)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

Mod suggestions

Go down 
+4
EpicJK2
Vader
KingYodah
Kameleon
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Kameleon

Mod suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions Icon_minitimeFri 29 May 2015, 6:56 pm

Hello everyone Smile

I am currently re-writing my (1.02) mod for 1.04, which is already a big improvement over the old version ^_^ I'd also like to mention that once the mod have been released for all versions of JK2 (Whenever it might be released, no clue about when exactly, since I'd like to have it ported to the other versions first too), the mod will be OpenSource, for those interested in reading through how the mod works etc. Smile

While I kinda have an ideĆ” about what I personally want in the mod, but I would very much like to hear what you, the players who would, maybe, end up using the mod in the future, which features would you like to see in a mod? Very Happy

This could be anything from new commands, new gamemodes (Such as e.g. InstaGib), other features, etc. Smile Maybe even just commands from e.g. DcMod which you would love to see/keep in a new mod too ^^ Could be anything Very Happy

I hope to see a few suggestions Smile

Best regards
Kameleon
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

Mod suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions Icon_minitimeFri 29 May 2015, 8:29 pm

Even if i would surely understand 0,5% of the code since im rather end user than programmer lol (and still i didnt study IT heh) i would risk looking on the code lol

Instagib/LMS, Jedi Master (this one id like to play sometimes again too, notify me then xd)...
lol and in twifire we had command .. i dont remember.. lets name it amstun1 (electric effect on a player) and amstun2 (same as amstun1 but large knockback in addition and maybe minor damage), i miss those ^^

Dunno what/if can remember more
Back to top Go down
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

Mod suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions Icon_minitimeSat 30 May 2015, 1:23 am

Would be interesting to see what you've got so far. ^^
Back to top Go down
Kameleon

Mod suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions Icon_minitimeSat 30 May 2015, 4:32 am

Vader wrote:
Instagib/LMS
Already have an InstaGib mode, might add LMS too at some point ^_^

Vader wrote:
Would be interesting to see what you've got so far. ^^
Please note that the mod is still what I would call the "Alpha" state. There is still new things being added frequently, bugs being fixed, so this is in no way a finished overview or anything Smile

If there is a feature you'd like to see which is not already on this list, then feel free to suggest it! ^_^

I decided to write two "Quick overviews", as well as adding the full changelogs for both the clientside and serverside, for those interested in reading it in more detail. Very Happy

Quick otherview :: Serverside:
- Fixes for many/most JK2 bugs.
- Universal Trigger System (Similar to that of DcMod)
- Re-vamped duel system, which also includes force duels (Full Force), as well as a private 1on1 FFA mode. It also have a duel phasing feature, which means that you simply walk through people you are not dueling while in a duel; players with the clientside won't feel any collision with other players, or even see them for that matter.
- Modern emote system, which features e.g. walkable emotes.
- InstaGib (Might add Last Man Standing too at some point).
- Classic login style, though with dynamic admin levels, as well as an account based admin system.
- Common admin commands that you would find in most mods.
-> Admin commands for in-game admin account management / Never having to leave the game to modify admin accounts.
-> Admin commands for in-game map modding, which includes both simple and userfriendly commands, as well as a command to do more advanced stuff (Guys like Abrum could probably have quite a bit of fun with that one).
-> Admin commands for team management, e.g. being able to lock certain teams, shuffle teams.
- Lame protection (Can be enabled/disabled via a cVar).
- Chat protection (Can be enabled/disabled via a cVar).
- Etc.

Quick otherview :: Clientside:
- Custom hilt system.
- RGB Saber system.
- Speedometer.
- Duel invisibility.
- In-game clock.
- cVar's to disable duel music and duel glow.
- In-game serverlist.
- Clientside visual effects for optional "Terminator powers" on the serverside, e.g. cloaking in the style of singleplayer Shadowtroopers, flamethrower, etc.

Full (Current) Serverside Changelog
Serverside Changelog:

Full (Current) Clientside Changelog
Clientside Changelog:
Back to top Go down
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

Mod suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions Icon_minitimeSat 30 May 2015, 4:59 am

Looks interesting so far. Can't really think of anything to add off hand, would have to think about it.

Edit: I'm glad you've incorporated modding. If we were to ever use this mod (which no one else has posted anything yet :< ) then I'm sure this alone will bring some activity to the server.
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

Mod suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions Icon_minitimeSat 30 May 2015, 5:38 am

I wrote instagib/LMS not Vad Razz

Kameleon wrote:
Please note that the mod is still what I would call the "Alpha" state. There is still new things being added frequently, bugs being fixed, so this is in no way a finished overview or anything Smile
Beta beta beta beta xD
The modding might be interesting, I was modding often and a lot in AoF xD, but since then nothing, but anyway, it doesn't sound bad

What would you say about two sabers? Not double, but two. Would be obtainable after admin command only. Bad/Good idea? Doable/Not doable?
Back to top Go down
Kameleon

Mod suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions Icon_minitimeSat 30 May 2015, 6:20 am

KingYodah wrote:
I wrote instagib/LMS not Vad Razz
Beta beta beta beta xD
The modding might be interesting, I was modding often and a lot in AoF xD, but since then nothing, but anyway, it doesn't sound bad

What would you say about two sabers? Not double, but two. Would be obtainable after admin command only. Bad/Good idea? Doable/Not doable?
Apparently messed up the quote xD

- Being able to do more advanced things can be quite interesting Smile On the yavin_temple on my 1.02 server we have toggleable elevators (They don't automatically go back down/up until toggled again), a button to lock the temple actual temple door (Rather than e.g. putting a func_train in front of it like on Abrum's temple), and other things like that ^_^

- Although I probably could find a way to add "Twin Saber" feature, I am most likely not going to add that, but thanks for the suggestion nonetheless! Smile
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

Mod suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions Icon_minitimeSat 30 May 2015, 7:42 am

I was messing a lot with various triggers in twifire lol (adding/removing hp or even kill, teleport, giving you things and such)
Back to top Go down
Kameleon

Mod suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions Icon_minitimeMon 08 Jun 2015, 7:37 am

Thought I'd give a small update, since quite a few things have been added to the serverside since last I posted the changelog Smile

Most of the new updates are map modding related, as well as some other commands like the amresurrect (Pretty much identical to amfreshvictimsformyevergrowingarmyoftheundead), then I added a News feature and a MOTD feature, as well as the Last Man Standing gamemode Smile

KaMod 1.04 Edition :: Serverside Changelog:
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

Mod suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions Icon_minitimeMon 08 Jun 2015, 7:42 am

Kameleon wrote:
Added the AMGARLIC client command, for those who does not want to be kissed
Andy will love this beyond reason lol

Kameleon wrote:
Added the AMREDPILL admin command
Wth AMREDPILL does? And AMBALOON and such ?
Back to top Go down
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

Mod suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions Icon_minitimeMon 08 Jun 2015, 8:12 am

I'm assuming a Matrix reference. As for the balloon you just float like a balloon. lol (can do it in dcmod)
I actually forgot about this topic, I'll try to think of something (though it seems like a lot of it is there).
Back to top Go down
Kameleon

Mod suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions Icon_minitimeMon 08 Jun 2015, 8:47 am

Vader wrote:
I'm assuming a Matrix reference. As for the balloon you just float like a balloon. lol (can do it in dcmod)
I actually forgot about this topic, I'll try to think of something (though it seems like a lot of it is there).
It was indeed meant to be a reference to The Matrix Very Happy Could have just called it "amdodge" or something similar, but I liked the other name better Very Happy And yes, the balloon command is kind of like a mix of sleep and silence, with the addition of making the target float ^^ In other mods such command is usually called "ampunish", but I thought balloon made more sense Smile

- Sounds great! ^_^ I will read every suggestion with great interest Very Happy But yeah, there is already quite a few features; kinda mixing features and commands similar to those I liked in other mods, with the addition of some new ones, in order to create a nice package with a little of everything for everyone Smile
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

Mod suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions Icon_minitimeMon 08 Jun 2015, 8:58 am

Is there something like.. amimitate (we had similar in twifire, forgot name)? To spawn non-solid copy of you in whatever position you just were
Back to top Go down
Kameleon

Mod suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2015, 10:23 pm

Not yet no, though such command have been on my to-do list for quite a while Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kameleon

Mod suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jul 2015, 11:48 pm

Not trying to double post, but since there are some people interested in this project I thought I'd share the latest changelog Smile

Simple overview of the latest changes:
- Added an in-game trigger management system, which allows you to add, remove, edit, list, clear, and save the universal triggers without having to leave the game.
- An account based scoretracking system, which currently tracks kills, deaths (Excluding suicides), flag captures, flag returns, private wins (i.e. duels, ff, and private ffa wins), and private losses. I might split those into e.g. Duel wins, FF wins, etc, but I am not sure about that. What do you think?
- Client commands to register your own account (Depending on the server settings), disable your account, and change the password of your account.
- Cleaned the mod big time, which both makes thing easier for me regarding developing, but which will also possibly avoid future "random" issues.
- Added a few minor admin commands (Illusion, which creates a solid copy/illusion of the target, and Invisible, which makes the target invisible, even against seeing), and made it possible to also add lights with the AMADD command.

KaMod JK2 1.04 Edition :: Full Serverside Changelog:
Back to top Go down
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend
EpicJK2

Mod suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jul 2015, 11:54 pm

I like the idea of it recording duel wins and losses. Could there be a server side 'scoreboard' with the top win\loss ratios? I'm not sure if it would be a great idea because people could just fake wins\losses pretty easily to get to the top, but with so few people around I doubt it would be a problem at first.
Back to top Go down
Kameleon

Mod suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2015, 12:43 am

EpicJK2 wrote:
I like the idea of it recording duel wins and losses. Could there be a server side 'scoreboard' with the top win\loss ratios? I'm not sure if it would be a great idea because people could just fake wins\losses pretty easily to get to the top, but with so few people around I doubt it would be a problem at first.
Hmm, not too sure about how I'd pull off that kind of scoreboard, but the idƩa is interesting enough Very Happy I will write it down, but I can't promise it will become a reality Smile

With the "AMSCORETRACKER" command you can both start tracking, reset your stats, disable tracking (This resets the stats too), display stats to yourself, and also broadcast your current stats to all players, so you can at least compare stats with others, without a scoreboard, if I don't end up making that Smile

Also, the scoretracker doesn't track bot kills, so at least players can't just farm bots to increase their stats Very Happy

As told, it is an account based scoretracking system, which means you must have an account on the server in order to use it, so depending on what server settings you end up using it might not be availble to everyone. There is a cVar to auto accept new accounts when they are created; otherwise an admin would need to activate it. Then you could also just set the triggers for e.g. training to be level 2+, rather than level 1+ as you have now, so that members would be level 2, and registered guests would be level 1, if you would want to make it availble to all players, otherwise you can simply choose not to disable the auto accept of the accounts, and let it be a members-only command in that way. As told, it all depends on the server settings Smile

I might split the private wins/losses into duel/ff/ffa wins/losses, since they are obviously quite different in the way they are played; would make more sense too I guess Very Happy
Back to top Go down
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend
EpicJK2

Mod suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2015, 1:48 am

Ok cool, that sounds good Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

Mod suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul 2015, 1:02 am

Well and you just can be dcengageduel bots till infinity and you have top score xD

The score tracking system is interesting, and I could always disable tracking scores for myself since having fun tracked may not be very funny xD. But still interesting. Lot of games have it (CoD K/D ratio, Minecraft tracks billion of things actually, even how many meters you crouched.. lol)
Back to top Go down
Kameleon

Mod suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul 2015, 1:11 am

The scoretracker ignores bot kills Wink
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

Mod suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul 2015, 4:31 am

Ah you have flag for it, would I forget lol
Back to top Go down
Kameleon

Mod suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions Icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2015, 9:02 am

It've been a while since I posted any updates here, so I figured now was the time Very Happy

Quick overview of the latest additions:
- Expanded what the scoretracker is tracking; it now tracks duel, ff, and ffa seperately.
- Added a "Use" animation / your hand now stretches forward when you use e.g. buttons, which was something I missed from Singleplayer.
- Added a counter to the private FFA mode, to be able to determine a winner of the mode, as well as making it possible to set an optional score limit for the match.
- A few other minor fixes and tweaks here and there ^_^

Changelog - Serverside:
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

Mod suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions Icon_minitimeWed 30 Sep 2015, 3:34 am

I dont know if it is included. But I was thinking what to add, we had it in twifire, /ampassvote, /amcallvote, /amunpassvote or so. But in a way that if poll is successful (depending on poll question) it changes map or gamemode, e.g. /amcallvote ctf_bespin_0regen with /ampassvote if poll result is clear enough or no one adding/changing votes.
Do you have it there Kam?
Back to top Go down
Kameleon

Mod suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions Icon_minitimeWed 30 Sep 2015, 8:43 am

KingYodah wrote:
I dont know if it is included. But I was thinking what to add, we had it in twifire, /ampassvote, /amcallvote, /amunpassvote or so. But in a way that if poll is successful (depending on poll question) it changes map or gamemode, e.g. /amcallvote ctf_bespin_0regen with /ampassvote if poll result is clear enough or no one adding/changing votes.
Do you have it there Kam?
I do have "vote control" on my to-do list, though it was mainly meant to be a cVar to enable/disable voting on specific things (e.g. if you want to allow map votes, but disallow kick votes), and then with an admin command to change the settings of the cVar temporarily, but I might add more to it eventually. Smile

They will not be able to vote on configs though, as that wouldn't make much sense, e.g. the ctf_bespin_0regen thing you mentioned ^^ With my mod you don't have to execute configs to change the maps with regards to the triggers; it is default set to cleary current triggers on map change, and then load map specific triggers from a config, e.g. Config/Triggers/ffa_bespin.cfg, all done automatically by the mod when you do e.g. /amremote map ffa_bespin, unless you disable the auto exec feature of course Very Happy

I do have an admin command called "ampoll" though, which allows admins with the permission to throw non-executive polls for people to vote on, e.g. "/ampoll Do you want to play InstaGib?" Smile
Back to top Go down
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Battledroidlover

Mod suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions Icon_minitimeWed 30 Sep 2015, 8:53 am

Wait so are we putting this on the server ? Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mod suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mod suggestions
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next