)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

admin abuse

Go down 
+9
NickdeClaw
sebbat
mereel
Xasomur
Ajunta Pall
BlueNinja
Grimlore
Pipsquid
nastY
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
nastY

admin abuse - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: admin abuse   admin abuse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Apr 2010, 12:27 pm

First topic message reminder :

I just wanna tell u guys that im on the server atm and some admin abuses every1 with empower, i mean hora, light master, shuriken, another pada that i dont know who it is and gonza, i hope ull do something about it. i already said in another post that i would take a screenshot, but im on windows 7 with a 16:10 screen, so every screen i take are black, but siny, impy, weezy and some other are there.

now its xasomur abusing, he silenced every1 for nothing

Last edited by nastY on Sun 18 Apr 2010, 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: admin abuse   admin abuse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Apr 2010, 8:57 am

Pipsquid wrote:
Their duty is to protect the clan, not some stupid lamers. For god's sakes, you dont even ban laggers. If we you put up rules, its for a reason. And dont come giving me examples of judges and crap, cause then ill start
Admin's duty is not to protect the clan, it is to uphold the rules and to best facilitate the players' enjoyment of the game. Non-members deserve just as much protection as members, if those non-members are behaving respectfully.
Back to top Go down
Danek

Danek

PostSubject: Re: admin abuse   admin abuse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Apr 2010, 8:58 am

Be nice to him and he'll be nice to you? I know what you mean but that sounds like something with devY and Sey is nothing like Devy
Back to top Go down
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend
Ajunta Pall

PostSubject: Re: admin abuse   admin abuse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Apr 2010, 9:00 am

sey won't change his behavior, however you are. He will just kill.
Back to top Go down
Pipsquid
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Pipsquid

PostSubject: Re: admin abuse   admin abuse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Apr 2010, 9:04 am

NickdeClaw wrote:
Pipsquid wrote:
Their duty is to protect the clan, not some stupid lamers. For god's sakes, you dont even ban laggers. If we you put up rules, its for a reason. And dont come giving me examples of judges and crap, cause then ill start
Admin's duty is not to protect the clan, it is to uphold the rules and to best facilitate the players' enjoyment of the game. Non-members deserve just as much protection as members, if those non-members are behaving respectfully.

If its to uphold the rules, you arent upholding them.

If its to facilitate the players' enjoyment of the game, i cant enjoy when they're jumping around killing everyone. I think i dont speak for myself here.
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: admin abuse   admin abuse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Apr 2010, 9:10 am

"I'm" not upholding them? I just got done banning binarY for lagging the server when I wasn't even in it. I ban when I find it justifiable. If people are laming and not stopping when I try to reason with them, I ban them. I know other admins do as well, because we have discussions about it in non-public area.

Why are you so hostile, Pip?
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: admin abuse   admin abuse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Apr 2010, 9:13 am

they cant enjoy when you kill them with emo and whine and demand a ban.
just see, that a ban doesnt solve the issue: only members being respectful, not neglecting their preferences, will solve the issue. banning them, if they can actually be cooled down, and are nice players elsewhen, just makes us to outcast.
and those ppl there at that day COULD be cooled down. they just did upset them.
i rather cool them down and solve the problem than ban them.
Back to top Go down
Pipsquid
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Pipsquid

PostSubject: Re: admin abuse   admin abuse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Apr 2010, 9:17 am

I didnt mean the you. it aplied for everyone

Quote :
I know other admins do as well

about that, you're just supposing, because NO admin does it. Maybe you do, but for example xaso or mereel, all they do it talk. talk talk talk. all they care about is TALKING with the person that caused it, the TALK with the people involved. Even if they talk, somehow, always, the people who have done something wrong (lame repeatedly, lag, insult) they always say sorry it wont happen again. 2 days pass, they're at it again.

Im not being hostile, but im sick and tired of this going on.
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: admin abuse   admin abuse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Apr 2010, 9:21 am

1. yesterday sol members insulted more than the lamers.
2. i saw only siny laming. at any point i was there as well, i saw you all FIGHTING THEM IN HANGAR... and u used emp. then nasty were laming afterwards. but not even enough time to warn, i was too occupied telling my own clanmates to not insult, and to not provoke further.
3. no-one of them lagged. the only lagger i didnt ban when i was there was binary. because he used cibbicoms ip.

focus on yourself first, it will really solve the problem.
talking will solve the problem, because at many points is a better action to do, than anything else
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: admin abuse   admin abuse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Apr 2010, 9:23 am

Pip, if talking utterly fails multiple times, it's time to start banning. But it depends on the situation. If it was provoked sufficiently by other people, laming can be forgiven. Finding a solution where everyone can play is the primary goal of the admin, which is why they want to talk. Lagging the server completely prohibits all players from being able to play, which is why it results in an instant rangeban. If admins aren't fulfilling this, they aren't fulfilling their duty. Laming is different though, especially if the lamer is only laming people who provoke him or her. This is a personal issue that has the potential to be resolved, and the victim in many cases is "asking for it." However, if it cannot be resolved, banning is the last option. In cases where I already know that the offender will not be reasonable, I do not wait to talk, and I ban.
Back to top Go down
Pipsquid
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Pipsquid

PostSubject: Re: admin abuse   admin abuse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Apr 2010, 9:24 am

Like nick said ... "I'm"? I wasnt doing anything. I got on, i had no emp, lamers kept at it, I left. I not saying anyone lagged on this ocation, but it happens. Everytime someone lags, talk talk talk.

Edit: Im not talking about you nick. I dont know what's your way of dealing with this type of things since i never see you. I'm talking about other admins.
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: admin abuse   admin abuse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Apr 2010, 9:26 am

I wasn't aware that was happening, Pip. Admins should be banning laggers instantly. Sometimes it is difficult to determine who was lagging though, which means an HC needs to check the logs.
Back to top Go down
Grimlore

Grimlore

PostSubject: Re: admin abuse   admin abuse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Apr 2010, 9:52 am

Did you find anything yet?
Back to top Go down
mereel
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
mereel

PostSubject: Re: admin abuse   admin abuse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Apr 2010, 10:33 am

Siny is in a bit of a bad mood lately, for something that happen, but it is personal, so I won't tell. I will try to keep him calm in our server, but I doubt he will always behave, due to his lack of care for rules.

And I think this is a good reason we should look over the ways admin handle care on the server. Not as a council, but as a self thing, as a personal understanding. Despite it is OUR server, we still must understand that because we own it and run it, it is thanks to players of jk2 that we have anyone on our server. We must not treat our server like territory, and that you are here cause we allow it. I am not saying to be more fair to lamers, but we must understand that there are always 2 sides to any story, which most people fail to get. Strict action is best, but careful, rational thought is also what admins must have. Always have a clear mind before you use your power, and try not to let emotion control you.

Ok I am going to stop. I am sounding like a Jedi. ^^'
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: admin abuse   admin abuse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Apr 2010, 10:36 am

Wise words, Mereel. I agree.
Back to top Go down
Pipsquid
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Pipsquid

PostSubject: Re: admin abuse   admin abuse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Apr 2010, 10:39 am

Agree.

Strict but careful.
Back to top Go down
nastY

PostSubject: Re: admin abuse   admin abuse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Apr 2010, 8:58 am

NickdeClaw wrote:
nastY wrote:
i was only laming (at the end) cause of admin abuse
Our server.

nastY wrote:
make a private server for u and ur friends then, its a public server so ull have to get over it
Our server.

nastY wrote:
m8, its a game not a chat room, if u wanna chat, add him on msn or xfire, but its a game !
Our server.

It's not your server, nastY. It's ours. We can choose how to administrate it, we can choose who gets to play in it, we can choose what we want to do in it. And since you suggested that we should make a "private" server, I'm sure you won't try to evade the bans you earn, right? Yeah right.

It's not a public server, nastY. It's a private one. Privately-owned and operated. We just allow people to play in it. Your playing in our server is your expressed consent to be subject to the actions of our administration. Whether you choose to read the rules or not, you are bound by them. Just as a citizen of a nation is bound by the rules of that nation, regardless of whether that citizen has learned the rules.

If you don't think this sounds fair, too bad. Our rules exist because they facilitate what we believe is fairness. If you disagree, play somewhere else. If you don't want to play somewhere else, then start speaking to us respectfully instead of using cop-out lines you've heard from all the other disrespectful players in the game. Claiming "admin abuse" is like claiming police brutality for arresting someone who has committed assault.

If you play calmly, respectfully, engaging players who are engaging you, you will not have a problem. But you DON'T do that. Instead you think that you have the right to fight whoever you want at any time, and we punish you for it. Take the invisible crown off your head and realize that you are in a community of your peers. You are no more wise than the next person, and there are many people who disagree with the opinion that you state as fact. If you want something changed, argue it respectfully, and be prepared for the possibility of rejection.

Abuse? I'll tell you what's abuse: evading bans. Get over yourself.
ofc i didnt read everything, pure waste of time and yes, its a public server since theres no password. a private server has a password and its not sebbat paying for that server anyway, so...
Back to top Go down
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend
Ajunta Pall

PostSubject: Re: admin abuse   admin abuse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Apr 2010, 10:38 am

no, but his admin of the server of HIS clan, where HIS clan members pay for it. So you can't claim nothing about it. And if you're not happy, give me a hug !
Back to top Go down
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: admin abuse   admin abuse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Apr 2010, 2:44 am

Nasty I realise that you're definition of abuse isn't ours - To you its abuse when someone is given emp. I think its abuse when people are banned without reason. From what i gather you've shown much disrespect and bad attitude - using aggresive taunts on SoL members. I saw you yestarday and I thought u had changed but you seemed to show the same laming attitude, personally I don't know why you applied to be in our clan if you can't moralize with our values.
Back to top Go down
nastY

PostSubject: Re: admin abuse   admin abuse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Apr 2010, 9:40 am

cause i also realize ur a bunch of abusers. at the end i didnt want to be in sol anymore, since i saw u all acting, i thought u were a good clan that doesnt use admin powers so much, but u do, so u all suck =]
Back to top Go down
BlueNinja
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
BlueNinja

PostSubject: Re: admin abuse   admin abuse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Apr 2010, 10:06 am

Lol. I don't agree with your definition of abuse but I also don't agree with Kernow's definition of abuse. Abuse is banning someone for laming. Which I don't agree with at all.
Back to top Go down
tristan45

tristan45

PostSubject: Re: admin abuse   admin abuse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Apr 2010, 10:11 am

but lamrs suck Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: admin abuse   admin abuse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Apr 2010, 10:45 am

Nasty wrote:
cause i also realize ur a bunch of abusers. at the end i didnt want to be in sol anymore, since i saw u all acting, i thought u were a good clan that doesnt use admin powers so much, but u do, so u all suck =]
Thanks for the substantiation that you act and behave like a child. Also thanks for the attempted skin lag and typekills today - Consider yourself pernamently banned.
Back to top Go down
Ajunta Pall
Legend
Legend
Ajunta Pall

PostSubject: Re: admin abuse   admin abuse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Apr 2010, 10:47 am

tristan45 wrote:
but lamrs suck Twisted Evil
Jesus is among us : he has spoken !
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: admin abuse   admin abuse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Apr 2010, 11:03 am

well... if i had skills, i would like to prove to blueninja that in the cases we banned, we had to ban: i would show him the permanent lame, the lag threatenings and the reconnecting and following raging after i got slept
i would laugh at him for his tries to calm me down. i would only lame and cahtkill him and only say "c ry more" and "abuser"

unfortunately i have no skills...
Back to top Go down
Grimlore

Grimlore

PostSubject: Re: admin abuse   admin abuse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Apr 2010, 11:12 am

Now thats a lie xaso you can beat me in duels and ur sayin u have no skills? quit talkin about urself that way

lag threats are bad but lames are a drag
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: admin abuse   admin abuse - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

admin abuse
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next