)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

The world's greatest quote

Go down 
+14
Danek
Grimlore
Spartacat
Commander Bacara
Lelouch
BlueNinja
Phoenix
Ajunta Pall
Xasomur
Battledroidlover
Lord_Draco
nastY
sebbat
Pipsquid
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

The best quote is...
Cogito ergo sum(I think, therefore I am)-Rene Descartes.
The world's greatest quote I_vote1020%The world's greatest quote I_vote11
 20% [ 2 ]
Just because we all sit in the same boat, we should be damned glad, that we dont stand on the same side.-Ersnt Festl
The world's greatest quote I_vote1010%The world's greatest quote I_vote11
 10% [ 1 ]
Lady Nancy Astor @ Winston Churchill. If you were my husband i would put poison in your coffee!;Winston replies My dear Nancy, if you were my wife, i would drink it!
The world's greatest quote I_vote1010%The world's greatest quote I_vote11
 10% [ 1 ]
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.- George Patton
The world's greatest quote I_vote1020%The world's greatest quote I_vote11
 20% [ 2 ]
With great power, comes great responsibility.
The world's greatest quote I_vote1040%The world's greatest quote I_vote11
 40% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
Pipsquid
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Pipsquid

The world's greatest quote Empty
PostSubject: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr 2010, 3:44 pm

This is something simple, for all of us to do. Basically, i want everyone to post one or two of their favorite quotes. It can be from anything. Then, We will pick 5 of the best and have them have a faceoff in a poll to see who is the winner.

Format: "(Quote)" -(Author)

Let me start ^^:

"I see no god up here" -Yuri Gagarin (He was an astronaut, so when he got into space, he said that frase)

"Vivir, solo cuesta vida" -Los Redondos

Have fun and may the best quote win Very Happy

Last edited by Pipsquid on Mon 19 Apr 2010, 4:58 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
sebbat
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
sebbat

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr 2010, 3:51 pm

"la va a tocar para Diego, ahi la tiene Maradona, lo marcan dos, pisa la pelota Maradona, arranca por la derecha el genio del futbol mundial, y deja el tercero y va a tocar para Burruchaga...Siempre Maradona! Genio! Genio! Genio! ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta...
y Goooooool... Gooooool...Quiero llorar! Dios santo! Viva el futbol! Golazo! Diego! Maradona! Es para llorar perdonenme...
Maradona, en una corrida memorable, en la jugada de todos los tiempos...barrilete cosmico... de que planeta viniste? Para dejar en el camino tanto ingles, para que el pais sea un puño apretado, gritando porArgentina.... Argentina 2 - Inglaterra 0... Diegol, Diegol, Diego Armando Maradona... Gracias dios, por el futbol, por Maradona, por estas lagrimas, por este Argentina 2 - Inglaterra 0..."-Victor Hugo Morales Argentina 2-0 England 1986.

"Cogito ergo sum"(I think, therefore I am)-Rene Descartes.
Back to top Go down
nastY

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr 2010, 4:45 pm

Robert Downey Junion in Tropic Thunder :

"I KNOW WHO I AM !!!... Im a duude playin a dude disguised as another dude !"
Back to top Go down
Lord_Draco
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Lord_Draco

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr 2010, 7:31 pm

"Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality" --Aster, Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World.

While spoken quite often by Richter Abend, he states quite often it was something his (now deceased) friend used to say. A line that carries from the start of the game to the end.

"No matter who you are or what you become, you're still you" --Lloyd Irving, Tales of Symphonia

An important quote in the first Tales of Symphonia.

"I have fury!"--Fawful, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

"AREA RESTRICTED. ALL pro INTRUDERS 2B HAXORED BY US L33T HAMM3R BROZ! WE R TEH SHROOB ALLIES. WE ROXOR U AND THEN ROFL, THEN U AM shed tears. WE RECEIVE ORDERS THRU ANTENNAS ON THESE L33T HELMETS. THEY R HOTNESS. WE MUST OBEY ALL ORDERS. WE LIKE 2 PWN NOOBS 4 TEH MASTER SHROOBZORS. U = NOOBS. BROZ = L33T. PREPARE 4 TOTAL PWNAGE. WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! WOOT!" --Hammer Bros., Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time
Back to top Go down
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Battledroidlover

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr 2010, 8:09 pm

Eureka! xD
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr 2010, 10:06 pm

"Just because we all sit in the same boat, we should be damned glad, that we dont stand on the same side."
Ersnt Festl

"Andalusian women are always pretty."
Effi Briest by Theodor Fontane

"Not knowing which harbour you are heading for, no wind is advantageous."
= Ignoranti, quem portum petat, nullus suus ventus est.
Seneca

"Faith is not the beginning, its the end of all knowledge."
Johann Wolfgang Goethe

Over all this is my aim: To say what i mean and to mean what i say.
=Haec sit propositi nostri summa: quod sentimus loquamur, quod loquimur sentiamus.
Seneca

i have tons of that. I never read without a pen in my hand. i dont write at all, i didnt in school and i dont in university. but i write down quotes. (if you would see me, you would sometimes see some new quotes on my arms or so xD if i dont have a paper xD)
Back to top Go down
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend
Ajunta Pall

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010, 3:36 am

Pour les francais : notre cher president :

" Qu'un individu qui revient pour la dixieme fois devant un meme tribunal pour la meme delit soit condamne non pas pour ce qu'il a fait la dixieme fois mais par le fait qu'il ai fait quelque chose la dixieme fois et que ca fait dix fois"

" Si on decroche dans le primaire, on raccroche pas dans le secondaire, si on accroche dans le primaire, on peut decrocher dans le secondaire, mais si on decroche dans le primaire, ca s'aggrave dans le secondaire."

" Tous peuvent dire non, personne peut dire oui. Celui qui a le plus petit pouvoir peut empecher de faire une petite chose, mais celui qui a le plus grand pouvoir ne peut pas permettre de faire une petite chose, le pouvoir de dire non, en faite .... , existe, et pour pouvoir dire oui non, parce que chaque pouvoir equilibre l'autre, dans un mouvement de paralysie quasi generale. "
Back to top Go down
sebbat
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
sebbat

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010, 4:20 am

"Fifty thousend people used to live here, now its a ghost town."-Cap. MacMillan Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare, talking about Chernobyl.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010, 4:35 am

Wife @ Winston Churchill, " Winston you are drunk!".
Winston Churchill replies, "Indeed madam, and you are ugly, but tomorrow, i'll be sober!".

Lady Nancy Astor @ Winston Churchill. "If you were my husband i would put poison in your coffee!"
Winston replies "My dear Nancy, if you were my wife, i would drink it!"

Razz

Last edited by Phoenix on Wed 14 Apr 2010, 5:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BlueNinja
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
BlueNinja

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010, 8:01 am

Robert Downy Junior Ftw!

"You're misinterpreting the dimensions of foreshortened people."-Robert Downy Jr.-Sherlock Holmes.

"It's a matter of personal integrity! No girl is going to want to marry a doctor who can't tell if a man's dead or not..."-Robert Downy Jr.-Sherlock Holmes

Amazing movie.
Back to top Go down
Lelouch

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010, 1:47 pm

GHOST BUSTERS!!!-Sebbo the master of milk XD
(jk) (mabe..)

Forgive your enemys but never forget their names-JFK ?
(Usa person u dunno him xD)
Back to top Go down
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Battledroidlover

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010, 7:29 pm

Some lady:I put poison in that wine sir.
Winstin Churchill:And if i was your wife I wou'ld drink it.
Back to top Go down
Pipsquid
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Pipsquid

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010, 10:08 pm

Battledroidlover wrote:

Uuh...bdl, sorta like phoenix already put this one xD
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 5:51 am

And phoeny did more research Razz

Phoenix wrote:
Lady Nancy Astor @ Winston Churchill. "If you were my husband i would put poison in your coffee!"
Winston replies "My dear Nancy, if you were my wife, i would drink it!"

Battledroidlover wrote:
Back to top Go down
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Battledroidlover

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 5:59 am

I know i had it in this joke book and i coul'dnt remember what it was xD
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 6:12 am

I found it in a book called "the ultimate insult". Its jam packed full of quotations from famous celebrites from all walks of life. Some of the quotes are as old as the 1800's and some are late 1990's (i think, i havent read it for ages). Its a great read.

They cover topic such as sport, relgion, inflammatory, relationships, countries ect ect.

That Winston Churchill quote is one of the best remembered and appreciated of all time, so im not surpised that im not the only one who though of it.
Back to top Go down
Commander Bacara

Commander Bacara

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 7:10 am

"Soy el mejor, Siempre lo Fui" - Jango Fett

"No me digas que te vas, Te vas.. Te vas.... No me digas que este amor que un dia me hiciste jurar, no existe mas" Rakim y Ken-Y =Te Vas=
Back to top Go down
Spartacat
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan
Spartacat

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 10:42 am

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." ~~ George Patton <- U.S. General in WW1 and WW2.
Back to top Go down
BlueNinja
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
BlueNinja

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 12:22 pm

"War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the soon it's over."-Union General William T. Sherman in the American Civil War.
Back to top Go down
Grimlore

Grimlore

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 1:26 pm

Quote :
"If men were angels this government wouldn't been be needed."
~James Madision

Quote :
"The Force gives a jedi his power."
~Ben/Obi Wan Kenobi
Back to top Go down
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Battledroidlover

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote Icon_minitimeWed 14 Apr 2010, 6:46 pm

"In my experience there is no such thing as luck". - Ben Kenobi
Back to top Go down
Danek

Danek

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote Icon_minitimeThu 15 Apr 2010, 2:06 am

I'm will have guns-klo william
Back to top Go down
Ali3N
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Ali3N

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote Icon_minitimeThu 15 Apr 2010, 2:13 am

In Hungary:
Ezt mondja az Úristen, aki téged szeret: Mindent újjá teszek, téged is. - Egy magyar pap

And in English:
The God, who loves you, says this: I make everything new, you. - One Hungarian Priest

~Ali3N
Back to top Go down
mereel
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
mereel

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote Icon_minitimeThu 15 Apr 2010, 7:29 am

The greatest quote of ALL time is in my sig:

With great power, comes great responsibility.

And I am sad to say a lot of people misunderstand the meaning of this quote. No one realizes how true it is, and how powerful these words are. Sad really. :/
Back to top Go down
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend
Ajunta Pall

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote Icon_minitimeThu 15 Apr 2010, 8:01 am

yes i agree mereel, eh ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The world's greatest quote   The world's greatest quote Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The world's greatest quote
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next