)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

Map Mod(s) Open to Public

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Abrum

Map Mod(s) Open to Public Empty
PostSubject: Map Mod(s) Open to Public   Map Mod(s) Open to Public Icon_minitimeSun 15 May 2011, 12:56 pm

Greetings all, below is a list of my map mods. I only have time for yavin_final at the moment. Here's the link for download. All clans and servers may use.

Yavin Final 2011

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20336373/yavin_final.pk3

Yavin Temple 2011 - Credits to Darthshoot, little to me for adding/tweaking.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20345108/yavin_temple.zip

Developed on DC-Mod 1.32 Public server, report bugs here or to a local official.

Last edited by Abrum on Thu 19 May 2011, 4:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Map Mod(s) Open to Public   Map Mod(s) Open to Public Icon_minitimeMon 16 May 2011, 3:33 am

Thanks very much Abrum that'll be very helpful. Karma to you ^_^
Back to top Go down
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

PostSubject: Re: Map Mod(s) Open to Public   Map Mod(s) Open to Public Icon_minitimeMon 16 May 2011, 6:04 am

Who gave him bad karma? Suspect
I shall give good karma Smile
Thx for the map Abrum Smile
Back to top Go down
Abrum

PostSubject: Re: Map Mod(s) Open to Public   Map Mod(s) Open to Public Icon_minitimeMon 16 May 2011, 3:51 pm

UPDATE:

The latest map is below. It includes bugfixes. A new fire trap in the catacombs (where the bots hang out). Has day and night cycle. That cycle has no lag in-between changes, because I have a entity clockwork that continually makes the clients load all the required shaders for both day and night every five seconds. So when you enter the game, you'll load all you need! After that the shader loading per five seconds wont apply to you anymore. So don't worry about having your duels interrupted. At last! Enjoy the simple feature of day and night in JK2 without compromising your dueling or FFA'ing experience.

That wasn't enough for me though... I had to have more. So I added my new nature sounds that randomly loop whenever day is present. When it's night, all the animals go to sleep (this took hours to configure)! After they have about 30 seconds to fall asleep that is.

During night, some wind will randomly sound, here and there, to add to the cold, desolate night feeling. I REALLY wanted people to feel day and night in the map. Day brings birds and beautiful creatures. Night brings mysterious night and SILENCE. At night, you can sneak up on people and creep them out.

That wasn't enough either, so I added a few new teleports in the catacombs (where the bots are). NOTE: ALL TELEPORTS ARE MARKED BY A WHITE GLOWING DOT. They will teleport you to the opposite side of that area of the catacombs. Just a fun little feature. The bots should do some interesting stuff with it.

Oh and if you want to get back to the "Rock" area after entering the maze, jump up the the hole in the cieling, it will teleport you to "Rock". Follow the dots, otherwise. Servers are recommended to add their own teleports to their server configurations as well. This lets people enjoy manual exploration, with traps and surprises. Or instant teleports to meet friends QUICKLY.

That's about it. Have fun peeps!

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20336373/yavin_final.pk3

I'll try to enter the teleporting coordinates here tomorrow. To help out the server hosts with their configurations.

Sincerely,
Abr'um
Back to top Go down
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Map Mod(s) Open to Public   Map Mod(s) Open to Public Icon_minitimeMon 16 May 2011, 11:54 pm

Thanks very much Abrum

HC UPLOAD!!!
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: Map Mod(s) Open to Public   Map Mod(s) Open to Public Icon_minitimeTue 17 May 2011, 3:28 am

i will upload it as soon as my screen works right again :>
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: Map Mod(s) Open to Public   Map Mod(s) Open to Public Icon_minitimeTue 17 May 2011, 6:15 am

map uploaded and tested
cfg done with teles
teles are:
hall
rock
temple

great map, great fps, nice sky, not sure about the lags, i had shitty connection.

i like the map alot, only things that are you have to get along with: the starting points are all in a corridor, which causes alot of slaughter in the beginning when you spawn.
there are alot of really small corridors and many of them are with fires O.o can be fun if you are there with cool ppl. but with lamers it could be quite annoying.

but still i love it. just check it out
i love it Smile
Back to top Go down
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Map Mod(s) Open to Public   Map Mod(s) Open to Public Icon_minitimeTue 17 May 2011, 6:33 am

It's cool

Is the hall the area where you fight Desann? If not can you add that area - It's normally called 'final'
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: Map Mod(s) Open to Public   Map Mod(s) Open to Public Icon_minitimeTue 17 May 2011, 7:52 am

no, the hall is the area where u fight desann
Pls test the teles, i couldnt test them enough
Back to top Go down
Abrum

PostSubject: Re: Map Mod(s) Open to Public   Map Mod(s) Open to Public Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2011, 2:41 pm

Greetings,

Frankly, I'm interested in having yavin_temple have a day/night system as well as yavin_final. It seems to be your main map. Yavin_Final has advanced map modding in it, I'll grant myself that. But it doesn't really have the outdoors and whole academy for you to explore like Yavin_Temple.

I'm moving modding over to Yavin_Temple. If anyone has any ideas, let me know. I plan on adding not only day/night for yavin_temple, but also the occasional thunder storm. I know JK2 has no decent rain loops, so that's not an option. Just some rolling clouds and distant thunder sounds. If it's possible anyhow.

And of course, you can expect no lag from this, as with my day/night mod in yavin_final. Besides that, I can do stuff like make the doors to the "training" area into portals, so they sort of work. Without Ysalimaris. Perhaps add a flying platform or two? Might be able to make a new room as well in unclaimed space. Still learning that one. Maybe add x-wings or tie-fighters that fly around the map. That one I know I can do. There's always more. Just need help thinking of it.
Back to top Go down
Abrum

PostSubject: Re: Map Mod(s) Open to Public   Map Mod(s) Open to Public Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2011, 4:10 pm

Yavin Temple with same day/night feature. Enjoy. Smile

Yavin Temple 2011 - Credits to Darthshoot, little to me for adding/tweaking.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20345108/yavin_temple.zip

First post updated as well. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Map Mod(s) Open to Public   Map Mod(s) Open to Public Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Map Mod(s) Open to Public
Page 1 of 1