)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

Video Game Music (VGM)

Go down 
+20
Xemnas
Vader
Xasomur
Spartacat
KingYodah
Haydrix
Alex
LiQuid
Ajunta Pall
Lord_Draco
Lucifer
GONZA
Danek
Angelis
TheGraanulaarian
Hektor
EpicJK2
ExiDux
Axel
Proballboy
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

Video Game Music (VGM) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Video Game Music (VGM)   Video Game Music (VGM) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 31 May 2014, 11:08 am

First topic message reminder :

I don't think anyone has done this yet, so I'm gonna start it. Post video game music (vgm) that you like.

(Also, when I searched that today I found this)

Smooth uploaded that 4 days ago. lolz

Probably one of, if not the best soundtrack in Mario Kart 64. Something about it is just magical, driving in space seeing the faces of characters and listening to the music blends quite nicely.

Edit: Catching up on some of the stuff Smooth did, and I'm shocked at this one.

Just.. wow.

Anyway, I'm interested in seeing what people post. Smile

NOTE: THIS WILL MOST LIKELY STIMULATE YOUR MEMORIES OF PLAYING GAMES BACK IN THE DAY. IF YOU FEEL ANY NOSTALGIA PLEASE CALL 1-800-SOH-APPY.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Axel
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Axel

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music (VGM)   Video Game Music (VGM) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 29 Aug 2014, 7:32 pm

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt9ez6CnUQCFEUnxeBGlR9w

All you need.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Draco
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Lord_Draco

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music (VGM)   Video Game Music (VGM) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 29 Aug 2014, 9:00 pm

Axel wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt9ez6CnUQCFEUnxeBGlR9w

All you need.

Boo, no music from the Tales series.
Back to top Go down
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend
EpicJK2

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music (VGM)   Video Game Music (VGM) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 29 Aug 2014, 11:08 pm

On a side note, is Tales of Xillia 2 any good? I've played Tales of Grace F and Tales of Symphonia and I couldn't really get into either games.

Edit: Added boss music from one my favourite RPGs

Back to top Go down
LiQuid

LiQuid

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music (VGM)   Video Game Music (VGM) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Aug 2014, 3:10 am

There is so much I could post here, I love game music. But my favorite music would have to be of my favorite game series: Metal Gear Solid. This is one of the Playstation 1. The "original" 3D Metal Gear Solid. One of my very first video games.

Back to top Go down
Angelis

Angelis

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music (VGM)   Video Game Music (VGM) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Aug 2014, 4:12 am

My favorite Razz

Back to top Go down
Alex
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music (VGM)   Video Game Music (VGM) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Aug 2014, 8:02 am

Cant say if this can be categorized as a video game music but here's 2 of my favourites..

Btw its midi tracks in case anyone wonders.

And

Back to top Go down
Danek

Danek

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music (VGM)   Video Game Music (VGM) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Aug 2014, 8:25 am

Back to top Go down
Lord_Draco
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Lord_Draco

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music (VGM)   Video Game Music (VGM) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Aug 2014, 10:49 am

EpicJK2 wrote:
On a side note, is Tales of Xillia 2 any good? I've played Tales of Grace F and Tales of Symphonia and I couldn't really get into either games.

I find it to be very good. The story is significantly better than Graces F, and the battle system is significantly better than Symphonia. I find Symphonia's story to be rather solid, if only slightly less anvilicious than Graces F's story. The Xillia games have a darker story, especially Xillia 2.

The first Xillia's battle system was already amazingly better than Symphonia's and Graces F's, but then Xillia 2 largely improved upon that. Better control over attacks, the ability to do sidesteps like in Graces F (Xillia 1 had a skill that allowed you to sidestep while doing a normal attack, but it's not quite as good).

Though as with all Tales games (and generally any RPG), it takes a bit of time before you begin to truly notice the depth of the battle mechanics, since you are so limited at the start. Also, one thing that really helps is that there's 9 party members in Xillia 2, and they ALL play uniquely. (This is me saying you should give Symphonia and Graces F another shot)

But all in all, I do recommend both of the Xillia games. They're both really good, probably the best since Vesperia.
Back to top Go down
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend
EpicJK2

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music (VGM)   Video Game Music (VGM) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Aug 2014, 11:07 am

Awesome, I will give it a try, do I need to play the first Xillia before #2 for the story or can I just jump straight into #2? I really liked the start of Grace F it felt like it was building up to something but then it went kind of stale and the dungeon parts of it weren't all too interesting to explore. Symphonia had a good story too but I just got put off my the combat.

Edit: Adding the best music to any RPG I've played IMO for the context when you play it, also the RPG itself is awesome.

Back to top Go down
Lord_Draco
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Lord_Draco

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music (VGM)   Video Game Music (VGM) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Aug 2014, 6:11 pm

EpicJK2 wrote:
Awesome, I will give it a try, do I need to play the first Xillia before #2 for the story or can I just jump straight into #2? I really liked the start of Grace F it felt like it was building up to something but then it went kind of stale and the dungeon parts of it weren't all too interesting to explore. Symphonia had a good story too but I just got put off my the combat.

Symphonia's combat picks up later. It also helps to play with other characters too. If you're not set to manual control (as opposed to semi-auto, which the game starts you on), the combat is just flat out more boring, because you can use certain attacks in different ways, such as using Tempest to jump over enemies. Sadly, without free run, the battle system is limited. That said, the characters do learn some interesting attacks.

Graces F's dungeons suck. They all are really blah and not fun to wander at all. Some of them *shakes fist at Ghardia Shaft* have a really annoying and tedious puzzle to solve. It's the combat that kept me playing through the game. The combat, despite being spammy as hell, is quite fun. You get some interesting attacks to use.

As far as Xillia goes. I heavily recommend playing the first one. There's stuff that you learn in the first game that will make things in Xillia 2 easier to understand. Also, Xillia 2 is way harder than the first game, so it's a good starting point. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend
EpicJK2

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music (VGM)   Video Game Music (VGM) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Sep 2014, 9:13 am

Can't believe I forgot this one, one of my all time favourite game music:

Back to top Go down
LiQuid

LiQuid

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music (VGM)   Video Game Music (VGM) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Sep 2014, 3:10 am

There we go EpicJK2 ! My second favorite game ever. I actually own the soundtrack cd of Snake Eater, it's worth a fortune ! MGS 1 is my favorite, the soundtrack is just perfect ! I'll post another one !

Back to top Go down
LiQuid

LiQuid

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music (VGM)   Video Game Music (VGM) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Sep 2014, 3:15 am

And how can I forget this one ! Pokemon Silver is also one of my favorites , I played it all day, with my cousin, we'd just get together and play it outside and battle each other. Start over when we beat everything. Great times !

Back to top Go down
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend
EpicJK2

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music (VGM)   Video Game Music (VGM) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Sep 2014, 4:31 am

Yeah I love all the MGS games. You'll probably dislike me for this but MGS2 was my favourite with 3 a close second. I loved the way the story got weirder and weirder as you played through it and the boss battles were great.
Back to top Go down
LiQuid

LiQuid

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music (VGM)   Video Game Music (VGM) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Sep 2014, 4:55 am

Hahaha well I actually have nothing against MGS2. It's part of my childhood, yeah Raiden fly a kite sucks, but the gameplay was great. Story was also great, maybe not as good as the others, but still ... There was some weird stuff in it I agree hahaha, the arsenal gear part hahahah I couldn't believe it. The boss battles were also great. I don't know If you ever played mgs 4 but that one made me shed tears, with the flashback part to MGS1 , just perfect man.

Here is a picture of the MGS games I own. Still looking for MGS3 Substance, the original MSX Metal Gear 1 and 2 and Twin Snakes (MGS1 remake with MGS2 engine) but they are so expensive. The psp ones were great to ! Ac!d is some weird shit too man hahaha, with the japanese girls and 3D glasses haha. Man I love those games ! And never play the NES Metal Gear haha go for the original MSX version Wink

Video Game Music (VGM) - Page 2 MGS_COL
Back to top Go down
LiQuid

LiQuid

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music (VGM)   Video Game Music (VGM) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Sep 2014, 5:25 am

PS: The GameBoy Color MGS is not in the picture,but I do own it Wink
Back to top Go down
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend
EpicJK2

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music (VGM)   Video Game Music (VGM) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Sep 2014, 5:36 am

Lol that's an awesome collection. I have completed MGS4 but I can't remember it! Yeah the MGS2 thing with Otoacon's sister or cousin(?) and the crazy super human terrorist bosses and then it all being A.I as your trying to play it. Was awesome.
Back to top Go down
LiQuid

LiQuid

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music (VGM)   Video Game Music (VGM) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Sep 2014, 7:44 am

Hahaha yeah it was pretty weird. But still a great game, I understand why they put in Raiden, but they he looked like a joke, Kojima knows how to be controversial ! He makes these E3 trailers and all that stuff all about Snake and the tank chapter, but when you play the game, it's like 1 hour Snake Tank chapter intro, and the rest of the game is Raiden ... When I first played the Newest one, the prologue to Phantom Pain (Ground Zeroes) , I was so mad ... They hired a new voice actor for Snake... My whole childhood ruined ! It's Big Boss of course, but they always used the same actor for Naked Snake and Solid Snake because Solid is a clone.

And guess where my name comes from Wink !
Back to top Go down
Proballboy

Proballboy

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music (VGM)   Video Game Music (VGM) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Sep 2014, 7:52 am

The first MGS is and will always be my favorite game of all time.

Back to top Go down
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend
EpicJK2

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music (VGM)   Video Game Music (VGM) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Sep 2014, 8:03 am

Yeah it was hilarious in MGS3 where Big Boss started off with a Raiden mask. I was pissed off too, David Hayter IS Snake, his voice was perfect for the role. I haven't played the new game but I have no idea why they changed voice actors.
Back to top Go down
Danek

Danek

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music (VGM)   Video Game Music (VGM) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Sep 2014, 10:50 am

I love Kiefer Sutherland, but he will never ever be the true Big Boss/Snake!
Back to top Go down
Haydrix

Haydrix

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music (VGM)   Video Game Music (VGM) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Sep 2014, 12:37 pm

LiQuid wrote:
And guess where my name comes from Wink !
LIQUIIIIIIID!
Back to top Go down
LiQuid

LiQuid

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music (VGM)   Video Game Music (VGM) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Sep 2014, 3:31 am

Proballboy wrote:
The first MGS is and will always be my favorite game of all time.

Exactly ! If you have played the first MGS in your young days, and it's not your favorite game ever , there is something wrong with you ;D ! I can't count how many times I have finished it ! After 3 times you get the Tuxedo , but I must have finished it about 15 times !

And yeah In the third Big Boss wears a Raiden/Raikov mask , if you have selected 'I ike MGS2' in the menu. But I selected MGS1 back then, so I missed that shocking moment hahaha Very Happy

The new game is good, the engine is fantastic, probably the most realistic engine I have ever played. They changed voice actors because Hideo didn't think David was up to the face motion capture, Kiefer was. Hayter is the real Snake/Big Boss , really a shame to change it after all those years , he must have been the voice actor fo about 16 years, ( since the MSX versions didn't have no voice :p )
Back to top Go down
Proballboy

Proballboy

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music (VGM)   Video Game Music (VGM) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Sep 2014, 1:10 pm

I have it and beat it so many times I can't even count! Honestly after playing the 2nd one I never continued the series because I heard so many bad things about it. I might pick some up later in my life but right now I don't really feel it.
Back to top Go down
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend
EpicJK2

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music (VGM)   Video Game Music (VGM) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Sep 2014, 7:42 pm

If you're an MGS fan you have to play MGS3 at some point. It's arguably one of the best of the series and it's awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music (VGM)   Video Game Music (VGM) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Video Game Music (VGM)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next