)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

R.I.P Star Wars

Go down 
+14
EpicJK2
Vader
Angelis
NickdeClaw
Reaver
GONZA
Samfp
TheGraanulaarian
mereel
Leonardo
Xasomur
ExiDux
Battledroidlover
Danek
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Danek

Danek

R.I.P Star Wars - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P Star Wars   R.I.P Star Wars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 29 Apr 2014, 7:08 am

First topic message reminder :

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/460842/lucasfilm-declares-all-star-wars-games-non-canon/
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Star Wars   R.I.P Star Wars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 06 May 2014, 8:17 am

Once upon a time, 450 years ABY there lived a...

... and they lived happily ever after
Back to top Go down
Proballboy

Proballboy

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Star Wars   R.I.P Star Wars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 06 May 2014, 8:47 am

I had mixed feelings towards the new Star Trek. I hope he will show better on the Star Wars.
Back to top Go down
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Star Wars   R.I.P Star Wars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 07 May 2014, 5:49 am

Leonardo wrote:
I'd have to say though, A Darth Caedus would be the easiest way to make a 7, 8, and 9.

I do also strongly believe that Darth Bane should be considered canon, one because the Sith Brotherhood story arc would fit together, and would also eloquently explain "The Rule of Two" a master, and an apprentice.

All I'm hoping for is that JJ Abrams doesnt pervert the story much like he did in the Star Trek reboot.

Kirk is supposed to yell KHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAN, not Spock you idiot.

ill just repeat my self Wink

Quinlan Vos' Appearance
The Kiffar Species
Delta Squad
Korriban (aka Moraband)
Onderon
Dathomir
Saleucami
Devaron
The Nightsisters
Mandalore
Death Watch
The Viszla family
Shatterpoints
Ilum
Dac
Cin Drallig
White Lightsabers
Yellow Lighstabers
Shoto Lightsabers
Jar Kai Lightsaber Fighting Style
Coruscant Level 1313
Sifo Dyas' appearance
Black Sun
Appearance of Sith Lords from the Old Republic
Darth Bane (although technically he's a Lucas creation)
The Zygaryan Slavers

All of the above were previously C-Canon elements that have now been brought up into new canon. Sure it's not much, but hey, it's something.

--------------------------

As you can see that Darth bane is in the list...
Back to top Go down
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Star Wars   R.I.P Star Wars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 07 May 2014, 5:53 am

But to the books. Im reading a star wars book called Shatterpoint... and it soo shoking  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked 

Its all about Mace Windu and is padawan Depa...

im so in to that book, and you think that mace windu is sooo goood, well just read that book... im soo shocked in reading that book... i can just get my head over it  Shocked 
Back to top Go down
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Battledroidlover

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Star Wars   R.I.P Star Wars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 07 May 2014, 6:32 am

Battledroidlover wrote:
NickdeClaw wrote:
Xasomur's opinion includes emotion. It is integral to his opinion. Without that emotion, his opinion would be fundamentally different.

This means that if you want to respect his opinion, you must also respect the emotion that is part of it. Some of that emotion is due to the opinions of others. In particular, anyone who supports declaring Expanded Universe material non-canon necessarily has an effect on the time, energy, and emotion Xasomur has spent in the past immersing himself in the Star Wars universe.

This creates a nuanced problem where the people in control and those who support those in control (Disney and ExiDux, for example) have inherent power in the situation. In other words, the future of Star Wars is going to proceed in a path decided by Disney, and therefore anyone who agrees with Disney has the privilege of not needing to fear that their opinions or experiences will be marginalized.

We've all heard that "with great power comes great responsibility." It can be strongly argued that people who are in power and those who agree with people in power have a moral responsibility to be understanding and helpful in a sincere way to those who are not in power. The simplest step to take is to affirm the opinions and emotions of those who aren't in power without turning the conversation into something about you. While this sounds easy, in reality it is very difficult for everyone who has privilege.

So how does this specifically play out in this thread? ExiDux, Angel, BDL, and Epic don't experience the same emotion that Xasomur does to this announcement. They have the privilege of not being deeply affected by the news the way that Xasomur is; it doesn't seem to affect them as much. The wrong thing to do is to automatically compete with Xasomur about how valuable your opinion is. You have less emotion invested into the topic; you have less at stake. You are certainly entitled to your differing opinion, but you may have a moral responsibility to avoid competing to make the conversation about you. Your opinion already has the power if it aligns with Disney's. This means that any strength with which you imbue your arguments primarily serves to silence the minority, not protect your opinion. Your opinion is already protected because the people in power, Disney, already agree.

The second implication is that calls to simply "agree to disagree," to stop arguing, to lock the topic, are unfairly in the best interest of the people whose opinion aligns with those in power. If the topic is closed, that is well and good for those who agree with Disney's decision because that decision will most likely occur with or without arguments. But for those who passionately disagree, privileged requests to "just agree to disagree" are effectively requests for the minority to "please stop bothering us with your opinion."

I know people in here have mostly good intentions. But sometimes asking for everyone to play nice and to not argue isn't a fair request because the playing field isn't even. This obviously does not just apply to a Star Wars forum; this is a dynamic that has far-reaching, important implications in serious real life issues. It's one of the important mechanisms at play in privilege vs. oppression dynamics that exist in all aspects of life.

TLDR.

Okay I read like half of it. Wink

Why did I get -karma for this ? It was just a joke referring to Nicks comments :L
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Star Wars   R.I.P Star Wars - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.P Star Wars
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3