)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

SoL Worldwide server

Go down 
+9
Lucifer
gunnarwish
Ajunta Pall
TheGraanulaarian
Boogieman
solid snake
mantA
Kernow Pilgrim
darthman
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
darthman

SoL Worldwide server - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: SoL Worldwide server   SoL Worldwide server - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Aug 2011, 2:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

I was playing on the sol server today and very impressed with the ping, can you guys tell me the name of the server host?

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: SoL Worldwide server   SoL Worldwide server - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Aug 2011, 8:00 am

well... The issue IS are we able to... Idk if i am, are u aju?
Back to top Go down
mantA

mantA

PostSubject: Re: SoL Worldwide server   SoL Worldwide server - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Aug 2011, 8:47 am

NickdeClaw wrote:
Xasomur wrote:
first of all, i am not the host of the server ^^ i just do most of his work Razz
nick is still server host, and we need to send him more money before he closes our server Razz

and this is why any changing location or mod is a tricky one Razz
Do most of my work? What work do I have to do as the server host? None except pay for the server with the money Xaso gives me!

Our server location is for multiple reasons, and we have been over this countless times. The central location is one part of it. There are secondary networking features that only the American locations provide that have been necessary in the past and I feel are still necessary. Petition your European ISPs to improve their network infrastructure. Smile

As for mods, changing that is not something that only the server host can do. Any HC can do that.
i tried kicking the butts of my provider all the time to increase the goddammed speed and remove traffic limits of these mobile internets which makes you run like a 56k dialup modem.
Back to top Go down
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend
Ajunta Pall

PostSubject: Re: SoL Worldwide server   SoL Worldwide server - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Aug 2011, 8:53 am

lmao Xaso xD a mod is just a pk3, which loads configs to the game. You just put the pk3 in base folder of server, remove dcmod one, and magic, the mod runs by itself, lmoa.
Back to top Go down
mantA

mantA

PostSubject: Re: SoL Worldwide server   SoL Worldwide server - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Aug 2011, 8:58 am

Just wondering. If the hoster himself only do have ftp access, how the hell istge HC supposed to load other momods into le serveur?
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: SoL Worldwide server   SoL Worldwide server - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Aug 2011, 9:19 am

ah aju Smile
how you just dont know that nearly all the cfg data we use is in a FOLDER called dcmod1.2 Smile
only the bots, the maps and some basic system info is in the base folder.

now all the configuration data works in the dcmod folder. and all our cfgs work with the dcmod settings and the dcmod commands.
so depending on what mod we get, we might have to work through all of our cfgs and check if they still work the same way. and because i have so little clue about that stuff i dont know what all will be changed... but i am afraid of the loads that could be changed. and not only be changed... there may be new functions, functions missing and all that stuff...
thats why i wanted manta to use dcmod as a base and only changes whats necessary.
Back to top Go down
mantA

mantA

PostSubject: Re: SoL Worldwide server   SoL Worldwide server - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Aug 2011, 8:26 pm

If i had he source of dcmod, i could work on further. But nooooooo i have to begin from zero, so the system differs from dcmod. So before we change the mod, i have to give you guys a general instruction to let you guys know how it works.
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: SoL Worldwide server   SoL Worldwide server - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Aug 2011, 5:37 am

You guys can experiment with new mods, I don't have to agree with that; you're the HCs. I would just ask that you do it cautiously and not damage the DCMod functioning in the process if we wanted to switch back. So basically, if you change the mod, you should leave the dcmod1.2 folder as it is, and create a new folder for the new mod. That way you can easily switch between the two mods. What you would do is copy all the CFGs from dcmod1.2 to the new mod's folder, and edit them all so that they work with the new mod.

You really need to know what you're doing if you want it to work and not be a huge mess. It would be ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY that you test the new mod AND ALL THE CFGs fully on your OWN COMPUTER before you messed around with it on the server. You can get a fully working local server using all of our CFGs to test it out; there is NOTHING that requires being on the live SoL Server to test - it can all be done on your own computer, so that's where the experimenting should be done.

P.S. - the CFGs and the mod itself do NOT go in the base folder. They go in the mod folder so that they're nice and separate. Maps go in the base folder.
Back to top Go down
mantA

mantA

PostSubject: Re: SoL Worldwide server   SoL Worldwide server - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Aug 2011, 7:11 am

actually, i have no idea who else than nickdeclaw has the ftp or sftp access to the server, just to transfer the files back and forward. Do the HC only have that kind of access or is there any other way to communicate with the server?
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: SoL Worldwide server   SoL Worldwide server - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Aug 2011, 9:17 am

ha, if we put the mod.pk3 into the mod folder... How we switch the mod then ?

I think i can figure out those other commands... But idk how long it will take :S
Back to top Go down
mantA

mantA

PostSubject: Re: SoL Worldwide server   SoL Worldwide server - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Aug 2011, 3:37 pm

Commands are still listed up in the help section, no worries. The only matter is the set up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SoL Worldwide server   SoL Worldwide server - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SoL Worldwide server
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2