)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

I'm done.

Go down 
+16
Lelouch
josh.
fau
Meanie.
Lucifer
Xasomur
Lord_Draco
Igrom
KingYodah
EpicJK2
Raincerous
Kameleon
Vader
Danek
Zelah
Miso
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Miso

Miso

I'm done. Empty
PostSubject: I'm done.   I'm done. Icon_minitimeWed 24 Aug 2016, 1:37 pm

More & more as time goes on, I've leaned toward this decision. And something in the back of my mind always tells me to calm down, but I can't keep calm anymore.
This 1.04 "community" we have now is literally the worst thing that has happened in jk2, and I want no part of it anymore.

I don't think I will ever be separated from the JK community, but gone are the days of me playing almost daily. There's no point to joining force servers that just consist of basically 2 year olds crying to eachother about who is better at force fighting (Not to mention the constant lying of people using jkbot). Who honestly thinks it's fun to join a server only to read this?

**Stupid Conversation Warning**

Spoiler:

Are these people seriously THIS bored?

I'm not a force fighter. Never have been nor will I ever be one. I have no problem with force fighters since I've been playing with them that last couple of years.

I understand people like to play force and I respect what people enjoy playing. But this is just absolutely ridiculous what this community has come to.
We have people trying to lie about others in hopes to destroy their reputation. There's no trust in anybody. Sure, you can argue and say that these behaviors have always been in part of JK2, but when you have a community that is THIS SMALL now, there's no escaping it. It's everywhere and you are a part of it as much as you wish you weren't. Your actions affect everybody that plays the game. Case closed.

I will still probably check the activity via JK2/JKA browser by Grenixal, but like I said, there's no point anymore. The only times I will decide to go on JK2 is one of the following:

* NF Tournament
* Someone I enjoy talking to / duel with
* Defrag on [DARK]JumpingServer

This game used to give me a nostalgic feeling reminding me what the old days are like, but those feelings are no longer present. I'd be much happier playing JKA than what this excuse of a community we have in 1.04, and that is REALLY saying something.

I really wish there was something we could do to fix this. I know quite a few people have tried with righteous efforts and great ideas, and nothing has worked. Some have worked, but only for a span of 2 weeks or so, then it went right back to where we are right now. It's all about force fighting dcmod1.2 and trash talking. I tried for so long to get old players to come back, but I can't say I blame them for leaving in the first place. Why would they want to come back to such a toxic environment? It's no wonder some made the move to JKA while they could.

So, this is where I must leave all of you. I'm sorry, but I can't continue this anymore. It's just not fun for me.

Shoutout to the following players. Some of the greatest people I've met in JK2 over the years (in alphabetical order)

(I'm sorry if I forgot anybody...it's truly hard to keep up with all these names after so many years)

**List of Players**
Spoiler:

If you want to contact, you can reach me by the following below. I play a few other games. And if you would still like to duel or whatever, I'd be down for that.

Steam - Jj.miso
Skype - lifecinemas
IRC   - #jk2

Cya~
Back to top Go down
Zelah

Zelah

I'm done. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm done.   I'm done. Icon_minitimeWed 24 Aug 2016, 1:42 pm

Stay around in some capacity please!! Even if it's just Epic's NF tournaments, we (I for sure) still want to see you around! Stay in touch <3 Smile
Back to top Go down
Danek

Danek

I'm done. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm done.   I'm done. Icon_minitimeWed 24 Aug 2016, 2:19 pm

It really hurts that I'm not listed as one of the players :'(
Back to top Go down
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

I'm done. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm done.   I'm done. Icon_minitimeWed 24 Aug 2016, 2:34 pm

Aw Miso. Well at least we'll see you sometimes. I've posted a few times that I was leaving jk2 as well. And the ffa community was one of the reasons too. Sometimes I'd just need to take a break from jk2 for a bit. Because I literally didn't feel like playing. Which was sad, because in a way I still wanted too. But yea, I'm sure you've been where I have. So we respect your decision. We still need to do red fights whenever you're on!
Back to top Go down
Kameleon

I'm done. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm done.   I'm done. Icon_minitimeWed 24 Aug 2016, 4:53 pm

How could you do forget me on your list? Surprised
Back to top Go down
Miso

Miso

I'm done. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm done.   I'm done. Icon_minitimeWed 24 Aug 2016, 5:42 pm

God damn I'm sorry Kameleon. You are definitely on there, as well as Danek. Sorry guys D: I know I am missing more too..
Back to top Go down
Raincerous
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept
Raincerous

I'm done. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm done.   I'm done. Icon_minitimeWed 24 Aug 2016, 6:37 pm

JK2 seriously needs a remake. It would perhaps be one of our best chances of re-expanding the games popularity and community.
Back to top Go down
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend
EpicJK2

I'm done. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm done.   I'm done. Icon_minitimeWed 24 Aug 2016, 8:28 pm

Sorry to see you go mate but It's good you'll still visit! I can fully understand your problems with JK2 and the word 'Toxic' is the key one. Over the last 2 years as people have left the game for whatever reasons, a big percentage of players who are still around are the toxic FFAers who literally have nothing better to do than spend their time in JK2 b*tching at each other constantly. It's even devolved into them DDOSing and Doxxing each other which goes way way way beyond what a multiplayer game like JK2 should be. And when they don't have anyone to fight or b*tch at, they gang random people or random groups of people including new players which sucks for the longevity of our game.

What can be done though? Turn all the popular servers into No Force for a period of time or something more extreme? I dunno, I doubt there is one good answer that will stop the toxicity and allow new players (Who there have been a lot of recently) to stick around and returning players to come back to a fun game and not a cesspit.
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

I'm done. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm done.   I'm done. Icon_minitimeWed 24 Aug 2016, 10:32 pm

I think we know very well what people fit for the definition of toxic environment. Many times I wished those people were gone forever because it was kind of a regularity I came to our server and instead of having fun I spent whole evening settling conflicts between people b*tching at each other or laming like Epic said, those moments I wanted to flip table and literally kick from server those people so we others can enjoy it there (I know it would on-the-edge decision but I really felt like it but never did it). Which is also why I don't like much playing on certain servers.

I learned what is true fun, friends and friendly environment. But, will they? Something is telling me they won't. But they won't prevent me from having my fun.

Miso I always enjoyed dueling with you or having little chat, I hope we will have many more duels or fun ^.^ Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Igrom

Igrom

I'm done. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm done.   I'm done. Icon_minitimeThu 25 Aug 2016, 12:31 am

Don't let the game become a commitment, Miso. I play like, once every three weeks. Fighting you is always enjoyable.

Which IRC server is that? You've only posted the channel.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Draco
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Lord_Draco

I'm done. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm done.   I'm done. Icon_minitimeThu 25 Aug 2016, 2:41 am

I remember dueling you. Was always fun. Very Happy

I say you should stick around, even if you don't play as frequently.
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

I'm done. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm done.   I'm done. Icon_minitimeThu 25 Aug 2016, 3:50 am

I can fully understand your decision Smile
Is there any game out there with a good community though? I think the problem with Jk2 is, that the player base is so small, that you are confronted with the same ppl over and over again, which makes confrontations very much more personal than they are in other games. In other games you meet a dumb player, you might even get into a fight with him, but once its over, its over. You either never see that guy again or you can just focus on so many other players - which you cant in jk2.
Jk2 also has alot of freedom in how you play the game. You can stand around and chat for hours. In many other games you're much more focused on the gameplay. This gives the opportunity to waste your time bantering and trolling way more than in other games.
A small player base and freedom on how you play the game can also be a plus. After all you gotta blame the players and not the game... and yes, jk2 has some butthurt people...
Back to top Go down
Lucifer
Legend
Legend
Lucifer

I'm done. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm done.   I'm done. Icon_minitimeThu 25 Aug 2016, 4:14 am

I can also understand your frustration, especially when people use cheats just to win. Thanks for all the memories Miso! we had so much fun trolling another in duels :>
Back to top Go down
Miso

Miso

I'm done. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm done.   I'm done. Icon_minitimeThu 25 Aug 2016, 5:31 am

I can definitely vouch and agree with all of you @Epic @Vader @Xasomur

@Igrom it's a Quakenet server

I enjoy dueling with all of you as well Smile
Back to top Go down
Meanie.

Meanie.

I'm done. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm done.   I'm done. Icon_minitimeThu 25 Aug 2016, 5:38 am

BYEEE MISA! Sad <3
Back to top Go down
fau

fau

I'm done. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm done.   I'm done. Icon_minitimeThu 25 Aug 2016, 9:31 am

Xasomur: Yes, there are games with better communities. Check out StarCraft (or QuakeWorld for similar-sized community). There are many others I heard of but haven't checked myself.

I'm not judging anybody, haven't played on SoL server or participated in the FFA community enough to have a right to do so, but let me post my take on the matter.
I think you need to actually play the game, this is what keeps gaming communities together and away from degenerating into some troll nests.

FFA is cool, unique and all, but what is it in the end? An anonymous internet chatroom where you have few extra options to humiliate and torment others (balanced by /amkiss… not really). Why would anyone choose it instead of anything else? All healthy real life and internet communities I know form around some activity. And I'm not saying this as someone disappointed by it like miso, there were pure FFA communities back in the days and they always puzzled me as much as they do nowadays. Played some duels and chatted a bit here and there but it was never the main thing for me. Maybe I just don't get it, but apparently I'm not alone.

What to do about it? Well if you really want to keep together as SoL in JK2 I'd advice actually playing the game in a semi-competitive form if you can enjoy it. I always compared my previous online gaming experiences to sport clubs I participated. I love duels but duelling is kinda hard on you, you need to be in a good mood to enjoy it and when you loose it's very rage-inducing. Team modes are where it's at imo.

Not sure what would be the best for you. Full force CTF (doesn't seem to work to me), CTF with weapons and force, maybe ysamaliri/jedi master? Or maybe you can make some other FF mode work in big team setting, 4v4 and more? I love NF TFFA but I noticed very advanced players enjoy it the most. It works very well in JKA though. Maybe even consider playing 1.02 CTF pickups or JKA? Or perhaps just keep your SoL clan going and play completely different game together, this is what quite a few oldschool JK2 clans I remember did. I care for all nice people here and in the community more than for some 15 year old game and I'm sure you do too.

Convert main SoL server or at least make another one and ask ppl to play there. Hopeless trolls can stay on FFA servers.

It really makes a difference. I've started playing JKA a bit recently (just because they play a lot of NF TFFA pickup games) and even though community is quite toxic it works. They play TFFA so there is not a whole lot of time to trashtalk in between the games and induce your negativity onto others. There are no ppl trying to DDOS servers down or destroy the fun for everyone else because what keeps even the worst trolls around is playing the game and trying to beat others/get better. Most people don't go around boasting how they are the best players ever all the time because there is ESL 1on1 league to settle it. Kinda reminds me the late days of 2000s JK2 1.04 NF glory. As I said, it's not great community, I don't have much love for it but the sole fact that they play the game and it's fun is what keeps it together.

You desperately need some idea what to do with your clan I feel. It would be a shame to let it go in such fashion. Hope I could help. If you have an idea that'd require a mod support I'm sure me or Kameleon, or someone else will be willing to help.
Back to top Go down
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend
EpicJK2

I'm done. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm done.   I'm done. Icon_minitimeThu 25 Aug 2016, 9:45 am

SoL is going fine, that isn't the issue here, it's the FFA crowd bringing everyone else in the whole game down.

SoL even after 7 years is still running well and gaining new members Smile.
Back to top Go down
fau

fau

I'm done. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm done.   I'm done. Icon_minitimeThu 25 Aug 2016, 10:03 am

Make a private server and share password sparingly? Doubt SoL is doing fine enough for it to work though.
Back to top Go down
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend
EpicJK2

I'm done. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm done.   I'm done. Icon_minitimeThu 25 Aug 2016, 10:08 am

Seems to be running well enough for us Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
fau

fau

I'm done. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm done.   I'm done. Icon_minitimeThu 25 Aug 2016, 10:09 am

I meant, would there be enough players to keep server active?
Back to top Go down
josh.

josh.

I'm done. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm done.   I'm done. Icon_minitimeThu 25 Aug 2016, 10:46 am

no more rodian kisses?Sad
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

I'm done. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm done.   I'm done. Icon_minitimeThu 25 Aug 2016, 10:49 am

We have enough people to keep server active ^.^. Epic means we experienced lot of feuds among FFA players especially those who cheat or devy vs "russians" and such. This is what irritates everyone here, no one has mood to play when it is poisoned by these ffa feuds.
Back to top Go down
Lelouch

I'm done. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm done.   I'm done. Icon_minitimeThu 25 Aug 2016, 4:23 pm

wow, seeing that list of people brings back a lot of memories haha
I haven't touched jk2 in forever, but sad to see you leave :'<

I don't really mind people anymore, I said/did a lot of insanely cringe worthy things and was probably just as savage as the ffa people if not worse, but I think the community is awesome and seeing people I haven't talked to in a long time is really cool.

but final thoughts;
ok scorp.
Back to top Go down
ExiDux

ExiDux

I'm done. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm done.   I'm done. Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2016, 1:28 am

I can fully understand Miso on this subject. The game its mood changed like hell compared to how it was in 2012. People are acting like a MOBA player base where people insult each-other, spam the insult-of-the-internet-day, bring politics into a damn game chat, and have to proof how much they rape you.

Yes, a game is about winning and getting the high score... But this unique game gave way to long lasting-unwritten rules of behaviour and a pseudo-social interaction. Most players are older people playing for much more than the average joe his or her winning streak. Also, there is no skill in using cheats, hacks, and anything resembling that.

And no mention ! I am as evil and sith as i imagined !

Back to top Go down
boss_master

I'm done. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm done.   I'm done. Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2016, 7:45 am

cant say that i ll miss you.
gl and dont come back
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I'm done. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm done.   I'm done. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm done.