)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

R.I.P Star Wars

Go down 
+14
EpicJK2
Vader
Angelis
NickdeClaw
Reaver
GONZA
Samfp
TheGraanulaarian
mereel
Leonardo
Xasomur
ExiDux
Battledroidlover
Danek
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Danek

Danek

R.I.P Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P Star Wars   R.I.P Star Wars Icon_minitimeTue 29 Apr 2014, 7:08 am

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/460842/lucasfilm-declares-all-star-wars-games-non-canon/
Back to top Go down
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Battledroidlover

R.I.P Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Star Wars   R.I.P Star Wars Icon_minitimeTue 29 Apr 2014, 7:32 am

Screw 'em , JK2 is canon to me.
Back to top Go down
Danek

Danek

R.I.P Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Star Wars   R.I.P Star Wars Icon_minitimeTue 29 Apr 2014, 7:33 am

F uck Disney. F uck them all.
Back to top Go down
ExiDux

ExiDux

R.I.P Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Star Wars   R.I.P Star Wars Icon_minitimeTue 29 Apr 2014, 7:45 am

i see this as a good and wise decision. look at the force unleashed by example, super jedi...
I am sure they will get things straight and running soon.

it would be suicide making a new movie knowing all the media like games have contradictions
and stuff impossible to fit together again.

this opens doors to movies which are like the original 70s starwars.
Back to top Go down
Danek

Danek

R.I.P Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Star Wars   R.I.P Star Wars Icon_minitimeTue 29 Apr 2014, 7:50 am

Force Unleashed sucked, no doubt about that. But what about all the writers that spent their time coming up with an amazing story and spent their lives writing them? Games like KOTOR, Jedi Knight series, all the characters, lore and all the other stuff in the Expanded Universe are now 'non-canon'? Sorry, your opinion obviously but Disney being in control of Star Wars is only going to end in tears.
Back to top Go down
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Battledroidlover

R.I.P Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Star Wars   R.I.P Star Wars Icon_minitimeTue 29 Apr 2014, 8:01 am

I agree, TFU was way too OTT with the force and storyline. But I agree with things like the books and stuff that people have spent ages to make, and awesome games like JK2 are now not considered real ? Screw that!
Back to top Go down
ExiDux

ExiDux

R.I.P Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Star Wars   R.I.P Star Wars Icon_minitimeTue 29 Apr 2014, 8:36 am

kotor is thousands of years before the original movies, they can not un-canon that yet and the chance they would make a movie there is small. jk2 is a good source for sequels to the originals.

well,  am not a hater because 'disney' bought the franchise from 'george'.  i have more, and severe problems with all the hate against both. George lucas just wanted to make sure his movies could be watched 30 years into the future from now without people breaking up in laughter and stopping mid-way. while Disney is still figuring out the way to go where they have to analyse their normal buisiness functions with the way they could 'keep' starwars like it should be.

The smartest thing Disney could ever do now to get a gigantic popularity buff is spend one million
on ten good specialized video editors and let them restore the original movies from the remaining tape fragments and even the laserdiscs. they would cash in extreme amounts of money if they would do that. i even suspect they would not need more then 2 years to do that as all the software, upscaling, after editing software already exists.
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

R.I.P Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Star Wars   R.I.P Star Wars Icon_minitimeTue 29 Apr 2014, 9:11 am

They want to tell me, that those 80 Star Wars books of the expanded Universe are all undone now? All the stories wrong and wiped out? All the hours and days I suffered with Luke, Han, Leia, Lando, Chewbacca (RIP), Jacen, Jaina, Kyle, Kyp, Mara, Anakin, Ben and many more characters that rightfully continued the tale, are now in vain? Only let JJ Abrams make a movie with a plot HE likes? Or is it Disney who cares even less about the Fans of the Star Wars Universe than George Lucas did?
This leaves me speechless. Someone who can call this a wise or a good decision can't ever have read a Star Wars book. Must be a person who gives a damn about the characters and the tale of the universe. This can only be said by a cineast, who doesn't see anything of Star Wars but some old movies. This person disregards the millions of people, who enjoyed and connected to the Expanded Universe, who didn't recognize it as a mere Expansion, but as the rightful continuing of the Saga, the true platform to keep telling the tale.
Episode VII already exists since Timothy Zahn wrote Heir to the Empire, and we already know the names of VIII and IX since 1993. So I say screw the new movie, fly a kite disney, pity Abrams and RIP Star Wars.

Edit: This time I can't accept our forum censor.
F U C K Disney
Back to top Go down
ExiDux

ExiDux

R.I.P Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Star Wars   R.I.P Star Wars Icon_minitimeTue 29 Apr 2014, 9:45 am

i see starwars as the movies, yes.  George lucas invented them, wrote them, inspired them.
i am a fan of the movies and older games, yet i see no problem in this. so many movies and stories are not canon and nobody cares they just like or do not like them. people are going way to berserk on this, read the books, watch the movies but damn, do not go ape over such things.

The only problem i could ever see now is :
A : it could get to childish
B : jj abrahms... i cant stand that guy his directing which is a personal oppinion.
Back to top Go down
Leonardo
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Leonardo

R.I.P Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Star Wars   R.I.P Star Wars Icon_minitimeTue 29 Apr 2014, 9:46 am

As long as Lucas doesn't direct, I'm good.
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

R.I.P Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Star Wars   R.I.P Star Wars Icon_minitimeTue 29 Apr 2014, 9:57 am

you are only a fan of the movies. you give a damn about the story, the characters and the fans who loved them to continue.
Back to top Go down
ExiDux

ExiDux

R.I.P Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Star Wars   R.I.P Star Wars Icon_minitimeTue 29 Apr 2014, 10:02 am

Well xasomur, i give a damn about the movie characters and story.
we are just divided by medium and backdrop, to me the movies are the start of it all.

i feel no need to attack you for liking the side media, just enjoy them what does a statement from
a company have to do with your personal preferences ? Nothing !

Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

R.I.P Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Star Wars   R.I.P Star Wars Icon_minitimeTue 29 Apr 2014, 10:05 am

if you feel offended by what I wrote, then I am glad, that you can see there are alot of ppl wronged and you're not all fine with that fact.
Back to top Go down
mereel
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
mereel

R.I.P Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Star Wars   R.I.P Star Wars Icon_minitimeTue 29 Apr 2014, 10:49 am

I can see where Disney is going with this. The EU is a bit clunky due to the fact there wasn't much for structure back then, and this causes a few timeline overlaps and misinformation. But I am 100% with fan that had a great childhood growing up with Star Wars. To just simply throw away years and years and years and years of built up lore and stories from every known way to tell stories, then fly a kite Disney.

Buttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

I did read they will use the EU for a template for the new canon universe that they will restart with. Now, we can't know for sure what that means. Does that Mean characters like Thrawn, Kyle, Mara, etc. are still in existence? Does this mean now we can have Chewie back? And not have horrible stories like the new Clone Wars cartoon? We can never know.

I am angry like everyone else. Just rude to throw away my childhood like that. But I am willing to give them one chance to prove to me they can do it right and keep it so the fans will accept the new EU and be happy with it's new direction and structure.

BUT I SWEAR TO GOD IF THEY TURN MY MANDALORIANS INTO THOSE PUSSIES  LIKE ON THE CLONE WARS SERIES I WILL FLIP THE GODDAMN EARTH INTO THE SUN
Back to top Go down
ExiDux

ExiDux

R.I.P Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Star Wars   R.I.P Star Wars Icon_minitimeTue 29 Apr 2014, 11:14 am

Xasomur wrote:
if you feel offended by what I wrote, then I am glad, that you can see there are alot of ppl wronged and you're not all fine with that fact.

Stop inventing things, i never wrote anything close to being offended. This behaviour is just odd and off, especially from you in terms of forum behaviour. You are almost acting like a flamer, creating context which was never there...

so lets re-view shall we :

Well xasomur, i give a damn about the movie characters and story.
this states i personally use the movies as the thing to behold. they created the entire
starwars franchise. this was an expression of personal oppinion.

we are just divided by medium and backdrop, to me the movies are the start of it all.

This clearly states we are both on teh different side of being fans. two different
points of view around the media and which ones we prefer.

i feel no need to attack you for liking the side media, just enjoy them what does a statement from
a company have to do with your personal preferences ? Nothing !

You clearly tried to attack me in two posts, and i state i will not do that.
i even encouraged you to stop following that company statement for a while,
What you like and will read is not related to one puny statement from a company.
in contrary, you shouldnt even give a damn.

Xasomur wrote:
I am glad, that you can see there are alot of ppl wronged and you're not all fine with that fact.
i am not fine with irrelevant conflicts between fans about such low-level stuff.
people like what they like, so read it, watch it, and thats it.

nobody is wronged here, as they all have access to what they liked, and can still
read or play it. such irrelevant things are almost mockable, 'i am wronged by a status change around a story'. yes, verry important and your life will end now. see the idocy.

i am gravely dissapointed in this behind the back attacking from a clan member known
to write clean and diplomatic. Especially the none existant being created to get the last word.

Last edited by ExiDux on Tue 29 Apr 2014, 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheGraanulaarian
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
TheGraanulaarian

R.I.P Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Star Wars   R.I.P Star Wars Icon_minitimeTue 29 Apr 2014, 11:18 am

Quote :
Lucasfilm makes it unequivocal that there are only seven products in the Star Wars universe that should be considered canon; the six films, along with The Clone Wars TV show.

Please flip the Earth, Mereel.
Back to top Go down
Samfp

R.I.P Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Star Wars   R.I.P Star Wars Icon_minitimeTue 29 Apr 2014, 2:02 pm

Smoke a joint you nerds
Back to top Go down
GONZA
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
GONZA

R.I.P Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Star Wars   R.I.P Star Wars Icon_minitimeTue 29 Apr 2014, 4:14 pm

Lets calm the river... Razz
Back to top Go down
Reaver

Reaver

R.I.P Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Star Wars   R.I.P Star Wars Icon_minitimeTue 29 Apr 2014, 4:36 pm

It seems silly but just calm yourselves down, like GONZA said.
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

R.I.P Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Star Wars   R.I.P Star Wars Icon_minitimeTue 29 Apr 2014, 4:44 pm

TL;DR - Xasomur is a true Star Wars fan, ExiDux watched some movies. pig

hehe
Back to top Go down
Angelis

Angelis

R.I.P Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Star Wars   R.I.P Star Wars Icon_minitimeTue 29 Apr 2014, 10:44 pm

NickdeClaw wrote:
TL;DR - Xasomur is a true Star Wars fan, ExiDux watched some movies. pig

hehe

I am in the same boat as Exi, except for the fact that as far as fiction goes,  I think Star Wars is hyper.

EDIT: Re tarded is censored, some of the censors are idiotic
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

R.I.P Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Star Wars   R.I.P Star Wars Icon_minitimeWed 30 Apr 2014, 6:29 am

sure the films are the start of the hole thing. but a first date is not a relationship. even the first 6 dates dont make a relationship. If you are together with your wife for twenty long years having a good relationship, and you delete HER memory of anything but the 6 first dates, you'd be pissed too. The god damned doctor who deletes that memory is wronging her, him and the relationship. And a third one looking at this, saying: why? the first 6 dates are what really matters and they are the start of everything, I think its clear to see that HE won't agree with that opinion of the third person. I pity him, I pity the children they might have had in their relationship and everything.

oh yea, it is just movies... but still you can hurt someone's feelings with it. just I like I hurt your feelings by saying you give a damn about ppl who feel wronged by this, though it's just words and maybe not even true.

but you can have your last word now, if you think thats something important, I gave my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
ExiDux

ExiDux

R.I.P Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Star Wars   R.I.P Star Wars Icon_minitimeWed 30 Apr 2014, 6:52 am

xasomur :
"like I hurt your feelings by saying you give a damn about ppl who feel wronged by this"

you never hurt my feelings. not one bit.

as i said stop inventing stuff that isnt there.

you clearly do not read, nor understand one word of my writings.

i am laughing so hard i can break, i am litterally laughing with and about you.

you are clearly no starwars fan.

you are now labelled as a simple fail flamer, somebody trying to invent stuff that was never there
in name of other people to win a failing argument.

Back to top Go down
mereel
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
mereel

R.I.P Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Star Wars   R.I.P Star Wars Icon_minitimeWed 30 Apr 2014, 7:37 am

TheGraanulaarian wrote:
Quote :
Lucasfilm makes it unequivocal that there are only seven products in the Star Wars universe that should be considered canon; the six films, along with The Clone Wars TV show.

Please flip the Earth, Mereel.

OK GUYS SAY BYE BYE TO THIS WORLD!
Back to top Go down
Angelis

Angelis

R.I.P Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Star Wars   R.I.P Star Wars Icon_minitimeWed 30 Apr 2014, 8:34 am

Xaso please do me a favor, and stop trying to prolong an arguement. The fact that you think the books make the star wars trilogy and all, is your opinion. The fact that exi likes just the movies, is his opinion. There is no such thing as being wronged, because it is your opinion, the fact that others may or may not share your opinion is what is relevant. There is even no reason to try and make exi angry because he doesn't agree with you. So please do me a favor and don't prolong this, it is giving me a headache.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

R.I.P Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Star Wars   R.I.P Star Wars Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.P Star Wars
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next