)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

Useful JK2 Server Commands

Go down 
+8
TheReferee///
Battledroidlover
Xasomur
Rachel
Beef Surprise
Angelis
Sanyo
Vader
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

Useful JK2 Server Commands - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Useful JK2 Server Commands   Useful JK2 Server Commands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jan 2014, 7:36 am

First topic message reminder :

I thought this might be a good idea - Collating all console commands for various benefits. Anyone can add and we'll hopefully make a nice list ^_^

King Yodah wrote:
For increased connection and FPS speed, lag free:

/rate, /snaps, /com_maxfps, /cl_maxpackets
also /cg_drawFPS 1 and /cg_lagometer 1 to display your FPS and what lag you have or so

Your settings depend on where you live...
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Useful JK2 Server Commands   Useful JK2 Server Commands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Nov 2014, 4:56 am

I followed Sanyo's advice today and changed my in-server settings.

Sanyo January 2014 wrote:
Best settings with decent connection:
com_maxfps 125
cl_maxpackets 100
rate 100000
snaps 60

SO I changed 20 snaps to 60, 15 maxpackets to 100, and 80 com_maxfps to 125.

However, then I read this from Ref following Sanyo's post on page one:

The Referee wrote:
I would like to add something to the cl_maxpackets - "CL_MAXPACKETS *** -With R_swapinterval 1

*** equals your FRAMES PER SECOND(monitors refresh rate), if you set this to ANY NUMBER lower than this, it will CUT YOUR MAXPACKETS IN HALF.
example: FPS =125 CL_MAXPACKETS =100 means your MAXPACKETS BECOME 63 (half your fps because 100 is NOT divisible by 125)

CL_MAXPACKETS *** -With R_swapinterval 0

*** equals your COM_MAXFPS, if you set this to ANY NUMBER lower than your com_maxfps, it will CUT YOUR MAXPACKETS IN HALF.
example: COM_MAXFPS =125 CL_MAXPACKETS =100 means your MAXPACKETS BECOME 63 (half your fps because 100 is NOT divisible by 125)"
Work Cited
http://www.mikemartin.co/gaming_guides/quake3_smoothness_guide#TOC-Guide-To-Quake-Engine-Smoothness

I'm not sure what R_swapinterval is and whether I'm using it or not. But his latter example is exactly like my new stats. So my maxpackets are halved?

Advice? Sanyo? Anyoneeeeee.....
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Useful JK2 Server Commands   Useful JK2 Server Commands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Nov 2014, 5:40 am

It really doesn't matter, it's not noticable... I use 125 fps and 63 maxpackets anyways. If you want highest maxpackets you have to use 100 fps and 100 maxpackets (since jk2 maximum is 100, q3 is higher). I tested this out ages ago after reading that same info, and the only noticable change in gameplay was that force_pull was slightly faster in using up your whole force pool (1 second, extremely minimal). fps being smoother makes a bigger difference.
Back to top Go down
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Battledroidlover

PostSubject: Re: Useful JK2 Server Commands   Useful JK2 Server Commands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 15 Nov 2014, 4:40 am

How could it affect your force pool ?
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Useful JK2 Server Commands   Useful JK2 Server Commands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 15 Nov 2014, 7:41 am

It's not just your force pool, it's every key you press. I chose force_pull to test (We're wanting this info for force server gameplay right?) because it's the fastest therefore most noticable.

cl_maxpackets is maximum number of data packets you send to the server per second... so the higher you set this, the smoother your game will feel as your actions (push, pull, jump, etc.) will be updated more frequently
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: Useful JK2 Server Commands   Useful JK2 Server Commands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 15 Nov 2014, 7:56 am

Rachel wrote:
cl_maxpackets is maximum number of data packets you send to the server per second... so the higher you set this, the smoother your game will feel as your actions (push, pull, jump, etc.) will be updated more frequently
Is there something like cap too? I mean like with fps where com_maxfps higher than 125 wont be much of an added value
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Useful JK2 Server Commands   Useful JK2 Server Commands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 15 Nov 2014, 8:00 am

For cl_maxpackets in jk2, the upper limit is 100.
Back to top Go down
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Useful JK2 Server Commands   Useful JK2 Server Commands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Nov 2014, 9:57 am

TY Rach ^_^
Back to top Go down
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Useful JK2 Server Commands   Useful JK2 Server Commands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Dec 2014, 1:09 pm

If anyone would compose a list of all the Useful JK2 Server Commands on this thread I would love and karmarize their souls.
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: Useful JK2 Server Commands   Useful JK2 Server Commands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Dec 2014, 7:53 am

I made sum up of the commands in the linked topic, however use this topic if you want to a command to be added please, so the guide doesn't get spammed.
Back to top Go down
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Useful JK2 Server Commands   Useful JK2 Server Commands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Dec 2014, 6:38 am

Karma for your efforts Yod ^_^
Back to top Go down
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Useful JK2 Server Commands   Useful JK2 Server Commands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Dec 2014, 12:13 am

Yodah
KingYodah wrote:

If you increase com_hunkmegs value it should allow more shaders so you shouldn't see gray world (if I remembered it correctly). But see I have lots of maps and skins and I don't have that problem..

open console and type /com_hunkmegs 256 or 512 (dunno), default is 128 I thiiiiink

This is worthy of update in your sum up topic! Could we add?
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: Useful JK2 Server Commands   Useful JK2 Server Commands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Dec 2014, 2:36 am

I will, just someone tell me if what I wrote is correct so its not bluff there
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Useful JK2 Server Commands   Useful JK2 Server Commands - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Useful JK2 Server Commands
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2