)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

My purpose for the new leading line of ATS

Go down 
+8
mereel
sebbat
Ajunta Pall
[RA] Dark Cloud
Vort
Kyle Katarn
Phoenix
Xasomur
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Xasomur

Xasomur

My purpose for the new leading line of ATS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: My purpose for the new leading line of ATS   My purpose for the new leading line of ATS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 2:58 am

First topic message reminder :

Ok guys here is my new purpose fort he leading of ats…
As the most of you know already, I don’t like the one-leader configuration… one leader will always collect all the (good or bad) fame and the other members are out into the shadows and are not realized outside the clan… but major issue I see is the megalomania… I know u don’t want to hear any bad things about outcast… but he had this attitude too in the end… as he banned without following the rules he stated for other admins… and banning ppl although the rest of the clan was against it… and outcast was a good and hard working guy… it is not his failure… it is the failure of the system which is based on 1 leader… we can also look fod… and see that boss is claiming to be a hacker… and he is abusing blueninja for abusing… which both is sick…
So much to why I don’t like the one leader system… if u still are not convinced that that system is not good, pls read further and u will see which new advantages we can have…

My purpose is a council… but a totally new one… as u see ats had a high council… but gich never posted on forum, moph was never online and maxi only very very rarely… so what we need is a fluently changing hc to ensure that there are active players in there, so that the hc don’t turn into one leader.

Another major point I want to add is: I don’t think that a hc consisting ONLY out of those who already have the powers (admin of forum and the admins of the server and the founders)… because they are the minority of the clan… and that is still a stuck system… and leads to that what happened to ats…

(IS: i wont say anything about the other structure of ats... as the tourneys and the recruiting... i think its ok... and we can change it when we have a leading)

So here now what in my opinion a hc consist of:
It should consist of all represents of all parts of a clan.
Which are these (if anything’s missing we may add it… so don’t hang on this list pls)
Administrators of the forum
Moderators of the forum
Administrators of the server
Mapper/skinner/modder
(good) Duellers (all kinds)
(good) (t)ffa/ctf players
Normal members
Normal recruits

If each of these groups has one representative in the hc we already have 8 hc-members…
They will decide over the major issues of the clan as that what a hc does.
One thing the hc needs: a moderator. Someone collecting the opinions and stating their arguments, ensuring a good atmosphere and good way of discussing. He shouldn’t state his own opinion in the discussions. But at the end the hc will vote if there is no general consensus… if it’s even a tie the moderator may decide… so this one has to be sincere person.

So this hc has 9 ppl.
4 representing those who over all play on server 4 representing the administration of the clan.

How do these ppl come into the hc… I would like to see it by election… all mappers/modders/skinners choose one of them to go for them into the hc. And the recruits elect one of them to represent them in hc… so members do… those who are good in ctf/tffa and like to play it will get a voice in hc… and those who play most duels… and so on…
And I think those election sld be every month… to ensure the fluent changing of hc… that no-one gets used to his powers. So additionally there has to be a rule that no-one gets hc following two month in a row. I also like in this idea that those who already has powers, like the admins on server, have the same voice in the hc like the other parts… so powers are divided here and not concentrated…
I like to see that every hc-member has someone who will replace him, if he cannot be online or so…

Ok… one thing u may ask now: aren’t ctf/tffa-players members too?? Yes they are xD. But me as a member I decide where I want to be elected. As ctf-hc I would only have to represent them… and not all the members… but when I can mod or skin… I maybe want to have some weight in the clan-administration… so the member chooses where he wants to be elected… but I think the member can change his group of course… he doesn’t have to stay in one group forever… but he shouldn’t be elected every month by changing group.

Ok… this was much theory… I will make example now… and I mix zof and ats… cuz other ppl don’t get into my mind now xD

Ok… administrator of the forum is blueninja (he would be only constant member of hc… but he has to chose someone who will represent him, if he cannot be online) 1. hc.
Moderators are many… and alien wanted to be voted in that group and he is elected… his substitute is kyle katarn… so if alien is no reachable kyle takes his place… 2. hc
Admins on server are several… they let mereel represent… pippy is substitute… 3.hc
Mappers and modders… they elect aju (of course xD) and abe (if he wasn’t off now) substitute 4.hc
Duellers... send heky as pwner…and blackwolf as gk champ is substitute… 5.hc
Ctf and tffa represent by phoenix, cuz his ideas are great appreciated by all, so he got voted… and his substitute is vort the pwner.. 6.hc
Normal members… seems to be the biggest group voting… and they vote bacara as their representative and as their second man sebbo… 7.hc
And from the recruits are sent BDL as first man and his substitute hora… 8.hc

Now we need some sincere one for moderator… nick would be great for that (for real! +10 karma for u xD) and corny kernow may take his place when nick is too sick to moderate…
9 hc.
Complete.
Now they can decide about ats. About the default map… about recruit tourneys… about server bannings… about forum matters… every part of ats has his voice in there. and when the server admins think banning is best way to get rid of lamers… the other hc may overcome their opinion… if they want… and if recruits don’t want to have their tourney… other hc is overcoming their vote Razz

Ok… something to add now: for minor issues the elected persons decide within their group… which map to be modded… decide the mappers and modders… but if the rest of clan don’t like that idea… the high council may interfere and overcome their vote.(bad example aye? Sry) but this shows that its important to have public discussions… everyone may read… but not post to not pollute… if something’s not ok, ppl may pm the one who represents them. So when I read the admins want to instantly ban my old bud anonymous I send a pm to bacara as I voted for him to be my representative… or I send pm to sebbo… he will think of it then… and if he sees any chance or need to get it through in the hc he will start the discussion about it and the hc will overcome the vote of the admins maybe… (so… I will not be only one pm’ing bacara… anonymous is buddy of many ppl here… so… many pms for bacara… and that is his argument: “I have here 28 pms to not ban anonymous!” and nick as the moderator will say… ok that is 150% of ats… we cannot ban anonymous… [ok… now anonymous isn’t banned… but if mereel comes with quotes that anonymous is haxer and tries to get admin pass… they have stronger argument… and nick will say: “he may have friends… but he is phantom menace… he gotta be banned]…)

Ok… if u need further examples… u may ask and I will put them…
Here is my summary:
We cannot have one leader… we had it… and it crashed… not only here in ats
We need hc. Hc consisting NOT out of those who have power… consisting out of representatives of all ats-groups and 1 moderator. -> 9ppl who are elected. Hc decides major points… group intern the hc-members of that group may decide, but the hc may overcome it in the end.
Elections every month. Every hc got his substitute.
Public discussions, but no public participation.

OK… now tell me what I forgot to explain, tell me what I need to explain more… tell me what works… tell me what doesn’t work…
But pls… give it a try… don’t be pig headed… and ask… not condemn… ask.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

My purpose for the new leading line of ATS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My purpose for the new leading line of ATS   My purpose for the new leading line of ATS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec 2009, 10:02 am

Yep as Hek said we just need things to settle before we have more issues etc...
Thanks anyway for your offer of help.
Back to top Go down

My purpose for the new leading line of ATS
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2