)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast)

Go down 
+20
Abrum
NickdeClaw
Spartacat
tweetie
Phoenix
Lucifer
Battledroidlover
Ali3N
Junior >X<
Leonardo
motozilla
Dark Misery
Xasomur
TheGraanulaarian
Igrom
Ajunta Pall
solid snake
GONZA
Vader
Axel
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Axel
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Axel

SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast)   SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jun 2012, 3:00 am

First topic message reminder :

As im sure you all know jk2 is (basically) dead which means that SoL is nearly dead.

I have compiled a list of games that I play that we could move to, feel free to suggest your own games.

Left 4 Dead 2
Minecraft (good for server management and donations)
Runescape
Star Wars Battlefront 2 (don't reccomend moving there though)
Killing Floor
Pokemon online (PC)
Team Fortress 2
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Leonardo
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Leonardo

PostSubject: Re: SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast)   SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 02 Aug 2012, 11:54 am

Well if I ever get Minecraft for PC.....
Back to top Go down
Spartacat
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan
Spartacat

PostSubject: Re: SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast)   SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 03 Aug 2012, 7:07 am

Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft
Back to top Go down
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend
Ajunta Pall

PostSubject: Re: SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast)   SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 03 Aug 2012, 10:18 am

runescape or lol
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast)   SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 03 Aug 2012, 1:58 pm

If you guys wanted a SoL Minecraft server we could have one for $5/month. We'd need you other guys to pay for it, though. I have a feeling there's not enough interest in it for it to be worthwhile when there are already plenty of other Minecraft servers and often times the most fun is just playing with a few friends instead of a ton of people, unless you're using mods.
Back to top Go down
Abrum

PostSubject: Re: SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast)   SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 03 Aug 2012, 2:45 pm

Ajunta Pall wrote:
UG has lots of people everyday. I think to make jk2 live again, we should stop dividing into clans, and just have 1 server for everyone to play on, admin or not. Stop focusing on admin, and you won't care anymore to have your own server and you'll just play with your friends on any server. Come UG, it has same map as sol, there is almost no admin, everyone is cool no drama, it's fun.

Is this possible though?
Back to top Go down
motozilla

motozilla

PostSubject: Re: SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast)   SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 03 Aug 2012, 3:22 pm

It's possible.I play on the CA (Clan Apathy) server just like many Sol players I've seen there.There just people wanting to play ,there's new players daily.Tons of players from other clans some dead but still wearing there badges (I'm new to the clan concept). There's all skill levels there and I'm never afraid to fight the best ,even though I know I'm going to lose.
Back to top Go down
Axel
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Axel

PostSubject: Re: SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast)   SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 03 Aug 2012, 7:23 pm

Ive had experiance being admin on a minecraft server before and $5 a month will not run a good enough server. £20 a month could run a mostly non-laggy minecraft server for 50 people.
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast)   SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 04 Aug 2012, 11:14 am

Axel, you can't look at the price of a game server and know its capabilities. There are a lot of server providers out there who have a ton of overhead and outdated equipment. At one point SoL switched providers and it cost $10 more than it does now, and the quality was about 20% of what we have now. Double the cost for one fifth the performance.
Back to top Go down
Axel
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Axel

PostSubject: Re: SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast)   SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 04 Aug 2012, 7:58 pm

Trust me on this nick, you need £15 for a decent 30 slot server and £20 for a decent 60 slot server, its the amount that they give you that changes how many people you can host for, the more you pay the more ram you get, you are correct that some are more cheaper then others but it will still cost £15-£20.m
Back to top Go down
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Battledroidlover

PostSubject: Re: SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast)   SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 05 Aug 2012, 1:25 am

I really dont think we should get a minecraft server :-/
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast)   SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 05 Aug 2012, 4:37 am

Axel, if all I bought were Apple computers, I would think that you'd need to spend $1700 for a decent computer too. Having experience in something doesn't mean you know everything about that field. Additionally, you don't even know how many slots the $5 server has; maybe it falls within your price:slot ratio. (Speaking of which, 50 is way too many for a SoL Minecraft server.)

Anyway, there doesn't seem to be enough interest in a Minecraft server to justify the cost when we're having issues focusing on one game. I don't think we should get one, personally.
Back to top Go down
Axel
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Axel

PostSubject: Re: SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast)   SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 05 Aug 2012, 6:18 am

Trust me on this, your analogy using apple computers is wrong when you talk about minecraft servers.
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast)   SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Aug 2012, 5:00 am

Axel, think of this from my perspective. It's very bizarre that you're asking me to "trust you" when I've seen the performance of the server and I know its price. You're asking me to trust you that what I've seen doesn't exist. lol

Axel, trust me on this, you don't exist.
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast)   SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Aug 2012, 5:34 am

yea, i also stumbled on the "trust me on this" ^^
but it was only a phrase to raise the argumentative power for convincing you, without any content. it was a rhetorical, phrasiological fart ^^

but basically, to enter the discussion: if we move games, who shall pay for a sol server? i wont, i need to pay for the jk2 server still, since i havent paid for a long time.
we also would need to find a game for everyone, or we divide our ppl. but many of them just stopped playing, so wherever you go, it wont be sol.
third point is, that sol is designed to be jk2. all its ideology, ranks, events, politics... there is no sol in other games. were an integral part of this game, and if our chapter is over, let it end Smile
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast)   SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Aug 2012, 5:38 am

Yep I agree. I don't have a desire to move with SoL to another game. I think we live or die in JK2. The server's been more active recently so I think it's worth continuing to keep things going unless we really just don't want to anymore. My vote's for sticking around for now. Hopefully I'll be making some real money in the next 6 months or so. If so, I'd be able to pay for the server myself indefinitely.
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast)   SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Aug 2012, 8:40 am

well, from the middle of this month i may be earning more money... but til then i am quite burned...
Back to top Go down
Lucifer
Legend
Legend
Lucifer

PostSubject: Re: SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast)   SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Aug 2012, 11:39 am

well, half of the SoL i used to be around recruited to League of Legends, i know it's not a great clan type game, but most of us like the game..
Back to top Go down
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

PostSubject: Re: SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast)   SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Aug 2012, 2:09 pm

Hot damn! Someone posted. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Xemnas
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Xemnas

PostSubject: Re: SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast)   SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Aug 2012, 6:32 am

What is this clan without Jk2? Yeah..nothing.
BUT we can make it to something with a diffrent game
Politics ranks rules and administration is no big challenge to make it fit to another game.
The big question is WHO would follow SoL to a game wich isnt jk2?
I guess there would be many new members who would join through the new game but its true though...it would never be the same

SoL shall live!
Back to top Go down
Leonardo
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Leonardo

PostSubject: Re: SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast)   SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 05 Sep 2012, 5:30 pm

Xemnas wrote:
SoL shall live!

Accepting the fact that a clan must die with a game, the only word I can use is (not to be mean or anything, cuz im trying to be nice) just pitiful. Look, SoL was the first (and pretty much the only Razz) clan to adopt a first true democracy, a structure, a rank system, a hierarchy...the list is endless. Dying with Jk2 is an utter waste of all that you have accomplished, and you have built. Dont take something like that for granted, or just throw it away, be proud of it, and let it be your strength.

In the above quote, though only 3 words, it creates hope for the future. Don't destroy that hope. Its tough on all of us, don't give in. That's all I wanted to say, see you guys around sometime <3
Back to top Go down
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Battledroidlover

PostSubject: Re: SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast)   SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 06 Sep 2012, 12:33 am

JK2 hasn't died, Ca is still very popular.
Back to top Go down
motozilla

motozilla

PostSubject: Re: SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast)   SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 06 Sep 2012, 3:07 am

CA is still very popular.I play there daily it's were I learned to FFA .JK2 is not dead I see new players everyday and every clan server has good and bad days.
JJ is also very popular there known for duleing and are one of the reasons for CA being popular as opposed to people just chatting and laming.
LoL
Dark
UG

Are all popular at different times of the day I guess it just depends on what part of the planet your on.

JK2 is not dead so,I dont see why you should move.
Back to top Go down
Boogieman
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Boogieman

PostSubject: Re: SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast)   SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 06 Sep 2012, 3:10 am

SoL would get more members if we recruited people through Team Fortress 2 and Runescape because these games are free to play and very popular and their servers is always full. I'd say we'd give a shot by starting clans and groups in Runescape and creating a community group at Steam.
Back to top Go down
Boogieman
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Boogieman

PostSubject: Re: SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast)   SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 06 Sep 2012, 3:13 am

motozilla wrote:
CA is still very popular.I play there daily it's were I learned to FFA .JK2 is not dead I see new players everyday and every clan server has good and bad days.
JJ is also very popular there known for duleing and are one of the reasons for CA being popular as opposed to people just chatting and laming.
LoL
Dark
UG

Are all popular at different times of the day I guess it just depends on what part of the planet your on.

JK2 is not dead so,I dont see why you should move.

Jedi Knight 2 is dying and it's very obvious. Compare the activity with Call of duty or any other action game and you'll see more people online. 1.04, the patch of failure according the players who is currently playing on the 1.02 patch.

1.02 provides more challenge and the fights gets more intensive and realistic.
Back to top Go down
Boogieman
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Boogieman

PostSubject: Re: SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast)   SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 06 Sep 2012, 3:14 am

Tim Skywalker wrote:
Xemnas wrote:
SoL shall live!

Accepting the fact that a clan must die with a game, the only word I can use is (not to be mean or anything, cuz im trying to be nice) just pitiful. Look, SoL was the first (and pretty much the only Razz) clan to adopt a first true democracy, a structure, a rank system, a hierarchy...the list is endless. Dying with Jk2 is an utter waste of all that you have accomplished, and you have built. Dont take something like that for granted, or just throw it away, be proud of it, and let it be your strength.

In the above quote, though only 3 words, it creates hope for the future. Don't destroy that hope. Its tough on all of us, don't give in. That's all I wanted to say, see you guys around sometime <3

Exactly. SoL don't need a game to survive. A community website and a group is all that needs for the clan to survive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast)   SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SoL has to move games NOW/(Very soon atleast)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next