to the server to one of them, and it would be all fine and dandy.

I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! Something like this would happen with no one around. I was on earlier, getting my groove back, having a good time. Then I spent some time on the internet watching my youtube subscriptions and checking the forum when I saw the server was down. I decided to check if it was just a problem with both of the trackers, and no dice. I could not connect to the server. So, like the good samaritan I am, I posted a topic about it. And for an hour and some odd minutes now. NOTHING from the people who can actually do stuff about it/shed light on the problem.

All I can say is, I am no longer content with the HCs as they are.

Something needs to change, their activity levels, or even the roster itself.

I will only retract this iff there is a perfectly reasonable explanation as to why there has been no input from an HC.
Back to top Go down
Light
Legend
Legend
Light

sol sevrer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: sol sevrer?   sol sevrer? Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2011, 2:26 pm

Sorry guys i can´t contact anyone :/ i tried it. We will have to wait and have patience.
I don´t know you guys but this is pretty weird for me, i mean is the second time that this happened (and in consecutive days) like if boss or someone from another clan were trying to crash the server for ever Neutral
Back to top Go down
Lord_Draco
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Lord_Draco

sol sevrer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: sol sevrer?   sol sevrer? Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2011, 2:31 pm

I don't know. But I would assume if an HC was at work dealing with the server problems, we would have at least gotten some input that there was something wrong with the server or that it was down for maintainance. The fact is none of the HCs have even posted anything on the matter.

And light, no problem. I would like not to have to wait, but I will be patient.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Phoenix

sol sevrer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: sol sevrer?   sol sevrer? Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2011, 3:30 pm

Hektor will be in bed, Nick is pretty inactive, so sebbat will be our best bet, but god knows where he is though. Draco keep calm mate, maybe you should have been HC, but raging wont help buddy. Pahaps in the future we should consider having one or two more HC because things like this give everybody a headache.

We will probably have to wait quite a while, having only 3 HC means we have to place blind faith in that one of them will turn up soon. Problem is that having HC is 3 very different time zones means that 1 or even 2 HC at that time will probably be asleep.

Last edited by Phoenix on Thu 27 Jan 2011, 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wehr

sol sevrer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: sol sevrer?   sol sevrer? Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2011, 3:33 pm

sucks, i wasn't go to be in server tonight. doing research for work. but sucks it's down. cmon sebby.... where are u???

w
e
h
r
Back to top Go down
Lord_Draco
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Lord_Draco

sol sevrer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: sol sevrer?   sol sevrer? Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2011, 3:35 pm

Phoenix wrote:
Hektor will be in bed, Nick is quite inactive, so sebbat will be our best bet, but god knows where he is though. Draco keep calm mate, maybe you should have been HC, but raging wont help buddy. Pahaps in the future we should consider having one or two more HC because things like this give everybody a headache.

It's hard to keep calm when the freaking server is down for what is now 3 hours.
Back to top Go down
Lucifer
Legend
Legend
Lucifer

sol sevrer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: sol sevrer?   sol sevrer? Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2011, 3:38 pm

too bad DC cant also have this power, but i guess it's understandable :/
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Phoenix

sol sevrer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: sol sevrer?   sol sevrer? Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2011, 3:43 pm

To be fair Nick did give us very fair warning that he was going to be largely inactive and that people should consider other candiates, so really people should have taken more note of what he was saying before voting for him. He is very busy IRL and obviously JK2 is not important. Real life takes over.

To be honest, its not only HC where the problem lies (obviously in case of the server being down it is) ive seen a dramatic downturn is Member/admins activity across the board during January.

I havent seen over half our members since the turn of 2011, being inactive isnt a problem, its part of life, but not giving notifaction of inactivity is a problem because many people are just not reporting that they AFK and we end up having poor turnouts on forum and server and wondering why.

12 votes in a council election poll in what...6 days? Maybe even more. That is absolutely abysmal, ive never seen such a poor showing. Members need to get it together. SERIOUSLY Neutral

Where is Rachel? Where is Swifty? Where is BDL? Axel? Ferret? Assassin? Shuriken? Lusant, and so many other members we have. I havent seen thes guys in ages! None of them have given any notice about periods of inactivity! Neutral

On the plus side, Vort was on server today Smile
Back to top Go down
Lord_Draco
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Lord_Draco

sol sevrer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: sol sevrer?   sol sevrer? Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2011, 4:06 pm

Right now though, all I am asking for is a little input from an HC. It has not happened. I realize that there are more people inactive than the HCs but the HCs are the only ones who can provide any input or resolving the matter at hand.

Sure, a DC or someone with experience as an HC could provide insight on the matter, but as long as no one that is around has access to the HC control panel, there is no way we can get any real info on the situation. Like if it is something a restart can fix or what not.

Sure, I wonder where all the others are. But right now, all that matters to me is that the server get back up and running. Without the server running, we have no way to enforce our ideals and philosophy on an in-game level.

I think the lack of council election voters is terrible as well.

Edits: Sebbat got on xfire and he got the server running Very Happy *does a celebratory dance*

Last edited by Lord_Draco on Thu 27 Jan 2011, 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Phoenix

sol sevrer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: sol sevrer?   sol sevrer? Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2011, 4:13 pm

Lord_Draco wrote:
Without the server running, we have no way to enforce our ideals and philosophy on an in-game level.

It doesnt even have to be as deep as that, its just the fact that we cant play jk2, nor look like we are coming close to doing so. In 4 hours, imagine how many people will have come onto JK2 looking for our server and gone to different one because ours isnt there. So not only are or members and other players bored of waiting to play, but we are also losing users, potential recruits, and popularity to boot.

After seeing this tonight, i feel something needs to change.

Lord_Draco wrote:
I think the lack of council election voters is terrible as well.

Indeed, im very unhappy about it, its the worst ive ever seen Neutral

Back to top Go down
sebbat
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
sebbat

sol sevrer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: sol sevrer?   sol sevrer? Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2011, 5:03 pm

I try to be active, today it was an special occation and i was out, so i couldnt do this :/
Back to top Go down
solid snake
Legend
Legend
solid snake

sol sevrer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: sol sevrer?   sol sevrer? Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2011, 5:44 pm

Ye hek was sleeping at that time.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Phoenix

sol sevrer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: sol sevrer?   sol sevrer? Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2011, 5:55 pm

Its no problem Sebbat, its not your fault, you have a life to live. You can't be expected to drop everything and run home to a game.

Its the fact that we have a lack of a backup thats causing the problems.

Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

sol sevrer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: sol sevrer?   sol sevrer? Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2011, 8:10 pm

I was completely available. Draco or Mereel could have contacted me via Ventrilo, and Mereel could have also contacted me via Xfire. When I am on my computer, I am always on Xfire and Ventrilo. I don't check the forum every 30 minutes, and expecting to get someone to restart the server via the forums is an absurd idea; it requires that they check it, and checking a gaming forum a ton of times per day is a waste of your life. If something is time-sensitive, contact me via Xfire and state your problem. Sometimes I'm very busy and I have to choose to ignore people's requests over Xfire if it doesn't seem important, but if it's important like the server's down I'll respond if I'm at my keyboard, which I usually am.

We only need more HCs if they are frequently not available when there is an immediate need for them. I was available, but no one took the initiative to contact me.

My Xfire name is NickdeClaw.
Back to top Go down
mereel
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
mereel

sol sevrer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: sol sevrer?   sol sevrer? Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2011, 8:30 pm

Last I looked Nick, your status was AFK, which tends to mean Away From Keyboard. Wink
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

sol sevrer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: sol sevrer?   sol sevrer? Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2011, 8:34 pm

There's no harm in trying. I was AFK from about 10:35pm to 12:20am EST because I was on the phone, but other than that I was not AFK, so I was plenty available to bring the server back up after this thread was started. Actually for most of that phone call I was at my keyboard too and would have seen a message. Don't trust Xfire status, it is persistent sometimes when it should not be. I am rarely AFK, I just don't always respond to you Mereel because I'm in a cooperative game where people are depending on me, and it just sounds like you want to talk rather than you need me to perform one of my duties.

Seriously, if it's important, contact me via Xfire. If I'm on Xfire, I'm almost always available.

Edit: I just realized Draco is on my Xfire list too. You silly boys...
Back to top Go down
mereel
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
mereel

sol sevrer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: sol sevrer?   sol sevrer? Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2011, 8:39 pm

Well, normally I don't get a response, which I know you just explain, so it gives me this feeling that when you are AFK you mean it. So I just went by past experience and didn't send you a message. And I disagree with that usage of AFK, because it bothers that shit out of me when people try to message me when I am away because that don't get the meaning of "I am not at my keyboard, leave me the fawk alone." It is my fault for thinking Draco tried to contact you, or not trying to message you, but as I said I knew from past experience you don't normally respond, so I didn't try.

And you sux, I want to hang out again! Draco, you, and I like months back! D:
Back to top Go down
Lord_Draco
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Lord_Draco

sol sevrer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: sol sevrer?   sol sevrer? Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2011, 8:42 pm

It's not like I knew you were available. I was talking to Mereel about the server being down too, and he didn't suggest contacting you either. After all Nick, your status was on AFK most of the time if not all of it. I have you on xfire too, you know.

I don't bother someone unless I know they are there/won't rip my head off. I typically believe that when an AFK status is up, that the person is 100% not there unless they let me know otherwise. I actually did not know you were there.

NickDeClaw wrote:
expecting to get someone to restart the server via the forums is an absurd idea; it requires that they check it, and checking a gaming forum a ton of times per day is a waste of your life

It isn't if you check the portal periodically. I typically use the portal to keep up on recent topics and only thouroughly check the forums once or twice a day.

Either way, I would ask that you check the portal every so often and if you see a topic about something like the server going down or something in there, that you could at least look at those. In return, I will pester you about such matters on xfire even if you are afk. Sound good? Because I believe we need to step up our communication in case these kinds of things occur.

Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

sol sevrer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: sol sevrer?   sol sevrer? Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2011, 8:46 pm

I don't ever set my status in Xfire. Sometimes it says I'm AFK when I'm not. I think it has to do with certain applications capturing my mouse for windowed mode.

If you just want to chat with me if I'm on Xfire and I'm not responding, just get in vent. It's usually not that I don't want to talk, it's that I'm busy and can't type because whatever I'm doing requires typing to accomplish it.

Draco, I do check the Portal, the frequency just varies. HC doesn't <em>need</em> to check the portal every hour or even every 4 hours. I check it about once a day to look at new topics, particularly to see if there's a new Synergy thread that applies to me. But I have a lot of other things that take up my time and going to the forums is bad for my health. It takes a lot of time, I get sucked into conversations that often end up irritating me, and it's typically just not enjoyable. I stay away from the forum for my own sanity. I make myself so available on Xfire so that I don't have to do that; if the server goes down, it only matters if people can't play, and if people notice that they can't play, they have the knowledge to inform me that the server's down. Communication!

Again, message me on Xfire if it's important. I don't know what Xfire does with its status, but I am almost never AFK, and I never set my own status in Xfire. I'm on my computer all the time.

Edit: By the way, if you guys think I'm not active enough and/or am not fulfilling my duties, I'm willing to resign my position and just be the server host, which would still allow me to effect HC duties when I'm available while allowing a new HC without changing our rules, although this has implications for my being a Server Admin representative on the Council. I also can't say I'd put as much effort into HC work if it weren't an official position of mine, though. (Not that that matters if you don't think I'm fulfilling my duties as it is, lol)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

sol sevrer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: sol sevrer?   sol sevrer? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

sol sevrer?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide :: )>SoL<(~Free Chat :: Jedi Knight-
Jump to: