)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

sol sevrer?

Go down 
+9
solid snake
sebbat
Lucifer
wehr
Phoenix
Light
mereel
Lord_Draco
purple_kush
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
purple_kush

sol sevrer? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: sol sevrer?   sol sevrer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2011, 1:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

maybe its just hidden, but i can't see it on list. and your tffa server, is located in the 1.03 lobby. for your information.. saw it while i was playing 1.03 earlier. Version 1.03 for those that dont know what 1.03 is.. the version that is played in sol server, i version 1.04.. ok.. just curious.. cyas
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: sol sevrer?   sol sevrer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan 2011, 2:34 am

Phoe out of the 22 or so commoners it's not unusual that most of them are inactive. Active people get administrative duties, the 12 commoners that voted are the only active commoners left - the others are simply inactive. It's natural for the game. As a clan we have more active members than any other in JK2 so I don't see the fuss.
Back to top Go down
Hektor

Hektor

PostSubject: Re: sol sevrer?   sol sevrer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan 2011, 2:57 am

As I said.. I'm trying to be on as much as I can but in euro time.. so you can see me on xfire 8 hours in a day.

I couldnt do anything with that..

(Maybe you could connect to my dreams and tell me Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: sol sevrer?   sol sevrer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan 2011, 3:23 am

NickdeClaw wrote:
Edit: By the way, if you guys think I'm not active enough and/or am not fulfilling my duties, I'm willing to resign my position and just be the server host, which would still allow me to effect HC duties when I'm available while allowing a new HC without changing our rules, although this has implications for my being a Server Admin representative on the Council. I also can't say I'd put as much effort into HC work if it weren't an official position of mine, though. (Not that that matters if you don't think I'm fulfilling my duties as it is, lol)

I dont know whether this was directed at me or not, but i made a comment about it. I wasnt throwing accusations in your direction or even stating you were not doing your job. All i was saying was that YOU said you were going to be more inactive and less involved in the game and that people should consider other candidates. Im was just backing that up. As it happens, its looks like you are not so inactive after all.

Kernow Pilgrim wrote:
Phoe out of the 22 or so commoners it's not unusual that most of them are inactive. Active people get administrative duties, the 12 commoners that voted are the only active commoners left - the others are simply inactive. It's natural for the game. As a clan we have more active members than any other in JK2 so I don't see the fuss.

Kernow, i beg to differ. Ive never seen forum/server activity wthin SoL as bad as it has been this month. People havent been afk for few days, people have been afk for 3,4,5 weeks even more, and have not given any notification of thier absence. If people are afk, thats fine, all i ask is that we receive som form of notifaction. Even if it just a sentence saying "i wont be so active" or "im busy with other things atm", it doesnt have to be much, just something let us know whats going on.

Also, where are people getting this 22 commoners from? Way more than 22 commoners, and thats not incuding recruits (although admittedly there are some who havent been seen for aeons and need to be removed from that usergroup). But even then we have between 40-45 commoners who are suppost to be active. Then we have 20 or so recruits on top of that. That gives us (in the ultimate circumstance) getting on for 70 voters that could contibute towards these electoral polls.

12 Voters in an electoral poll is not good enough. Neutral
Back to top Go down
wehr

PostSubject: Re: sol sevrer?   sol sevrer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan 2011, 3:50 am

@nick, i don't think you should resign your position no matter how inactive you become...

@hektor, it's not your fauit as of time problems ocurred.

@Sol, maybe you should add like 1 more HC that is in like eastern, central or western time zone in usa. that person wouldn't have to be necessarily in usa though. u guys are making to big a deal out of this. just add another HC in a more westerly timezone.

w
e
h
r
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: sol sevrer?   sol sevrer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan 2011, 9:26 am

Kernow Pilgrim wrote:
Phoe out of the 22 or so commoners it's not unusual that most of them are inactive.

whoever was talking about 22 commoners first is wrong. maybe we have 22 ACTIVE commoners, that is maybe right, but in fact we have technically more than 60 commoners
Back to top Go down
mereel
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
mereel

PostSubject: Re: sol sevrer?   sol sevrer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan 2011, 3:05 pm

wehr wrote:
@Sol, maybe you should add like 1 more HC that is in like eastern, central or western time zone in usa. that person wouldn't have to be necessarily in usa though. u guys are making to big a deal out of this. just add another HC in a more westerly timezone.

w
e
h
r

ZOMG YOU READ DRACO AND MY THOUGHTS!!! You are a psychic! O:
Back to top Go down
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: sol sevrer?   sol sevrer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan 2011, 4:58 pm

It's not a dictate for commoners to be active nor a demand for them to post a polite message of inactivity, if that's your personal choice then keep it restricted to where it can apply such as with administrative members and council members.

People are inactive, get over it. Shouting and moaning isn't going to bring them back, instead it's better to work with what we have and value the existing community we have now. Not the existing community we once had. Clan's go up and down and left and right in popularity and activity. Just look at ATS - More than 90 percent of it's full member roster are constantly inactive yet they retain a unifying and positive outlook with what they have left. We should do the same.

Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: sol sevrer?   sol sevrer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan 2011, 5:15 pm

Of course everybody gets inactive sometimes, that goes without saying. Fair enough, at the minute its not mandatory that people notify us of absence, its should however be a more common practice then it is currently.

Put whatever spin on it you like, but it doesnt matter which angle you look at it, 14 votes in a commoners poll after 6 days is appauling.

Jesus Christ 7 of them 14 voters are in the f**king poll! Shocked

Also, its beggars belief that people havent voted for Draco Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Lucifer
Legend
Legend
Lucifer

PostSubject: Re: sol sevrer?   sol sevrer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan 2011, 5:26 pm

agreed phoenix, are u insane people, draco has done alot for us, not he gets like nothing, no wonder why he is not interested on getting on jk2..
I hate popularity, and now look where it gets them, i would get on this game, but im still transferring a ton of dumb files, which includes the iso for the game, plz people give draco something, he has given us a ton of respect and help.. Sure he is a bloody vampire, but he is a respectable vampire ^^
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: sol sevrer?   sol sevrer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan 2011, 5:36 pm

Phoenix wrote:
I dont know whether this was directed at me or not, but i made a comment about it. I wasnt throwing accusations in your direction or even stating you were not doing your job. All i was saying was that YOU said you were going to be more inactive and less involved in the game and that people should consider other candidates. Im was just backing that up. As it happens, its looks like you are not so inactive after all.
It wasn't really directed at you, and I meant it completely honestly. I have a lot of other things I can be doing with my time, so if people don't want me to be HC I'm fine with dropping it. I don't mind being HC and I like to help the clan out, but I don't take it personally in the slightest if you guys would prefer someone else to take the job. Like I said, I've got plenty of other things to do.

But when I said I recommended other candidates, that was for Forum Admin; we haven't needed much web coding because the site is essentially done, and I don't have time for the "busy work" of adding new users and stuff on the forum, so the only role I tend to perform as a Forum Admin (web coding) isn't really needed right now.

As for HC, I still think I'm one of the best for the job due to my knowledge and ability to problem-solve, but if people are under the impression that they need HCs that are active on the server I'd be fine with stepping down. I think that's a weak argument, but it doesn't bother me.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: sol sevrer?   sol sevrer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jan 2011, 4:15 am

NickdeClaw wrote:
But when I said I recommended other candidates, that was for Forum Admin
Ah apologies, i obviously have got my facts mixed up. If i thought it was for HC you stated this. My bad.

It certainly wont be necessary for you to step down from HC, i dont think thats what anybody wants. Your quite right, you are one of the best HC's if not THE best. But regardless of what anybody wants, it shouldnt be a problem anyway, because we are currently talking about taking on more HC, rather than exchanging people for HC. (as im sure you have read) Wink

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sol sevrer?   sol sevrer? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

sol sevrer?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide :: )>SoL<(~Free Chat :: Jedi Knight-
Jump to: