)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

In the Spirit of Cooperation

Go down 
+10
Igrom
Danek
Angelis
Zelah
KingYodah
JoeKer
Reaver
devyyyy
EpicJK2
Leonardo
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Leonardo
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Leonardo

In the Spirit of Cooperation Empty
PostSubject: In the Spirit of Cooperation   In the Spirit of Cooperation Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jan 2019, 10:37 am

I've always believed in SoL and it's values. I don't want to diminish those in any way.

I also hate politics, it gets dicey and lines are drawn. Unfortunately, politics often hit close to home and affect us on a much grander scale.

I'm a patriot at times, and overly dramatic to boot, and because of that I've decided that I've stayed quiet long enough and I feel as though it's time to make an official statement.

This statement, and the document below, will likely alienate me and it's an unfortunate consequence of doing what I believe to be the right thing.

I can no longer continue to be associated with someone who frankly, demonstrates a lack of vision, an uncooperative demeanor, and just blatantly disrespectful.

My hope is that is you're in SoL now and disagree with what I present here today, that you understand in the future.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1o6cy9nbbsBPawz64bVxdAw2Wp_oBBf364JVzuCThyhg/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you very much.
Back to top Go down
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend
EpicJK2

PostSubject: Re: In the Spirit of Cooperation   In the Spirit of Cooperation Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jan 2019, 12:19 pm

Hey folks,

I realise it might be a bit weird for me to be posting here out of the blue, but I've been following these recent events. So after reading through the Jakat topic and Leo's document I kind of felt like posting my two cents.

I don't think anyone can argue Yodah's commitment to SoL over the years, he really has done a lot of work for the clan when it comes to the website and admin work. And he has always been active.

However, his attitude to others (other than the people he looked up to), his incessant complaining about various things and his very aggressive defensive attitude whenever he was criticised or even received constructive criticism were always his downside. I'd hoped after a year or so that maybe he would change but it seems that, after reading these recent events, he's only got worse.

For what it's worth, it's a shame things came to this but maybe it is for the best that he steps away from SoL and takes a period of introspection to see where he can make some changes in his life so he isn't always so negative. I do realise that JK2 can be a negative place and life has it's problems, but still, gaming is a place to escape from life and have fun, not bring your own problems into it.

Anyways, that's all I wanted to say. I have no beef with Yodah but I fully understand where everyone is coming from with their complaints and sometimes there needs to be something done about a problem within a community and it's never easy, but it more often than not, is the right thing to do.
Back to top Go down
Leonardo
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Leonardo

PostSubject: Re: In the Spirit of Cooperation   In the Spirit of Cooperation Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jan 2019, 12:32 pm

Epic, we miss you lad and hope life is treating you well in your endeavors!
Back to top Go down
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend
EpicJK2

PostSubject: Re: In the Spirit of Cooperation   In the Spirit of Cooperation Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jan 2019, 12:39 pm

Yeah all good cheers! Hope you folks are all doing well. I might pop into SoL soon, getting the duelling itch again.

But best to leave it at that to not devalue this topic.
Back to top Go down
devyyyy

PostSubject: Re: In the Spirit of Cooperation   In the Spirit of Cooperation Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jan 2019, 1:22 pm

But... Now who's gonna ban me
Back to top Go down
Reaver

Reaver

PostSubject: Re: In the Spirit of Cooperation   In the Spirit of Cooperation Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jan 2019, 1:23 pm

Haha, I got labeled ex-SoL. Not even as leader of ATS, RIP. Razz (No worries I still love you guys)

Anyways, I got informed of what was going on after checking the forums after like... I don't know a year or a few months? I don't even play Jedi Outcast anymore nor intend to so it's a bit funny to see me be quoted in the document haha. In any event, with dear Epico posting I felt kind of pressured to post something. Do note from the beginning I never really meant to get involved with any of this. I kind of just wanted to watch.

Onto real business, yes, I've been subject to people telling me why they left SoL. And a lot of times it circled back to Yodah's behavior. I will be keeping them anonymous because that's what friends do. I haven't been witness to any of it so I'm not sure how he acted, but I always considered him somewhat of a friend. Even then I'd hope my relationship with Yodah doesn't sour but, if that's how it's going to be then that's how it will be. In any of event, if any of this was true, then it should've been acted upon significantly earlier.

But I understand that for a long time Yodah did a lot for SoL. I wasn't always around to see it but the fact that you guys are still posting on SoL forum really does show it. I think the changes SoL has made or should have made might have not been ambitious enough for it to escape this situation where evidently, a problem that's been boiling over for about two-three years has festered into an open wound. Perhaps one of you could feel free to tell me about whether or not ideas people came up with in the member's section were listened to at all? How many of you felt valued by the current state of your clan before all of this blew up? I think the element of personal touch got completely lost in this. Perhaps SoL wasn't looking inward enough to fix the problems it didn't know it had, or hid those problems away. I can't help but be reminded of why ATS collapsed so hard after 2013.

In any event, I think I share Epic's view. For a long time I totally lived the politics of JK2. That was in like 2013-2014. A lot of that ended up changing though, and it seems like people completely forgot that JK2's a game. When I realized that, my JK2 experience ended up changing completely and I found a bit more happiness in the game than negativity. In any event, maybe a few more of you will come around to that idea. Perhaps not. It's not my way to tell you how to play the game, just enjoy it as long as it lasts.
Back to top Go down
JoeKer

JoeKer

PostSubject: Re: In the Spirit of Cooperation   In the Spirit of Cooperation Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jan 2019, 7:13 pm

Yodah made some mistakes, but I think you guys are about to make a far bigger one...

Hi Epic btw, pls come back we miss you so much! <3
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: In the Spirit of Cooperation   In the Spirit of Cooperation Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jan 2019, 7:29 pm

Lot of people dont have entirely correct picture of me because they werent looking on things through my eyes. I replied elsewhere about various points, Leo went through the reply and we also talked further about what I didnt write. Even if there were some points which he viewed bit differently, he told me he understands now what I was going through on my side. I also asked him to show the talk, or some conclusions from it. He should do it soon along with his words of understanding. It will give people better insight so they are not jumping to conclusions which are not as true as they think. They dont know me, they havent talk to me. Leo now did. You should too.
If there would be something about the dueling again, it will be good. I missed it and hoping it will help me to learn to have fun again. I hope I would be having time for it, things are not easy again.

Edit: this is what I.. dunno what to say. Joe thanks. It means alot and shows that you are not condemning me to hell because you know it wouldnt do any good. Because this is also what friends do. They stand to each other in difficult times too
Back to top Go down
Leonardo
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Leonardo

PostSubject: Re: In the Spirit of Cooperation   In the Spirit of Cooperation Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jan 2019, 7:36 pm

Discussions on this topic will continue to occur internally. Very appreciative of those who came forward and gave their opinions and share perspectives!
Back to top Go down
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend
EpicJK2

PostSubject: Re: In the Spirit of Cooperation   In the Spirit of Cooperation Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jan 2019, 9:19 pm

To be fair, I talked to you a lot back when I was in SoL, nothing I said in my post was untrue. It was based off my experience with you over the years I was in SoL and reading your recent posts.

Joe <3, hope you're doing well mate.
Back to top Go down
devyyyy

PostSubject: Re: In the Spirit of Cooperation   In the Spirit of Cooperation Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jan 2019, 11:24 pm

Hahahaha its actually insane how Yoda still doesn't realize he did anything wrong but tries to blame it on "his perspective". Shut the fly a kite up you mong, its not everyone else that is wrong. Its you.
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: In the Spirit of Cooperation   In the Spirit of Cooperation Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jan 2019, 11:46 pm

Epic, i remember that was often about lags and we went through that because yes that wasnt good and you appreciated it and then when we had discussions about idk, rules or other changes, not everything was communicated properly because sometimes it got emotional. I have different views on some things and it sometimes collided. I am not saying that you lie, you have your experience but you dont know what else often was happening on my end, because i wasnt talking about it. Leo knows now and he perfectly understood. He knows now that there were multiple factors which when they got combined it sometimes had unfortunate effect on me and these effects influenced responses in negative way. It is not that how devy is trying to picture it even though he would go crazy from happiness if it really was like that. He doesnt understand and see lot of other things (and most likely doesnt want to so he has reason to keep this stance). Leo tried it and saw. Talk to him. It is the beginning.

Devy if you are talking about perspective and respect, it would be good if you stopped the offensive behavior. You are not provoked in any way.
Back to top Go down
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend
EpicJK2

PostSubject: Re: In the Spirit of Cooperation   In the Spirit of Cooperation Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jan 2019, 2:33 am

Well all I will say is good luck in your internal discussions but I hope that no matter the outcome, you take some responsibility for the fact that people have left the clan because of your attitude and behaviour and look to improve on how you deal with others even when things aren't going too well in real life. Otherwise this cycle of events will repeat in the future.
Back to top Go down
Zelah

Zelah

PostSubject: Re: In the Spirit of Cooperation   In the Spirit of Cooperation Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jan 2019, 4:35 am

I’m sorry but really... really??? I joined SoL almost 6 years ago now and Yodah joined shortly after that. From the very beginning he was disrespectful and condescending in the way he spoke to me, and basically anyone who didn’t agree with him. Difficult real life situations suck. I’ve been through some really bad things in my personal life as I’m sure others did, but I didn’t use it as an excuse to treat anyone who disagreed with me like a lesser person. You’ve already had one person express interest in rejoining SoL since this topic was posted. That should speak for itself. I left sol 3-4 years ago because of Yodah. This isn’t a recent thing. Even I who clearly dislikes Yodah a lot recognize he did a lot for sol with forum work... but that doesn’t outweigh the number of people STILL leaving your clan because of him.
Back to top Go down
Angelis

Angelis

PostSubject: Re: In the Spirit of Cooperation   In the Spirit of Cooperation Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jan 2019, 6:42 am

It has literally been years since I've last logged into this forum. But since many people have felt obliged to point this in my direction, as well as the fact that Leo has mentioned my name in the documentation I feel obliged to give my two sense regardless of internal or external. As I was not given the ample opportunity to elaborate upon them in depth.

Yodah has -many- fine qualities:
- He's fun to talk to as a peer
- He's fun to play games with or run events with
- His fine administrative work with forum management in particular.
- The years of discussion he and I have had that have helped us push through a lot of problems in our younger youth

These qualities are that of a fine and exemplary human being. Something that should be flaunted, and cherished as a whole withing the SoL community for all to see.

However, he has had his downfalls over the years with member of the community and the ways he treats them. And -that- is the epitome of appearances among the Jedi Outcast community. As we all know, first impressions are everything.

For a bit of context I shall quote a few phrases from Jakat's leaving post as prime examples of my words for elaboration.

"And getting frustrated that I didnt post result of your black flame challenge is childish."

Calling Jakat childish as an instant retort to requested criticism. This in and of itself is not only degrading but a vivid example of disrespect towards not only members of the community, but members that were within your own clan.

"People need to be nicer, everyone to everyone"

Now my question is how exactly can you make that statement when you literally just referred to Jakat as a child? Answer being: It's blatant hypocrisy. Wishing for everyone to be nicer to everyone but at the same moment being insulting and degrading in the very same topic as you are stating it.

"Quit bullshitting, Jakat, never treated you with disrespect."
"Stop lying about these things."

Again, you requested that a member give open criticism about your actions. call him a child and state he is bullshitting(lying). But yet, still claim that you have never treated anyone with disrespect. When you have called 1 person a child and a liar in one topic.

"that often things are ripped from context and then misused. It started years ago when you and Xaso had series of intense rows. Since then you feel like you want and need some problems with us here."

Attacking a former member of SoL and a long-since standing member of the Jedi Outcast community simply for agreeing with Jakat's notions and pointing out events that are 100% irrelevant to the conversation at hand and a discussion that started a several week long flame war on the forums and quite honestly was the stepping stone of my decision to leave SoL as well.

In a gist, due to this and several other altercations both in that forum topic alone and several altercations I have bared witness to over the years between the forums, discord and the game itself I have to disagree 100% with Power's assessment that there is a language barrier involved.

This is quite simply an utter lack of evaluation and consideration before you speak issue. And based upon the quotes alone a degrading view of the Jedi Outcast community, including members in SoL as a whole. Something that 100% does not belong in an a clan representing a group, let alone in an administrative role capable of making administrative decisions with this kind of behavior.

Let aside the fact that all of this was state din a public topic without any consideration of what he was saying in public and how disrespectful and degrading to everyone it is further worsens the notion.
Back to top Go down
Danek

Danek

PostSubject: Re: In the Spirit of Cooperation   In the Spirit of Cooperation Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jan 2019, 7:50 am

Yodah is as dedicated to SoL as they come, coming from someone that has seen plenty of members come and go (including myself) Please don't make a huge mistake that you'll regret

P.S. Miss you Epico <3
Back to top Go down
devyyyy

PostSubject: Re: In the Spirit of Cooperation   In the Spirit of Cooperation Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jan 2019, 8:15 am

^utter cool guy
Back to top Go down
devyyyy

PostSubject: Re: In the Spirit of Cooperation   In the Spirit of Cooperation Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jan 2019, 8:17 am

c u c k
Back to top Go down
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend
EpicJK2

PostSubject: Re: In the Spirit of Cooperation   In the Spirit of Cooperation Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jan 2019, 8:54 am

Danek <3, miss you too mate.
Back to top Go down
Leonardo
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Leonardo

PostSubject: Re: In the Spirit of Cooperation   In the Spirit of Cooperation Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jan 2019, 8:55 am

Heeey please tone it down Devy lol

Per the document, whether Yodah stays is entirely up to him.

Investigation Files wrote:
We are calling for the immediate removal of KingYodah from the clan, Sunrise of Liberty, barring a refusal to cease hostilities and foster a spirit of cooperation with others.

Obviously, we'd prefer him to stay. But if he continues using an inappropriate tone with his colleagues and others, maintaining a closed frame of mind, and refusing to see reason or admit wrongs, then we'll put his membership to a vote. It's like that.
Back to top Go down
Igrom

Igrom

PostSubject: Re: In the Spirit of Cooperation   In the Spirit of Cooperation Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jan 2019, 2:21 am

What is SoL's Discord server, anyway?
Back to top Go down
Xemnas
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Xemnas

PostSubject: Re: In the Spirit of Cooperation   In the Spirit of Cooperation Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jan 2019, 7:16 am

This is just unreal...
I don't have any words.
Back to top Go down
devyyyy

PostSubject: Re: In the Spirit of Cooperation   In the Spirit of Cooperation Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jan 2019, 11:14 am

Words for what
Back to top Go down
Zelah

Zelah

PostSubject: Re: In the Spirit of Cooperation   In the Spirit of Cooperation Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jan 2019, 1:51 pm

I think he's disappointed they haven't "PERMANENTLY remove people like Zelah and Devy from this forum" but I'd just be speculating Neutral
Back to top Go down
Zelah

Zelah

PostSubject: Re: In the Spirit of Cooperation   In the Spirit of Cooperation Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jan 2019, 1:52 pm

I think he's disappointed they haven't "PERMANENTLY remove people like Zelah and Devy from this forum" but I'd just be speculating Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In the Spirit of Cooperation   In the Spirit of Cooperation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In the Spirit of Cooperation
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide :: )>SoL<(~Free Chat :: The Clan-
Jump to: