)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy
 
HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
JK2 for Number 1!
Let us capture the victory!
A look at the table?
Fun events!
Want to organize an event or any to happen?
Post or ask for help here!
Black Flame!
Enel holds black flame!
Who will face him?
Spring Tournament!
TT Spring 2016 ended! Congrats to Xasomur!
Check results here!
Skin Add ons
Post your skins that you'd like to have!
Find details here!
Council frozen!
Read discussion here!
Check poll result here!

Share | 
 

 server Lagged

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Alpha'



Posts : 437

PostSubject: server Lagged   Mon 04 Nov 2013, 1:15 pm

Hello Guys, your server was attacked by a low life today called Sanyo im sure you know this "prik with no dik" , constantly changing name and model rapidly causing server overflow. using his evc to change to sol member names like Yaku, hes admitted to it, here is a screenshot. i managed to get while in the server, so yeah i know you pay for a server to be played on and not crashed by or lagged by.


Screenshot.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reaver



Posts : 295

PostSubject: Re: server Lagged   Mon 04 Nov 2013, 2:21 pm

Here is a video of Sanyo lagging:

http://classic.xfire.com/video/6156a9/

Here is Samfp laming:

http://classic.xfire.com/video/6156aa/

http://classic.xfire.com/video/6156ac/

http://classic.xfire.com/video/6156ab/

Here are some other pictures:













That is my evidence.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GONZA
Jedi Master
Jedi Master


Posts : 1512

PostSubject: Re: server Lagged   Mon 04 Nov 2013, 3:54 pm

This is good evidence guys. This is it i guess...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend


Posts : 3075

PostSubject: Re: server Lagged   Mon 04 Nov 2013, 4:26 pm

Upon reviewing the logs, it appears Sanyo lagged the server after Super Yaku and Zelah disabled teleports and repeatedly locked Sanyo in training by abusing the new training-invite Member command. The training-invite command is not an admin tool. If you are not an admin, you do not have a right to use it punitively against other players. I explicitly stated when this option was added:

NickdeClaw wrote:
ANY ABUSE OF THIS PRIVILEGE WILL BE TAKEN VERY SERIOUSLY. DO NOT TELEPORT PEOPLE AGAINST THEIR WILL. THIS COMMAND MAY BE REMOVED IF WE FIND THAT MEMBERS ARE ABUSING IT.
Because of this abuse, I've removed the command. Regardless of how upset laming makes you, you do not have a right to punish other players on the server unless the clan elects you as an admin.

Unless someone can refute my understanding of the logs, and that person's explanation can be verified by the logs, I am forgiving Sanyo for his lagscript because of the SoL Member abuse that prompted it.

For now, I leave further discussion of laming by Sanyo and Sampf to others. Discussion of how to handle Super Yaku and Zelah's abuse should occur in the Council Synergy section of the forum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reaver



Posts : 295

PostSubject: Re: server Lagged   Mon 04 Nov 2013, 6:14 pm

NickdeClaw wrote:
Upon reviewing the logs, it appears Sanyo lagged the server after Super Yaku and Zelah disabled teleports and repeatedly locked Sanyo in training by abusing the new training-invite Member command. The training-invite command is not an admin tool. If you are not an admin, you do not have a right to use it punitively against other players. I explicitly stated when this option was added:

NickdeClaw wrote:
ANY ABUSE OF THIS PRIVILEGE WILL BE TAKEN VERY SERIOUSLY. DO NOT TELEPORT PEOPLE AGAINST THEIR WILL. THIS COMMAND MAY BE REMOVED IF WE FIND THAT MEMBERS ARE ABUSING IT.
Because of this abuse, I've removed the command. Regardless of how upset laming makes you, you do not have a right to punish other players on the server unless the clan elects you as an admin.

Unless someone can refute my understanding of the logs, and that person's explanation can be verified by the logs, I am forgiving Sanyo for his lagscript because of the SoL Member abuse that prompted it.

For now, I leave further discussion of laming by Sanyo and Sampf to others. Discussion of how to handle Super Yaku and Zelah's abuse should occur in the Council Synergy section of the forum.
Fair enough, thanks for at least assessing the situation Cool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend


Posts : 10541

PostSubject: Re: server Lagged   Tue 05 Nov 2013, 1:10 am

Nick wrote:
Unless someone can refute my understanding of the logs, and that person's explanation can be verified by the logs, I am forgiving Sanyo for his lagscript because of the SoL Member abuse that prompted it.
I agree. Both parties here have taken steps to use something in a way they shouldn't, tempers flair and sometimes we regret doing things that at the time seemed justifiable. I wouldn't like to see this happen again.

___________________
Admiral AckbarIT'S A TRAP!


Onen hag Oll
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alpha'



Posts : 437

PostSubject: Re: server Lagged   Tue 05 Nov 2013, 1:27 am

and yet by crashing the server it resolves what exactly, he could of always come and reported it here, will get him nowhere crashing,lagging for everyone else.


so say if i went to sol server under a proxy, using the force brute crash overload force power exec command. and that would not result in a ban?

Moderator note: Text omitted because we don't need to be giving anyone ideas on how to crash JK2 servers. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend


Posts : 10541

PostSubject: Re: server Lagged   Tue 05 Nov 2013, 1:33 am

Ruskett, punitive considerations are being discussed for both Sanyo/Sam and Zelah/Yaku - We are initiating this within our Synergy section. ^_^

___________________
Admiral AckbarIT'S A TRAP!


Onen hag Oll
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend


Posts : 3075

PostSubject: Re: server Lagged   Tue 05 Nov 2013, 6:29 am

Ruskett wrote:
and yet by crashing the server it resolves what exactly, he could of always come and reported it here, will get him nowhere crashing,lagging for everyone else.
In any other situation it would be an instant ban. If there was accusation of admin abuse, it would still be an instant ban. This is a unique situation because members who don't have the authority to take administrative action did something that provoked the lagscript. It also wasn't a very severe lagscript, and it didn't last a super long time. Sanyo isn't forgiven for his laming, but in this case I think it makes sense to ignore the lagscript. Again, I can't really think of any other situation where we would be lenient about using a lagscript. We usually immediately ban for it, regardless of any supposed controversy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alpha'



Posts : 437

PostSubject: Re: server Lagged   Tue 05 Nov 2013, 6:50 am

okay then if i am provoked, then i will lag/crash the server and see what results will be and see if they will be the same.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rachel
Jedi Master
Jedi Master


Posts : 576

PostSubject: Re: server Lagged   Tue 05 Nov 2013, 6:57 am

Well, since the command has been removed for abuse of it and "We usually immediately ban for it", I wouldn't reccomend it Ruskett, especially since declaring you're looking to do it here...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ExiDux
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept


Posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: server Lagged   Tue 05 Nov 2013, 7:02 am

the clan might forgive people that they crash, attack, and 'denial of service' the servers but always remember that the clan does not own the serer, and that there is a server provider that is potective of their hardware and software. push this far enough and the server provider might start to take action against those whom damage their reputation and uptime.

___________________
My homepage : http://binavoid.weebly.com/

My Pixiv profile : http://www.pixiv.com/users/6770765
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xasomur
Legend
Legend


Posts : 12824

PostSubject: Re: server Lagged   Tue 05 Nov 2013, 7:08 am

Rachel wrote:
Well, since the command has been removed for abuse of it and "We usually immediately ban for it", I wouldn't reccomend it Ruskett, especially since declaring you're looking to do it here...
Smile

___________________
Pfavex'asomu'ridano Article

my sig is watching your sig O.o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ExiDux
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept


Posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: server Lagged   Tue 05 Nov 2013, 7:34 am

ExiDux wrote:
the clan might forgive people when they crash, attack, and 'denial of service' the servers but always remember that the clan does not own the server, and that there is a server provider that is protective of their hardware and software. push this far enough and the server provider might start to take action against those whom damage their reputation and uptime.
hopefully i now removed the weird typo's and stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend


Posts : 3075

PostSubject: Re: server Lagged   Tue 05 Nov 2013, 9:14 am

Ruskett wrote:
okay then if i am provoked, then i will lag/crash the server and see what results will be and see if they will be the same.
This is a silly statement because the results would not be the same. To have the same effect, you must create the same cause. There are many ways to be "provoked," and they are not all equal. Murdering someone's child is a much stronger provocation than calling someone a "poopy pants." I will probably ignore you when you call me a poopy pants but I will not ignore you if you kill my child. I suspect you are simply trying to be sensational with your statement, but it's flawed nonetheless.

So let's look at the cause and effect for Sanyo. The cause was lagging in response to non-admins abusing an admin-like command that changes the location of other players. The effect was no punitive action taken.

So if you want to test to see if the effects will be the same, you'll need to seek a cause where non-admins abuse an admin-like command that changes your location in-game. If you experience ANY other type of abuse, the cause is not the same, and the effect will not be the same either. You will almost certainly be banned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alpha'



Posts : 437

PostSubject: Re: server Lagged   Tue 05 Nov 2013, 10:13 am

Alright take the other day for example. when you kept spawning those troops with /amaniment when i said stop with it the 1st time you carried on knowing my connection between the server was not strong and having my ping jump from 100- 230-290 then you deliberately done it in temple spawnd like 30 of them. now i could of reacted like sanyo did, but i chose not to fall low to ur steap being the
cun-t you was that day i chose not to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ExiDux
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept


Posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: server Lagged   Tue 05 Nov 2013, 10:55 am

this is not targeted against the people posting here, this is a crude, rude, to the point text. if you are insulted or bothered by such types of text, then please do not read.

A: admin abuse.
You are a guest on a server payed for by generous people that have the full right to create aditional gameplay elements with commands.

Admin command abuse is now the same as the boy whom cried wolf. using admin commands to center a text on your screen saying "map change" is NEVER abuse, using admin commands to spawn a trooper or ten is NEVER abuse, neither is giving people a gun...

what admin command abuse in reality always has been, is using those commands to target individuals with following goal ;
"i want fun, and i will get it by destroying my target his/her fun"

a lot of these so called 18+ people that shout admin abuse, are acting worse than a spoiled kid on a sugar rush without parents to correct him/her. the only thing they want is to be in controll, deciding for other players what should be fun, and what not.

B : attacks on servers
Attacking an inocent game server because you lost a game, or because your own ignorance creates problems, is proof that you mentally lost track of reality, And you are stealing money from the server renting people by creating unpaid for downtime. how mentally unstable and dellusional does somebody need to be, to be able to justify an illegal and punishable by law attack on a game server for that one reason :  "they do not enforce my desires".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend


Posts : 3075

PostSubject: Re: server Lagged   Tue 05 Nov 2013, 10:59 am

Ruskett what are you talking about? Who was spawning stormtroopers when you were telling them to stop? I was spawning them when KingYodah was complaining but not when you were on the server. Are you two the same person?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rachel
Jedi Master
Jedi Master


Posts : 576

PostSubject: Re: server Lagged   Tue 05 Nov 2013, 11:10 am

I'd like to say, Exi, that givng people guns can be abuse, under certain circumstances. Not always directly, it could be the players receiving the guns which abuse them, which aren't then removed.

I also want to say that the command to spawn troopers, is never one I've felt to be needed. The only times I've ever seen it used, is out of pure boredom by an HC, and never being asked for by the majority or even anyone on the server. It can be in itself a light abuse of admin power. As although it may be intended for fun, it personally feels to be just an annoyance, a large amount of stormtroopers who can kill you very easily, while you rarely get to kill any of them, if you do it doesn't even count as a kill. I'm also sure they attack without being provoked... and are often used in temple, which is ironic. But I don't feel Nick should be called a "cun-t" for this, yes, it was annoying for you having asked to have it stopped, but Nick generally uses admin sensibly, infact when i'm on i've never seen him misusing it even slightly, he's a nice guy and does his best for this clan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alpha'



Posts : 437

PostSubject: Re: server Lagged   Tue 05 Nov 2013, 11:13 am

i have a few names. Rectifire,Rothern,WhiskY,Mick, and yes i was on the server which why i disconnected the 2nd time, and went to the euro one where Yodah was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KingYodah
Sith Lord
Sith Lord


Posts : 5665

PostSubject: Re: server Lagged   Tue 05 Nov 2013, 11:27 am

Back in AoF I was from time to time spawning NPCs to train a bit instagib (cuz moving targets) but I didn't spawn more then 3-4 of them cuz it was lagging me a lot when I spawned 4+ of them. And Nick didn't deserve to be called c.unt, that was mean.

___________________
)>SoL<(~KingYodah
~SoL HC Admin*
~SoL FA Admin*

EpicJK2 wrote:
You can always get grapeless seeds

Mai** wrote:
My antivirus had poop up

Back to top Go down
View user profile
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend


Posts : 3075

PostSubject: Re: server Lagged   Tue 05 Nov 2013, 12:33 pm

Rachel wrote:
I also want to say that the command to spawn troopers, is never one I've felt to be needed. The only times I've ever seen it used, is out of pure boredom by an HC, and never being asked for by the majority or even anyone on the server. It can be in itself a light abuse of admin power. As although it may be intended for fun, it personally feels to be just an annoyance, a large amount of Stormtroopers who can kill you very easily, while you rarely get to kill any of them, if you do it doesn't even count as a kill.
98% of the time I only use it out of pure boredom or direct request (the other 2% of the time the Rodian Club's Monthly Meeting results in some assassinations, hehe). When I do use them, other people aren't doing much on the server and it's a slow atmosphere. After I spawn them, I watch to see who's interested in killing them. After the players slaughter a herd, I spawn them somewhere else and check to see if people are searching for them. In this case, 2-4 people were actively hunting them down, implying they were enjoying it. In this case, I used 8-20 Stormtroopers at a time, so 50% of the time they killed all the Stormtroopers without dying. I always try to spawn them somewhere without line-of-sight so that it doesn't look like they just popped into spontaneous existence, which also means there's little risk of being unexpectedly shot by something that didn't exist before.

Based on my experience, a lot of people enjoy hunting them. It's pretty boring if you're good at the game because it's super easy to win just using blue style. But for a lot of players it's enjoyable, and often times I'll get requests for more of them in the days following a time when I've spawned them. My typical use of it certainly doesn't constitute abuse in my opinion.

But I don't want to just pick out the parts I disagree with, so...

Rachel wrote:
... but Nick generally uses admin sensibly, infact when i'm on i've never seen him misusing it even slightly, he's a nice guy and does his best for this clan.
I appreciate your kind words, Rachel. Smile

Ruskett wrote:
Alright take the other day for example. when you kept spawning those troops with /amaniment when i said stop with it the 1st time you carried on knowing my connection between the server was not strong and having my ping jump from 100- 230-290 then you deliberately done it in temple spawnd like 30 of them. now i could of reacted like sanyo did, but i chose not to fall low to ur steap being the
cun-t you was that day i chose not to.
Ruskett, I have the logs so I know what was said when this stuff happened. You never asked for it to stop, nor did you ever say it was lagging you except to state your change in ping at the very end of the conversation AFTER Yodah left. Yodah asked for it to stop and said it lagged him, but you did not.

The most Stormtroopers I ever spawned was 20 and that was once or twice. After that Yodah mentioned lag, but I didn't know for sure what he was talking about because he didn't say it explicitly. A couple moments later after I spawned more he exploded with caps lock demanding that I stop spawning the Stormtroopers, at which point I teased him about having a Windows 95 computer. His ping was fine, so I assumed it was his processor or RAM. He insisted he was lagging so I wondered whether the server's load actually affected him, whether his computer couldn't handle the extra models and gunfire due to processor/memory load, or whether his connection couldn't handle the extra data about all of their locations and gunfire. Based on the conversation it sounded like it was a combination of his connection and his processor.

Curious whether the server was lagging or Yodah was lagging, I spawned Stormtroopers in temple while he was in courtyard because I was fairly certain players in the courtyard do not load anything in the temple into memory, nor do they have to process the blaster fire that would occur. Indeed, spawning those 10 Stormtroopers and having them attack someone (which was you, Ruskett, although I didn't realize you were in there until after I spawned them) caused no impact on Yodah because he didn't even realize I had done it. I watched his ping as I spawned them and it did not change. I also have you, Ruskett, in the logs saying your ping went up to 150, so your 230-290 ping claim sounds like an exaggeration. Yodah then took my question, "Did you lag just now?" as a taunt or something, when really I was testing to see if my assumption about temple-courtyard memory loading was true. Then it seems he overreacted and quit because he was getting upset that people were making fun of his computer.

After he disconnected, I overreacted because I was irritated with how little effort he seemed to put into talking about it before getting angry, at which point I called him a baby and said he should grow up. In retrospect I regret getting upset with him for ragequitting because he was just reacting based on how the situation made him feel, but then again so was I. Mostly I was just upset that he thought I was trying to be mean to him, and so that (ironically) made me be mean to him, lmao. I may have even misunderstood how angry he was, maybe he wasn't that upset and he just wanted to leave because he was annoyed.

For those who want to see for themselves, here's the log, with a couple things omitted for privacy:

Spoiler:
 

All in all you're out of line calling me a "cun-t" or even implying that I'm at a low level that requires stooping. That's just a blatant misrepresentation of what happened. The log clearly shows that you lied about saying to stop, lied about saying I knew your connection was not strong, lied about saying I spawned Stormtroopers after you told me those things, lied about the actual ping you had, and lied about the number of Stormtroopers I spawned in the temple.

What you really did in-game was to calmly make suggestions and state your experience. That was perfect! It's weird how different your in-game demeanor is from your forum post. I'm pretty confused about that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xasomur
Legend
Legend


Posts : 12824

PostSubject: Re: server Lagged   Tue 05 Nov 2013, 1:13 pm

Ruskett, you lagged the server few minutes ago and people were lagging out. As far as I can see from the logs, it was unforced and unprovoked, you came in and lagged. wtf?

I've banned you. I've rarely seen such action bare of logic...

___________________
Pfavex'asomu'ridano Article

my sig is watching your sig O.o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KingYodah
Sith Lord
Sith Lord


Posts : 5665

PostSubject: Re: server Lagged   Tue 05 Nov 2013, 1:19 pm

NickdeClaw wrote:
After he disconnected, I overreacted because I was irritated with how little effort he seemed to put into talking about it before getting angry, at which point I called him a baby and said he should grow up. In retrospect I regret getting upset with him for ragequitting because he was just reacting based on how the situation made him feel, but then again so was I. Mostly I was just upset that he thought I was trying to be mean to him, and so that (ironically) made me be mean to him, lmao. I may have even misunderstood how angry he was, maybe he wasn't that upset and he just wanted to leave because he was annoyed.
I know I could put little more effort. So I guess I can add few things. The connection wasn't bad, I was having only minor lags caused most probably by external stuff. I was lagging, but fps-wise, my fps during the spawning was getting wild, and was often dropping to 10-20 fps. I don't remember now if I was near them or bit farther but regardless my fps was getting wild. It always makes me feel irritated mainly when it lasts longer time. As I already mentioned back in AoF I wasn't spawning more then 3-4 NPCs cuz I would get strong lags from it. Another thing what made me feel bit uneasy was some irl stuff earlier that day. Then while I was still on server during situation I was being teased by 'upgrade your crap' or so. So imagine now the feeling I had. You may be right I could put more effort into it.
But now, having read what happened after I disconnected....despite the fact I could show some more effort I didn't deserve that. Cuz that in my ears equals slander. Especially AFTER I left and couldn't say something on the matter in order to e.g. explain myself

___________________
)>SoL<(~KingYodah
~SoL HC Admin*
~SoL FA Admin*

EpicJK2 wrote:
You can always get grapeless seeds

Mai** wrote:
My antivirus had poop up

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alpha'



Posts : 437

PostSubject: Re: server Lagged   Tue 05 Nov 2013, 1:23 pm

did i n ot say about 30? i wasnt going count them ask i do not waste my time on such things, and no i did not lie about it, i did say my was shooting up, when you spawned them sorry i do not recall the actual words i've been sleep twice since then.


And Xaso i did not lag the server like i told rach why would i bother to waste my time in lagging a server when i had no reason to, though with the ban implemented, then yes i can do what i can now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: server Lagged   Today at 12:06 am

Back to top Go down
 
server Lagged
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» .^f2F-.Swemmei Recruting in server 1
» Lag playing in Taiwan server from Shanghai
» Proxy Server Taiwan: How To.
» WoW "Development" Server
» Omnos (( Maybe another name depending on server)) Sunbearer

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide :: )>SoL<(~Free Chat :: The Clan-
Jump to: