)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy
 
HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
JK2 for Number 1!
Let us capture the victory!
A look at the table?
Fun events!
Want to organize an event or any to happen?
Post or ask for help here!
Black Flame!
Enel holds black flame!
Who will face him?
Spring Tournament!
TT Spring 2016 ended! Congrats to Xasomur!
Check results here!
Skin Add ons
Post your skins that you'd like to have!
Find details here!
Council frozen!
Read discussion here!
Check poll result here!

Share | 
 

 Admin Abuse

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
PWNawan



Posts : 52

PostSubject: Admin Abuse   Wed 02 Mar 2011, 3:02 pm

First topic message reminder :

Today i am choosing to take time to registe on your forums to shed light on a subject i think most clans overlook. i've been playing on SoL's server for some 2 odd weeks now, and during those weeks, i've experienced enough admin abuse to last me a lifetime. Granted i do lame from time to time, so please don't act like im not acknowledging that; I am. However, i think that it is important for a clan to use scrutiny in who they choose to give these privileges to, because ultimately, the admins in a clan will be what the clan is known for.

There have been several times i've experienced admin abuse on your server for somewhat trivial things, like running through a duel pressing the taunt button and standing in front of characters. if i had been asked to stop, i would have. regrettably, i wasn't. instead, the admin (as an act of good intentions, i wont name him, though im sure he knows who he is) slapped me and then amexploded me. not only was it uncalled for, but it was the epitome of abuse on his part. no warning, only abuse.

the above was just one of several incidents i've had with the admins on your server. i dont need to make a list of accounts that have been generally tasteless on their part, the instance above should speak volumes on the subject.

However, i was banned today for laming, and then proceeding to rage at the admin (Lucifer) for banning Laaaaafy for laming him twice. this was my first offence for laming, and i believe the situation was not dealt with in a mature way. no, in fact, Lucifer was pretty juvenile about it, telling me several times to, and i quote, "Shut the fly a kite up". Micro tried his best to calm us both down, but at that point, i was rampaging because of said abuse, both verbally and with his admin powers. this isnt a plea to get removed from the ban list, though that would be nice. no, on the contrary, this is to hopefully shed some light on the problem that is admin abuse.

I have been admin on several servers in JK2 in the past, including <JO> and [FragRock], and can say with adamant confidence that this type of behavior wouldnt be tolerated. a kick may have been in order, but a ban is ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

AuthorMessage
PWNawan



Posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: Admin Abuse   Wed 02 Mar 2011, 7:49 pm

timmy, hush. your opinion in this doesnt mean much, nobody needs your input. this is between us and the council, kindly butt out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonardo
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan


Posts : 2267

PostSubject: Re: Admin Abuse   Wed 02 Mar 2011, 7:56 pm

Ok then kindly suck my ****. And before your perverted mind starts to say weird stuff plz think before you act.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masterboss



Posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: Admin Abuse   Wed 02 Mar 2011, 7:58 pm

Can someone lock ths topic?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend


Posts : 3075

PostSubject: Re: Admin Abuse   Wed 02 Mar 2011, 7:58 pm

See, this is where it becomes clear:

In this example, Boss is stating that he will abuse because he doesn't like the rules. This clearly indicates that Boss believes HE should be able to decide on the rules that another organization is legally allowed to define for THEIR OWN [rented] PROPERTY. It's absurd, and it's illegal.

You have no valid argument Boss, except that you believe being a criminal is acceptable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masterboss



Posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: Admin Abuse   Wed 02 Mar 2011, 8:03 pm

Nick , I know you weren't serious with the whole admin abuse shit so I went along with it.

What you tried to do is called reverse psychology , you were trying to keep us away from the server.

Now lets cut this crap and try to work things out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend


Posts : 3075

PostSubject: Re: Admin Abuse   Wed 02 Mar 2011, 8:09 pm

No, Boss, it wasn't reverse psychology. I'm pointing at the flaw in your logic.

You are fine with our having a password if it's for just SoL. THAT'S THE SAME THING AS BANNING. If we just banned everyone who isn't in SoL, it's the same thing as having a password. Yet for some reason you don't agree with banning.

And you agree that we should have our rules. Yet if you don't like the rules, you decide that you will commit crimes in an effort to change them. There is nothing legitimate about that.

I don't want you guys to stay away from our server, I want you to have fun on our server while allowing others to have fun. But WE make the call on whether you're doing that or not. If YOU want to make the call, you should start your own server where there is no laming and no admins, and try out your own server popularity. But attacking us simply because our opinion is different from yours is immoral and illegal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masterboss



Posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: Admin Abuse   Wed 02 Mar 2011, 8:18 pm

No dude.
Thats why we made a poll , I am ready to make another one to show you , you are wrong.
Admin abuse is a serious flaw SOL has and you guys need to get rid of it.
I never said I dont agree with your rules , but you guys dont respect them.
You have sols that use ks , that use evc , that lame , and yet you do nothing about them.
You have newbs that abuse from bubbles and annoy people and you do nothing about them.
Apply the rules for everyone and then you'll see a change.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend


Posts : 3075

PostSubject: Re: Admin Abuse   Wed 02 Mar 2011, 8:24 pm

I can honestly say I don't know what you're talking about. We try to crack down on people using KS, EVC, etc. in our clan when they're on our server. We've done it to Hektor. But it's hard to prove that stuff. Newbs that abuse bubble and annoy are taken less seriously by admins because we know that the players they're annoying can defend themselves. But when I'm on the server, I DO use admin on newbs like that. When someone's bubble laming, I sleep and then wake them. We even added a command for members to enable or disable bubbles for that reason.

The majority of the admins are trying to be fair, seriously. I don't care if you don't believe it, it's true. We have lots of talks about trying to be even, and we sometimes unban people or reprimand people for using admin inappropriately. But it's hard to be fair, Boss, because everyone has a different idea of what's justified and what isn't. If we thought that people would be nice to each other, we wouldn't need admin to have the ability to punish.

Maybe we should try a week of no admin and see how it goes?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PWNawan



Posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: Admin Abuse   Wed 02 Mar 2011, 8:26 pm

NickdeClaw wrote:
I can honestly say I don't know what you're talking about. We try to crack down on people using KS, EVC, etc. in our clan when they're on our server.

what about aju?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend


Posts : 4987

PostSubject: Re: Admin Abuse   Wed 02 Mar 2011, 8:30 pm

NickdeClaw wrote:
in our clan when they're on our server.

And i just ks ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masterboss



Posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: Admin Abuse   Wed 02 Mar 2011, 8:35 pm

And that brings us back to my suggestion.
Admin abuse section , where abused people can post screenshots and where SOL DOES SOMETHING ABOUT ABUSIVE ADMINS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend


Posts : 3075

PostSubject: Re: Admin Abuse   Wed 02 Mar 2011, 8:36 pm

And we were probably going to do that, except that you stopped cooperating last time. We could still do it.

But again I ask: Maybe we should try a week of no admin and see how it goes? Perhaps if the pros take anti-laming into their own hands, we won't even need admins to defend newbs. Do you think there's any chance it would work?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masterboss



Posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: Admin Abuse   Wed 02 Mar 2011, 8:39 pm

Nope that wouldnt work.
The server would get lagged everyday , it would be chaos.
I tried it on fod 1 year ago when euro jk2 was active.
never worked.

I didnt stop cooperating nick , I m not the one who rage deletes people from xfire , you are.
And last time , I got banned , by kernow , merel and sebbat and thats why i stopped cooperating.
But I am willing to do that now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend


Posts : 3075

PostSubject: Re: Admin Abuse   Wed 02 Mar 2011, 8:41 pm

Well actually we're both who rage delete from Xfire; you did it the first time, I did it this time. I'm specifically talking about the long conversation we had involving that Ban Appeal section. If you think that's the best solution, we should go for it. We CAN'T just magically keep admins from "abusing," though, because there is no absolute ruler in the clan who has the authority to take someone's admin away; the people vote for the admins. So as far as I can think, something like a Ban Appeal forum is the only option.

But you have to understand, if we do this section of the forum, it's not going to mean that everyone gets unbanned. You might appeal, and the clan still feels you should get banned. What happens if you disagree then?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PWNawan



Posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: Admin Abuse   Wed 02 Mar 2011, 8:43 pm

Ajunta Pall wrote:


And i just ks ...



Scripting is not allowed on your server, as clearly stated in MOTD. RebornMaster left because he was cheated out of a win in a tourney because you broke that rule, and nobody did anything about it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
masterboss



Posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: Admin Abuse   Wed 02 Mar 2011, 8:45 pm

No dude.
It s not like the clan should have anything to say about that.Please don't do the same mistake as FY did.
Fy had such a section , people came with screenshot and they always ignored it.
I showed them video of their HC aimbotting and they ignored it , when they had rules on the server no aimbotting and they were banning aimbotters.

The thing is , if you are going to make an admin abuse section ,and a person comes with proof that it got admin abused ( screenshots ) , or keywords that you can search in the logs and see for yourself , you need to punish the admin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dark Misery



Posts : 593

PostSubject: Re: Admin Abuse   Wed 02 Mar 2011, 8:46 pm

It's not difficult to choose admins that aren't abusive as these. Obviously making sind and some others admins is not a good idea. You can tell by there character that they rage because of small things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PWNawan



Posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: Admin Abuse   Wed 02 Mar 2011, 8:47 pm

PWNawan wrote:
Ajunta Pall wrote:


And i just ks ...



Scripting is not allowed on your server, as clearly stated in MOTD. RebornMaster left because he was cheated out of a win in a tourney because you broke that rule, and nobody did anything about it.




^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend


Posts : 3075

PostSubject: Re: Admin Abuse   Wed 02 Mar 2011, 8:55 pm

masterboss wrote:
No dude.
It s not like the clan should have anything to say about that.Please don't do the same mistake as FY did.
Fy had such a section , people came with screenshot and they always ignored it.
I showed them video of their HC aimbotting and they ignored it , when they had rules on the server no aimbotting and they were banning aimbotters.

The thing is , if you are going to make an admin abuse section ,and a person comes with proof that it got admin abused ( screenshots ) , or keywords that you can search in the logs and see for yourself , you need to punish the admin.
Boss, who else is going to have something to say about it other than the clan? You can't have an Appeals section and the only requirement to get out of your ban is to post any relevant screenshot. That's not good enough. There has to be some sort of judgement made on it. Sometimes people will be unbanned, sometimes they will not. What happens when they aren't?

And as for punishing admins, perhaps we can create a strike system, such as 3 warnings, then admin removed for a week, then admin removed for a month, then admin removed until the next term.

And PWNanan, SoL aren't allowed to script in the SoL server, but there isn't a rule against it outside of the SoL server, although I suppose it is frowned upon by most of us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masterboss



Posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: Admin Abuse   Wed 02 Mar 2011, 8:58 pm

Ah... yes , about unbanning you are correct you should make a poll and let people vote if they want person X unbanned or not.
I also agree wit the strike thing would be good to teach the abusive admins in SOL a lesson.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend


Posts : 3075

PostSubject: Re: Admin Abuse   Wed 02 Mar 2011, 9:01 pm

I'll take it to the Council.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend


Posts : 4987

PostSubject: Re: Admin Abuse   Wed 02 Mar 2011, 10:17 pm

lol pwanan i don't ks in sol server, no need to look for any trick x) . If you are jaleous about my kicks then it's your problem, don't bring it to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Admin Abuse   Today at 5:11 am

Back to top Go down
 
Admin Abuse
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
 Similar topics
-
» Admin Abuse
» admin abuse...
» Super Admin abuse and players that were with him.
» [Closed] Admin abuse report Chess
» [Denied] Admin Abuse Report Folding Freeman.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide :: History :: History :: Topic Archives-
Jump to: