)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

Mod suggestions

Go down 
+4
EpicJK2
Vader
KingYodah
Kameleon
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Kameleon

Mod suggestions - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 29 May 2015, 6:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello everyone Smile

I am currently re-writing my (1.02) mod for 1.04, which is already a big improvement over the old version ^_^ I'd also like to mention that once the mod have been released for all versions of JK2 (Whenever it might be released, no clue about when exactly, since I'd like to have it ported to the other versions first too), the mod will be OpenSource, for those interested in reading through how the mod works etc. Smile

While I kinda have an ideĆ” about what I personally want in the mod, but I would very much like to hear what you, the players who would, maybe, end up using the mod in the future, which features would you like to see in a mod? Very Happy

This could be anything from new commands, new gamemodes (Such as e.g. InstaGib), other features, etc. Smile Maybe even just commands from e.g. DcMod which you would love to see/keep in a new mod too ^^ Could be anything Very Happy

I hope to see a few suggestions Smile

Best regards
Kameleon
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Kameleon

PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2015, 5:52 am

KingYodah wrote:
Isn't better just to rename them into name without tag? Because if people will be being kicked for this, it can happen that they won't be coming again to the server because they could think of this as an abuse. I know you can disable tag protection but still, is kicking off server that necessary?
Plus there is also that problem that member is wearing tags and may not be logged in.
When the mod renames the player, it is only on the serverside. On the clientside, their name will still be stored as whatever it was before, so if they where to reconnect, then they would still have the name with the tag, and then receive the tag protection message again. Smile That is why having them rename themselves would be the best option. Plus, it puts more pressure on fakers knowing that they will be kicked rather than just renamed Razz

If someone is faking my tag I personally wouldn't mind them getting kicked, if they don't change their name Smile I'd say 30 seconds to either log in or rename is more than enough time Smile

Regarding the members, then they should just log in; if it didn't require a log in, then there wouldn't be much point to the tag protection system? Very Happy In case of a returning player, who doesn't know the current password, then he could just rename until another member gets online Smile

Also, I doubt people will see it as "abuse", when there is a big message on their screen saying "Tag protection" Razz Then they'd know that they weren't kicked by a player, and other players on the server would see the message "has been kicked due to tag protection", so they wouldn't think of it as abuse either Smile

If you don't want tag protection on your server, then you can just disable the tag protection system Very Happy I know some servers prefer to have this sort of system enabled though, hence why it is an option in the mod ^_^
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2015, 8:06 am

Kameleon wrote:
having them rename themselves would be the best option
It is certainly
Kameleon wrote:
Also, I doubt people will see it as "abuse", when there is a big message on their screen saying "Tag protection"
I didn't mean the message as abuse but the kicking, I wanted to be sure it is not excessively strict ^_^
Kameleon wrote:

Then they'd know that they weren't kicked by a player, and other players on the server would see the message "has been kicked due to tag protection", so they wouldn't think of it as abuse either Smile
Just as with banning, if you warn someone and he/she doesn't listen, this should be safe too. But still, I was also thinking of that if someone puts on tag despite not being a member, I wanted to be sure it won't be taken with excessive strictness, when it is meant e.g. for fun or it is rather harmless teasing Razz

I still like your ideas and effort Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kameleon

PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2015, 8:37 am

Quick overview of the latest serverside changes:
- Added commands that allows you to spawn weapons and items, if you have cheat access
- Fixed "emote kicking".
- Fixed a bug that caused a weapon related issues on the clientside while being cloaked.

Full serverside changelog:

Quick overview of the latest clientside changes:
- Updated the "Optic Radar" with a beautiful new texture by Boothand.
- Added a command that lets you see the clientside credits, client commands, and all new cVars in the console.
- If you have the bacta indicator enabled, then it will now also show up on your HUD, rather than just on your hip, as some models is too ... fluffy ... for the hip version.

Full clientside changelog:

The new design for the "Optic Radar", made by Boothand, inspired by Darth Maul's binocular design:
Mod suggestions - Page 3 Shot0010
Back to top Go down
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2015, 2:57 pm

No emote kicking woo!
The binoculars look great too. Smile
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 31 Dec 2015, 5:15 am

I want to be bounty hunter with those goggles Very Happy
Kameleon wrote:
as some models is too ... fluffy ... for the hip version
Wink
Back to top Go down
Kameleon

PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 31 Dec 2015, 11:29 am

I rarely post updates when there is only a single new addition, but this one is cool enough to get its own post Very Happy

Quick overview of the latest clientside changes:
- Implemented Tr!force's "Mini Keyboard Display", which can be very useful for teaching players how to e.g. strafe jump, do dfa's, and so on. Only works on servers that use a serverside mod that supports it though, e.g. KaMod.

Full clientside changelog:

- Added support for the mini keyboard.

Mod suggestions - Page 3 Shot0011
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 31 Dec 2015, 11:44 am

If that tells me more how to strafe like Rachel, then .. xD looks nice and interesting ^^

Dunno, but wouldn't it be better if mini display parts were rather in column on the side? At least to me it may feel more comfortable when it doesn't stretch into screen. What about WASD indicators there too? Or, instead of arrow keys, because dunno who would play this kind of game with arrow keys. What you think? Or does it show e.g. Up key regardless whether you press W or Up?

Last edited by KingYodah on Thu 31 Dec 2015, 11:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kameleon

PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 31 Dec 2015, 11:49 am

KingYodah wrote:
What about WASD indicators there too? What you think? I had a thought that it might be useful but dunno what you think.
The arrow keys just means "Direction" keys Smile They react to whichever keys you prefer to use to move around, so if you, like most people, use WASD, then they will work with those too Smile
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 31 Dec 2015, 11:52 am

Just edited my post, right during you posting lol
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jan 2016, 11:40 am

I actually have an idea, for TFFA/CTF/CTY/Instagib (whatever else team modes are here), but let's say we play CTF and teams are 4 vs 8 e.g., so uneven balance, would it be possible to make an auto-balance thingy like that one I know from CoD where server autobalances teams 15 seconds after a player joins and uneven balance happens (at least I think that's how it works, if player doesn't click auto-team)? What you think? Player skills can't be that easily auto-balanced and it is more or less on players' good will but player count might.
Back to top Go down
fau

fau

PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jan 2016, 1:15 am

There is such thing, called g_teamForceBalance (although it doesn't shuffle players, just prevents them from joining bigger team)
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jan 2016, 2:16 am

Kameleon told me that but I didn't think of that, and I also didn't mean players who are already playing to prevent them from joining bigger team but also those who are just connecting. Just like it is in CoD where servers frequently check teams and autobalance them. In case of our team modes it would take random players rather from bottom half of bigger team and put them to smaller team (at least I thought that's CoD model).
Back to top Go down
fau

fau

PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jan 2016, 2:27 am

It works for connecting players too (althought it allows for spread of 2, rather than 1). The problem is when some players exit the game and leave team imbalanced. Auto balancing is good for round-based modes or high-volume mainstream games where mp is basically there because devs were too lazy to write decent bots =) In JK2 players would appreciate /callvote balance or /callvote shuffle I think, nobody likes being thrown around without a notice.
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jan 2016, 3:09 am

In CoD, server always prints messages, first that in 1 minute teams will be autobalanced, another message appears 15 seconds before autobalance. I suggested same here. /callvote could bring negative result hence I would prefer autobalance with players being warned beforehand. Plus it would be (should be I think) on admins if they want to have this cvar enabled. So far it is just on players' good will to autobalance teams so I think having fair teams at least count-wise would be cool.
Back to top Go down
Kameleon

PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2016, 9:25 pm

KingYodah wrote:
In CoD, server always prints messages, first that in 1 minute teams will be autobalanced, another message appears 15 seconds before autobalance. I suggested same here. /callvote could bring negative result hence I would prefer autobalance with players being warned beforehand. Plus it would be (should be I think) on admins if they want to have this cvar enabled. So far it is just on players' good will to autobalance teams so I think having fair teams at least count-wise would be cool.
Haven't had time to work on the mod lately due to my studies, but I've added this to my to-do-list Smile
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2016, 11:29 pm

It's okay, I thought you were busy with stuff, so wb and see you again ^.^
Back to top Go down
Kameleon

PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr 2016, 8:26 pm

Haven't had time to work on the balance feature, but I added a few new gamemodes, one of which I think many people will enjoy Smile

- Added a "Gun Game" / "Arms Race" gamemode.
- Added a "Terminator" gamemode.
- Added a flag that you can use to tell the clientside whether or not you want a physical jetpack on your back as Terminator, in case you are using a model that has a jetpack already, e.g. Boba Fett models.
- Fixed a bug in the admin management command, and rewrote certain parts of it.

Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Aug 2016, 9:13 am

Today I accidentally pressed ALT+ENTER, it switched into full screen mode and when I was pressing ALT+ENTER to get back, it wasn't letting me. Well, sorta, because, imagine screen divided into 4 quadrants. 3 of them were entirely black and 4th bottom left was the game. Weird was also that I struggled a while to get out of full screen even after restarting the game entirely, and what's more, Windows Basic (the color theme etc) was turned on from some reason. Only after all this I managed to get back to normal Windows mode and minimized game window.
I reckon there is something buggy which needs to be looked at I guess..
Back to top Go down
Kameleon

PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Aug 2016, 4:32 pm

Not something I can fix in my qvm mod, sorry :/
Back to top Go down
fau

fau

PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Aug 2016, 1:15 am

This is JK2MV issue and to be precise an underlying library (SDL2) or hardware/OS. I don't think we can do anything about it, just type vid_restart when it happens like you had to do in original client.
Back to top Go down
Kameleon

PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Dec 2016, 5:23 am

I've been very busy with school this year, but I intend to work extra hard on my mod in the upcoming year Smile Remember that you can still leave suggestions Very Happy I hope that I am either able to finish the mod this year, or at the very least release a beta version, as aside from a few features, I mainly need a lot of bug testing and feedback on the features, and the best way to get that is to let people play with the mod I think Smile
Back to top Go down
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Dec 2016, 6:54 am

Good to hear from you Kam ! I'm sure people are willing to test things out xP If I ever have time I'd be willing to help as well ! Smile
Back to top Go down
ShadowPC56579

ShadowPC56579

PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jan 2017, 2:41 pm

JK2 Hardcore deathmatch mode.
1 hit kills and 1 life only.
Back to top Go down
Kameleon

PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jan 2017, 10:07 pm

Shadow, for that you could just make a custom Last Man Standing mode with a kill limit of 1 and adjust the cvar that handles damage velocity Very Happy So no extra work for me on this one >Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ShadowPC56579

ShadowPC56579

PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2017, 5:02 am

When a player dies he must be sent to spectator mode for the rest of the mode.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mod suggestions   Mod suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mod suggestions
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next