)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy
 
HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
JK2 for Number 1!
Let us capture the victory!
A look at the table?
Fun events!
Want to organize an event or any to happen?
Post or ask for help here!
Black Flame!
Enel holds black flame!
Who will face him?
Autumn Tournament!
TT Autumn 2016 begins!
Sign up here!
Skin Add ons
Post your skins that you'd like to have!
Find details here!
Council frozen!
Read discussion here!
Check poll result here!

Share | 
 

 Apology

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Alpha Pack



Posts : 1

PostSubject: Apology   Tue 18 Feb 2014, 3:49 am

Im not very good with these bah but here it is lol


Awhile i go was speaking Xaso regarding the sol server "keep your members under control" i told him he knows who i am speaking about so time passed i let it go
it happened 7 or 8 times i told him once or twice is nothing but 8 is just taking the actual piss, so time had passed weeks should i say then i had enough i took a note down of sol server Vulnerability and Host IP Machine and started of with Light Packets and file transfers 2mb's also putting it into a SYN-RCVD state spoofing many different IP's 1000's of IP's flooding the rotor of its Bandwidth.


Anyways it's not just who was doing this there was 3 of us as you may know one we agreed it would stop last week when we seen it last for such a long time tying to stop it seeing you suffer from it as intended we had to make it look like a wide range scale attack by attacking UG'S also and others among as while this was happening 2 servers was created as a diversion for UG so iit looked like they where also being attacked not just sol.

But now we have all agreed it would stop but if things stay how they are it could Be WW3 which we all like to avoid wouldn't we?

I have been speaking to a few SOL members and they one knew i was doing it and i guess he made a post about it lol like i said we've stopped it will not happen again

Sorry for the loss of game time

Regards Game Player.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Samfp



Posts : 249

PostSubject: Re: Apology   Wed 19 Feb 2014, 6:05 am

lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mantA



Posts : 2087

PostSubject: Re: Apology   Wed 19 Feb 2014, 8:22 am

Do you really think we accept your apology that lightly?
We wasted money paying for a Server which gets constantly flooded by you guys.

FYI Wrongs and wrongs will never make it right.



















lol


Last edited by mantA on Wed 19 Feb 2014, 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lelouch



Posts : 583

PostSubject: Re: Apology   Wed 19 Feb 2014, 10:18 am

Samfp wrote:
lol

^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angelis



Posts : 1116

PostSubject: Re: Apology   Wed 19 Feb 2014, 10:21 am

Samfp wrote:
lol

Yeah it is rather laughable isn't it?
But I have to say, this seems sincere. So if not the others, I as an individual will accept the effort made here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend


Posts : 3076

PostSubject: Re: Apology   Wed 19 Feb 2014, 12:56 pm

Thanks for the update Alpha Pack. I know many of us appreciate the apology.

I also know that it can be frustrating playing on a server like ours if you just want a no rules FFA server. We have a pretty strong opinion that the best JK2 experience is one with a compromise between freedom to do anything and freedom from harassment. We try our best to achieve that compromise, but we're made up of many people who all have slightly differing opinions and who make mistakes. For that reason, it can never be as simple as "keep [our] members under control" because we have to come to slow democratic agreements.

The bottom line is, we have an imperfect system, but it has proven to be a very good imperfect system, as shown by the popularity of the server. When choosing whether to play on a SoL server, each player has to decide whether the positives of our server outweigh the negatives. And we certainly encourage others to create new, more popular servers with different rules if they see better solutions. But DoS attacks are never a good solution to the problems our server has, because some of those problems are necessary; they are the negative side of the same coin that brings the positives.

We can't get rid of the negatives without getting rid of the positives too, unless someone comes up with new, better ideas. And the only way to do that is to have a genuine discussion on the forums. We really do listen to and consider new ideas, we just might truly disagree with them after all has been discussed. But we have accepted many outside ideas in the past, and we will certainly do it again in the future.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HandixTheOnlyone



Posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: Apology   Wed 19 Feb 2014, 9:10 pm

Well , I just made an account because i saw this hilarious thread posted by someone named ''Alpha Pack'' lol , I'm not sure why he is trying to even take credit for something i decided to do , Something that i did.

And on a serious note , No one recalled server being spammed by ''SYN requests'' , since you're a script kiddy here trying to claim something that is not true let me give you some facts , Obv you dont know anything about this engine , Therefore The old classic exploit getstatus would be easy to combine with an ''DDOS method'' , And obv spoofed 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255. Ive already apologized there is no need for me to make a thread about it after all ;/ people actually accused me lol from the beginning when my buddy blue Were ''Ping requesting the server causing the cpu to lag and spike''.

There is always a reason for everything , except me taking down every FF server there were including UGG because i didn't give a flying f44ck been some NF servers aswell not sure. ;/ and I'm sorry if i actually ruined some innocent server out there because i saw some ''Sol members'' lol playing there. Ive been backing blue up since day 1 , and like you know already he did ask me for my ''help'' since I'm the experienced one here....... , And yes the only reason why i decided to stop were because of Mai we don't have to go into details lol but only people i trust in this community here is actually Mai and lelouch that obv knows the ''real side of me'' , Something that you guys will never know since you already ''Pictured'' me as this ''Evil guy'' ;/. Also on a serious note ''Whoever said that i blackmailed people or demanded something '' that's pretty much me trolling ;/ yall , since i found it hilarious as f4ck that people actually decided to add my xfire just to just to threaten me.

I couldn't resist playing along because i obv know that people like to play ''that card with me 24/7'' , it's something that happens daily , something that ive been used to for a long time now anyways enough talking about this ,For once i actually enjoyed my time playing in the Sol server , As some of you guys have seen already i guess..... , ''Sam'' told me about this Boss guy and i can understand that it must be a pain in the ass considering you guys had ''Me'' terrorizing JK2 for some weeks.... , So my advice for you guys would be +seta sv_debug 1 on the run line , So you guys can actually see what ''Causes the server to actually trigger which would easy to patch in seconds. That's everything from me , Cheers.

(OBS) XD lol my bad , ;/ text screwed up lol , Also something funny that i noticed that ''The wannabe Alpha Said , ''spoofing many different IP's 1000's of IP's flooding the rotor of its Bandwidth.'

0.0.0.0 - 255-255-255-255 Spoofed attacks , uses every IP available In the world , From your Grandmothers iP , to FBI , To every ''IP adress there is lol'' , We're talking about billions..... , Not 1000 Very Happy , So please do me a favor and stop embarrassing yourself here cl0wn... ;/.

My bad for the double post , I'm stoned like hell <3 ;>.
/Handix.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend


Posts : 3076

PostSubject: Re: Apology   Wed 19 Feb 2014, 10:06 pm

HandixTheOnlyone wrote:
And yes the only reason why i decided to stop were because of Mai we don't have to go into details lol but only people i trust in this community here is actually Mai and lelouch that obv knows the ''real side of me'' , Something that you guys will never know since you already ''Pictured'' me as this ''Evil guy'' ;/.
SoL is a pretty big community of people who are a lot like Mai and Lelouch. You targeted that community without actually knowing who they are. If the "real you" is not evil, I don't think you should be so indiscriminate about whom you target.

But more importantly, I don't think the fault is with us for not knowing the "real side" of you. You are the one who didn't show us the real side of you; you showed us an evil personality. Most of us are happy to change our opinion of someone based on new information; we are not stuck with the first thing we picture. You can still show us the real you. You said we "will never know" that side of you, but that is only true if you keep displaying a fake evil personality. That decision is yours, not ours.

Before you say you "don't give a f4ck," let me interject: we do give a f4ck! We'd love to talk to you for 16 pages about the definition of evil, JK2 ethics, the nature of justice, or proportionality of a response to attack. Join us! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xasomur
Legend
Legend


Posts : 12856

PostSubject: Re: Apology   Wed 19 Feb 2014, 10:25 pm

I also want to clear up: Alpha Pack is Mick, in case you didn't know. And He took responsibility for a crash happened a few days ago, not for the continuous attacks over weeks.

Even more important for me, personally: I never got what kind of problem Diezor aka Blue has with SoL. He is being a aggressive and abusive since I first got to know him. I first got to know him, when someone kept crashing our freshly purchased EU server. Even before the first person was banned on it, it was crashed again and again with q3infoboom. So everyone could reconnect, but this person (to that point we didn't know yet who it was, since he only did it when the server was full.) kept on doing it without warnings or any other obvious reason. One day though he started taunting with it and so we knew it was Blue aka Diezor. He is a major troll, so everytime I tried to talk to him about the reasons for his harassment, he didn't give an answer.
So we banned him, what else could we do? I mean this question seriously. I don't like banning, it's a lot of work and creates more problems often than solving it. So if you can tell me, what I could or should have done in that situation, please tell me.
Well, here comes the funny thing: before I banned his IP, I joined the server while he was in talk with Aveny aka nVidia aka Daika. (They must be friends now and Daika lied to me back then denying it, now Aveny calls himself Sir > Aveny, just like Diezor now Sir > Blue) Aveny was saying something like "Lol, I never thought you'd really do it." Then I asked him what he meant by this per XFire and he told me that he had a bet with Blue, if he would dare to crash the SoL server. Yet Blue must've started to enjoy doing it.

Anyway, according to our banning rules (which were made up with help of Boss and other JK2 players outside of SoL) he was banned for 1 week. And then those crashes stopped and we had peace for several months. Then out of nothing this madness started. I don't know what happened, I got the impression blue was lagging or crashing the server on his own behalf for some reason I don't know. So he must've been banned again. (yet, to that point we didn't know that Blue was Diezor, so it would've been only 1 week ban instead of 1 month.) But this time it seems he must've used VPN, since he came back again and again. (This usually prolongs the 1 week ban, since it screws all our schedules up.) And then you, Handix, showed up.

So please, can anyone tell me, what the hell is up with Blue aka Diezor???

___________________
Pfavex'asomu'ridano Article

my sig is watching your sig O.o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord


Posts : 5186

PostSubject: Re: Apology   Thu 20 Feb 2014, 1:59 am

I just want to know how people find it fun to wreck servers....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Av3nY



Posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: Apology   Thu 20 Feb 2014, 2:10 am

Xaso, Where/When did i lied to you? And it wasnt even a bet dude.
There was much idiots in that server, and blue said something like : ,, I Could crash this server by Pressing one button". And then he did it.. but doesnt mean its been always him.
And, you cant ban someone without proofs... Or just get an fly a kite linux server lol...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zelah
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice


Posts : 2062

PostSubject: Re: Apology   Thu 20 Feb 2014, 3:13 am

We don't ban without proof... We have server logs which tell us exactly who is lagging the server and if they don't stop well then yes... We obviously have to ban them.

As for handix's post... I thank you for the apology and stopping... Even if it had nothing to do with me lol. You have a chance to put away your "evil guy" reputation if you desire to do so. Many people I've seen have showed change and became likeable in the jk2 community so it's really up to you if that's something you desire to do

___________________
SWTOR RULEZZZZZ

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KingYodah
Legend
Legend


Posts : 5790

PostSubject: Re: Apology   Thu 20 Feb 2014, 4:43 am

if we are going to ban someone we always make sure we have a damn reason for it sooo...

I like the mayhem is over and stopped too, I admit I had problems to understand some things but I still thank for the apology. I, too, have seen people turning away from their evil side and they become pretty likeable. Take e.g. movie Vader. He is one of the prime examples. Or players who play on SoL servers or even joined SoL. Well its up to you ;D

___________________
)>SoL<(~KingYodah
~SoL HC Admin
~SoL FA Admin

EpicJK2 wrote:
You can always get grapeless seeds

Mai** wrote:
My antivirus had poop up

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xasomur
Legend
Legend


Posts : 12856

PostSubject: Re: Apology   Thu 20 Feb 2014, 5:04 am

Av3nY wrote:
Xaso, Where/When did i lied to you? And it wasnt even a bet dude.
There was much idiots in that server, and blue said something like : ,, I Could crash this server by Pressing one button". And then he did it.. but doesnt mean its been always him.
And, you cant ban someone without proofs... Or just get an fly a kite linux server lol...

Many idiots? When you imply that there were many non-SoL idiots, then I am sorry. Either we don't ban them and they play or we ban them or have no idiots.
If you imply SoLs were idiots, then you can always address us and tell us your concerns. If your only concern was though, that your app didn't and your reaction is to motivate someone to crash the server and become friends with such subjects, then you rightfully didn't pass...

But like said above: I have enough proof. He said more than once he would crash the server and things like "prepare for /recon" and crashed it. He also admitted to me when asked. lol, more proof needed? -- . --

Yet it didnt answer my question, so keep the answers coming :>

___________________
Pfavex'asomu'ridano Article

my sig is watching your sig O.o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HandixTheOnlyone



Posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: Apology   Thu 20 Feb 2014, 5:59 am

NickdeClaw wrote:
HandixTheOnlyone wrote:
And yes the only reason why i decided to stop were because of Mai we don't have to go into details lol but only people i trust in this community here is actually Mai and lelouch that obv knows the ''real side of me'' , Something that you guys will never know since you already ''Pictured'' me as this ''Evil guy'' ;/.
SoL is a pretty big community of people who are a lot like Mai and Lelouch. You targeted that community without actually knowing who they are. If the "real you" is not evil, I don't think you should be so indiscriminate about whom you target.

But more importantly, I don't think the fault is with us for not knowing the "real side" of you. You are the one who didn't show us the real side of you; you showed us an evil personality. Most of us are happy to change our opinion of someone based on new information; we are not stuck with the first thing we picture. You can still show us the real you. You said we "will never know" that side of you, but that is only true if you keep displaying a fake evil personality. That decision is yours, not ours.

Before you say you "don't give a f4ck," let me interject: we do give a f4ck! We'd love to talk to you for 16 pages about the definition of evil, JK2 ethics, the nature of justice, or proportionality of a response to attack. Join us! Wink

I apperciate this , I'm glad we're on the same page here , And i guess things went to far with the ''Evil personality'' that some people here gave me after all , I'm not the one that actually found ''the Handix Pastebin'' that has nothing to do with me , Except my (Firstname) And emails , a Troll thread from JKA , but obv none of you guys understood that lol , so i actually corrected Sam , with some real information about me lol that i can actually confirm , because i found it pretty hilarious that he used that against me Smile , anyways we're cool now ,no worries, Anyways i would apperciate if you checked out my (Pm nick) . cheers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Avatar Aang
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept


Posts : 897

PostSubject: Re: Apology   Thu 20 Feb 2014, 6:57 am

I find it very confusing  scratch 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior


Posts : 4128

PostSubject: Re: Apology   Thu 20 Feb 2014, 8:46 am

Yes, thanks for the apology Handix, SoL is here to make peace and we can always give people a second chance. Smile

___________________




Frequently Refreshed Server Tracker
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angelis



Posts : 1116

PostSubject: Re: Apology   Thu 20 Feb 2014, 11:11 am

Handix I don't have a personal vendetta against you, I did dislike that you were ruining our fun based on something that had to be done at the time. We are always open to ideas and concerns from people outside of SoL and not just ourselves. Even if you have a hard time getting something across, if you find me I will be glad to clarify on your behalf. But please, refrain from attacking a server just on a friends perspective. There is always two sides to every coin. And human nature loves to alter memories and stories to justify actions. Next time we ban someone you have a liking to, instead of attacking our (and other peoples when we are on) servers, post on these here forums your problem and we will press all we can to get it solved. This is a democratic clan, meaning every action either as to punish members, or non members, or general ideas. are voted on by the whole clan, not just a few individuals. that is why it takes us awhile to get things done, idk if you have ever voted for like president or anything (all countries are different) but in america it takes a long ass time. So please respect that we aren't trying to make people feel bad, and we certainly are not abusing. If someone does abuse, tell the complaint on forums, not attack the server just because. In my opinion that is how little ones react, and I think of you higher then that.

If you ever need anything clarified or done from a guilds perspective, you can either post it on forums, or tell me or someone who volunteers (as I am) to do it for you. I hope you enjoy the game and the server as the rest of us have

~Angel

Back to top Go down
View user profile
EpicJK2
Legend
Legend


Posts : 2948

PostSubject: Re: Apology   Thu 20 Feb 2014, 1:41 pm

Respect for coming to our forums and giving your side, explaining the reasons and saying it will stop. I look forward to some more duels with you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HandixTheOnlyone



Posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: Apology   Fri 21 Feb 2014, 6:55 am

Not sure if you got the Pm , but i looked into the issue , seems pretty much easy..



Just looked into the issue , turn on flood protect and you're fine

Seems like an exploit in JKA that have been patched from years back lol...

he just causes the server to send the client so much information whitin a short period of time so the client gets dropped

an example , imagine if you change your model 1000 times in a second the client can barely handle that but yet it sends it to every client and the client think it's getting spammed and drops off the server too many ''reliable commands''

Turn on floodprotect and you will be fine , if he figures out something else make sure to tell me , I'm glad to help you guys out!.

/Cheers , Handix.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zelah
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice


Posts : 2062

PostSubject: Re: Apology   Fri 21 Feb 2014, 6:58 am

I might not understand all the technical terms, but I appreciate your helping Nick Smile

___________________
SWTOR RULEZZZZZ

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior


Posts : 4128

PostSubject: Re: Apology   Fri 21 Feb 2014, 7:00 am

Thanks for the info Handix. Smile

___________________




Frequently Refreshed Server Tracker
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HandixTheOnlyone



Posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: Apology   Fri 21 Feb 2014, 7:02 am

Zelah wrote:
I might not understand all the technical terms, but I appreciate your helping Nick Smile

Well , Just don't like skids like boss ;>.... , it's easier on the defending side to actually figure out what someone is doing when you get ''attacked'' , so you can later on fix it , Except my methods XD but that's something else. ^n^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lelouch



Posts : 583

PostSubject: Re: Apology   Fri 21 Feb 2014, 1:57 pm

floodprotect is on, but the mod they use (dcmod) is absolute poop and floodprotect is broken and they need jk2mf to fix it.

(as I reiterate once again)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bossboss



Posts : 63

PostSubject: Re: Apology   Fri 21 Feb 2014, 3:02 pm

add a bot on SOL server BOSS IS OUR GOD , or I crash you too:)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Apology   Today at 3:28 am

Back to top Go down
 
Apology
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Admin request, bug maybe, apology.
» Apology to The Dark City
» Apology
» An apology for saying m***oloid
» Apology To Wilhelm

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide :: )>SoL<(~Free Chat :: Jedi Knight-
Jump to: