)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

Yavin Temple gets DNSv2

Go down 
+4
Leonardo
Vader
Hektor
Abrum
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Abrum

Yavin Temple gets DNSv2 Empty
PostSubject: Yavin Temple gets DNSv2   Yavin Temple gets DNSv2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 May 2011, 6:25 am

Yavin Temple gets DNSv2 DNS2000

Greetings!

That weird jumble of boxes is in fact a collection of entities forming a circuit, or a machine as I like to call it. They all connect to each-other to make day, night and storm in a JK2 map, in this case Yavin_Temple. As stated before in my day/night mod for Yavin_Final, this circuit doesn't cause any lag to the players, even while changing skies for day/night/storm. It continually makes players load the all the shaders for the sky. So once you enter the game, up to five seconds after, you'll be targeted by a shader load, lag a little and then be lag free for the rest of your stay. The shaders will be loaded into your RAM and you will be good to go. No giving up your amazing bandwidth for epicness. Smile The sound effects are reported to not cause any lag either. As for visual effects, those are left out and under questioning at the moment. They tend to cause much lag.

So, people, I present Yavin_Temple with day, night and the occasional storm. See the explanation below to understand the DNSv2's (Day/Night/Storm Version Two's) current timer system.

Code:
Day. Wait 5 Minutes. Night. Wait 2 Minutes. Storm. Wait 3 Minutes. Day. Wait 5 Minutes. Night. Wait 5 Minutes. Repeat (<<<)

Enjoy and tell me the results. If people lag, I will just have to tweak DNSv2 to spawn less effects.

Download Yavin Temple with DNSv2

Last edited by Abrum on Thu 16 Jun 2011, 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hektor

Hektor

PostSubject: Re: Yavin Temple gets DNSv2   Yavin Temple gets DNSv2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 May 2011, 7:40 am

Abrum, how much money do you want if you start to teach me how to mod? Surprised
Back to top Go down
Abrum

PostSubject: Re: Yavin Temple gets DNSv2   Yavin Temple gets DNSv2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 May 2011, 5:20 am

None. We need more modders. :O
Back to top Go down
Abrum

PostSubject: Re: Yavin Temple gets DNSv2   Yavin Temple gets DNSv2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 May 2011, 8:15 am

If anyone wishes to test this map before placing on the server, feel free to connect to ATS @ 208.43.15.126:28070, we currently have the map up for the next few days, for testing. Same version as in the download above.
Back to top Go down
Hektor

Hektor

PostSubject: Re: Yavin Temple gets DNSv2   Yavin Temple gets DNSv2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 May 2011, 8:48 am

How can we connect ATS if we are banned? :oo or is it a new server?
Back to top Go down
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

PostSubject: Re: Yavin Temple gets DNSv2   Yavin Temple gets DNSv2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 May 2011, 9:02 am

Can't you just make a dedicated server on your computer then talk to people through server console?
Back to top Go down
Abrum

PostSubject: Re: Yavin Temple gets DNSv2   Yavin Temple gets DNSv2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 May 2011, 9:22 am

That does present a problem. I should try to host my own server indeed.
Back to top Go down
Leonardo
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Leonardo

PostSubject: Re: Yavin Temple gets DNSv2   Yavin Temple gets DNSv2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 May 2011, 9:37 am

Yeah I think it was called Outcast's Great Purges.
Back to top Go down
Boogieman
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Boogieman

PostSubject: Re: Yavin Temple gets DNSv2   Yavin Temple gets DNSv2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 May 2011, 8:54 pm

Hektor wrote:
How can we connect ATS if we are banned? :oo or is it a new server?

I want to learn how to mod. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Abrum

PostSubject: Re: Yavin Temple gets DNSv2   Yavin Temple gets DNSv2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun 2011, 9:28 am

I find it insulting that my mod hasn't been uploaded yet. You've had time to test it, all good there. But no one seems to care. I get the feeling that's just mean... I mean no offense but, doesn't anyone have the time, or care?

When writing this post, I thought that maybe I got it all wrong. But I don't feel like that's the issue here.
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: Yavin Temple gets DNSv2   Yavin Temple gets DNSv2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun 2011, 9:50 am

Oh, sweet, this sounds awesome! Sorry if you're insulted Abrum, I never saw this topic, and I suspect others didn't as well. We tend to focus on the Members area topics, and requests for Mods to be uploaded occur there as well.

Going to give this a try!

Edit: It's not available for download at that link anymore. bounce
Back to top Go down
sebbat
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
sebbat

PostSubject: Re: Yavin Temple gets DNSv2   Yavin Temple gets DNSv2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun 2011, 11:00 am

Oh shit, sorry abrum, same than nick said, i never saw this.

Link isnt avaliable, if you can re-upload it, we will try this mod for server
Back to top Go down
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend
Ajunta Pall

PostSubject: Re: Yavin Temple gets DNSv2   Yavin Temple gets DNSv2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun 2011, 11:25 am

i'm not admin ... Smile
Back to top Go down
Abrum

PostSubject: Re: Yavin Temple gets DNSv2   Yavin Temple gets DNSv2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun 2011, 2:55 pm

Link updated.

* Added sunset/sunrise
* Fixed the bug where there was no teleport beam anymore

Rain isn't really possible in JK2, so I could only afford to put rain sounds really.
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: Yavin Temple gets DNSv2   Yavin Temple gets DNSv2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun 2011, 3:35 pm

There's rain on the Yavin swamp levels though, right? Just not possible in MP, then?
Back to top Go down
Abrum

PostSubject: Re: Yavin Temple gets DNSv2   Yavin Temple gets DNSv2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun 2011, 3:41 pm

Exactly.
Back to top Go down
sebbat
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
sebbat

PostSubject: Re: Yavin Temple gets DNSv2   Yavin Temple gets DNSv2 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jun 2011, 7:07 am

Downloading!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yavin Temple gets DNSv2   Yavin Temple gets DNSv2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yavin Temple gets DNSv2
Page 1 of 1