)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

)>SoL<(~JK2 Worldwide

The Torch of Fair Play and Bonfire of Equality and Democracy

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Sunrise of Liberty Reunion!
Take a look at holiday party!

Could Not Open GL Subsystem?

Go down 
+11
Battledroidlover
mantA
ExiDux
Rachel
NickdeClaw
Vader
GONZA
Xasomur
Kernow Pilgrim
Leonardo
Phoenix
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Phoenix

Could Not Open GL Subsystem? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Could Not Open GL Subsystem?   Could Not Open GL Subsystem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Oct 2013, 11:02 am

First topic message reminder :

I've reinstalled my JK2 game. When I click to open the game I get this error message in the startup box.

JK2: v1.02a win-x86 Mar 4 2002
Initialising zone memory .....
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\base\assets1.pk3 (8011 files)
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\base\assets0.pk3 (6674 files)
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData/base

----------------------
14685 files in pk3 files
execing default.cfg
couldn't exec jk2config.cfg
couldn't exec autoexec.cfg
...detecting CPU, found Intel Pentium IV

------- Input Initialization -------
Skipping check for DirectInput
Joystick is not active.
------------------------------------

------- Force Feedback Initialization -------
...inhibited, not initializing

----- Client Initialization -----
----- Initializing Renderer ----
-------------------------------
----- Client Initialization Complete -----
--- Common Initialization Complete ---
Working directory: C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData
----- R_Init -----
Initializing OpenGL subsystem
...initializing QGL
...calling LoadLibrary( 'C:\Windows\system32\opengl32.dll' ): succeeded
...setting mode 3: 640 480 FS
...using desktop display depth of 32
...calling CDS: ok
...registered window class
...created window@0,0 (640x480)
Initializing OpenGL driver
...getting DC: succeeded
...GLW_ChoosePFD( 32, 24, 8 )
...35 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...GLW_ChoosePFD( 32, 24, 0 )
...35 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...failed to find an appropriate PIXELFORMAT
...restoring display settings
...WARNING: could not set the given mode (3)
...setting mode 3: 640 480 FS
...using colorsbits of 16
...calling CDS: ok
...created window@0,0 (640x480)
Initializing OpenGL driver
...getting DC: succeeded
...GLW_ChoosePFD( 16, 16, 0 )
...35 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...GLW_ChoosePFD( 16, 16, 0 )
...35 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...failed to find an appropriate PIXELFORMAT
...restoring display settings
...WARNING: could not set the given mode (3)
...shutting down QGL
...unloading OpenGL DLL
----- CL_Shutdown -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
-----------------------
GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem

I don't know what this means, but looking online I see that other people have experienced simlar problems with different games, although I didn't see any solutions. I've recently installed a new Hard Drive, could this be the problem? Anybody know how to combat this issue?

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Could Not Open GL Subsystem?   Could Not Open GL Subsystem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Oct 2013, 8:08 am

Well...I downloaded the latest driver for Express chipset, i'm not sure what difference its gonna make. I had to download Java as well in order to do it. I'll re-install the game tomorrow and see if its changed anything...
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: Could Not Open GL Subsystem?   Could Not Open GL Subsystem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Oct 2013, 8:51 am

Phoenix wrote:
My computer isn't like yours Xaso, I cant find the information through doing it that way.
sorrry you're right. I thought this part didn't change.
Win7:
Right click My Computer --> Properties. Then you have this new page and on te left is a list of links. the first should be device manager. click it ---> You should now see the list I was talking of. Search Graphic card. ---> click the "+"
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Could Not Open GL Subsystem?   Could Not Open GL Subsystem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Oct 2013, 9:26 am

Already found it Xaso, its 4 series express chipset. And yeah Exi its pretty old, say... 5-6 years... i just keep upgrading and updating it....sort of.... its not as old as Jk2 mind you!
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: Could Not Open GL Subsystem?   Could Not Open GL Subsystem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Oct 2013, 9:31 am

You don't want a chipset driver, you want a graphics driver. If your laptop uses Windows 7 32-bit (not 64-bit) and the Intel GMA 4500M graphics driver, which seems to be the standard for the Toshiba Satellite L300, you want this:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22165&lang=eng

Based on the console log you posted at the beginning it looks like you have 32-bit.

By the way, if all you did was reinstall JK2 and JK2 ran fine on this computer before, and you did not reinstall Windows or make any significant systems settings changes to Windows during that time, it shouldn't be your drivers. So this is confusing. You should still check that your drivers are installed and up to date, though.

The easiest way to tell if your drivers are installed is if scrolling through web pages is smooth. If your computer seems to lag a bit as you scroll down a web page (especially one with images), your graphics drivers are not installed.

Edit: Oh also, you don't need to keep reinstalling JK2. lol
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Could Not Open GL Subsystem?   Could Not Open GL Subsystem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Oct 2013, 9:40 am

Thanks Nick, yes you're right its 32-bit. And I have fitted a new Hard Drive, re-installed windows 7 again and downloaded the drivers for it. I'm guess they are not the same drivers I had before (I assume there are many different drivers to choose from). Although I have never changed the graphics driver, I can't confirm that it is GMA 4500M, so we'll just have to go by assumptions on that score.

Thanks anyways guys, lets see if it makes a difference.
Back to top Go down
Kernow Pilgrim
Legend
Legend
Kernow Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Could Not Open GL Subsystem?   Could Not Open GL Subsystem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Oct 2013, 10:50 am

This has been an epic quest to save a lost soul. I'm sorry I am completely useless but we shall all ensure the Phoenix fly again!
Back to top Go down
ExiDux

ExiDux

PostSubject: Re: Could Not Open GL Subsystem?   Could Not Open GL Subsystem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Oct 2013, 10:57 am

i do not like to give advice for stuff that is to unclear. especially if i didnt know if you reinstalled windows or not. the machine needs updated drivers for anything on it anyways.
Back to top Go down
ExiDux

ExiDux

PostSubject: Re: Could Not Open GL Subsystem?   Could Not Open GL Subsystem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Oct 2013, 11:01 am

btw a driver for an intel mobile GRAPHICS chip set, is a driver for the graphics chip... aka. graphics card... which is on most laptops is a built in chip.. non removable.
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: Could Not Open GL Subsystem?   Could Not Open GL Subsystem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Oct 2013, 11:45 am

Yeah you gave correct advice, ExiDux. He needs the graphics drivers for the Intel Mobile 4 Series Express Chipset, as you said earlier. But based on his response, I think he may have selected to update the chipset drivers for the chipset instead of the graphics drivers for the chipset, although it's ambiguous.
Back to top Go down
ExiDux

ExiDux

PostSubject: Re: Could Not Open GL Subsystem?   Could Not Open GL Subsystem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Oct 2013, 12:00 pm

well, explaining these things that seem simple to some computer users, isnt always easy to express as a simple action to others.

off topic :
i just wish this forum had an "edit" post button, (or i am as blind as a bat) to clean up my posts which i wrote to fast... caps, typo's and more, but it seems nobody is offended by that here, so i would call that luck by misfortune.
Back to top Go down
Igrom

Igrom

PostSubject: Re: Could Not Open GL Subsystem?   Could Not Open GL Subsystem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Oct 2013, 12:22 pm

PM, Phoe.
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: Could Not Open GL Subsystem?   Could Not Open GL Subsystem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Oct 2013, 1:18 pm

ExiDux wrote:
off topic :
i just wish this forum had an "edit" post button, (or i am as blind as a bat) to clean up my posts which i wrote to fast... caps, typo's and more, but it seems nobody is offended by that here, so i would call that luck by misfortune.
Thx for notification. It was a mistake only affecting this subforum! Sorted!
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Could Not Open GL Subsystem?   Could Not Open GL Subsystem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Oct 2013, 8:59 pm

Success Smile 

Thanks peeps
Back to top Go down
NickdeClaw
Legend
Legend
NickdeClaw

PostSubject: Re: Could Not Open GL Subsystem?   Could Not Open GL Subsystem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Oct 2013, 11:14 pm

Hooray! Video games!
Back to top Go down
ExiDux

ExiDux

PostSubject: Re: Could Not Open GL Subsystem?   Could Not Open GL Subsystem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Oct 2013, 11:28 pm

Video games, for all those things real life can not offer you.

lol! 
why does this laughing our loud figure have dragonball -> dragonball z -> dragonball gt, son goku hair ?

affraid 
it scares me, no... it realy does !
Back to top Go down
Xasomur

Xasomur

PostSubject: Re: Could Not Open GL Subsystem?   Could Not Open GL Subsystem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Oct 2013, 11:53 pm

Phoenix wrote:
Success Smile 

Thanks peeps
What did the trick?
Back to top Go down
Battledroidlover
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Battledroidlover

PostSubject: Re: Could Not Open GL Subsystem?   Could Not Open GL Subsystem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Oct 2013, 1:02 am

I always feel so happy when I get a game that never works to work :3
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Could Not Open GL Subsystem?   Could Not Open GL Subsystem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Oct 2013, 2:24 am

Xasomur wrote:
Phoenix wrote:
Success Smile 

Thanks peeps
What did the trick?
Downloading the most recent driver updates for the 4 series express chip family. What would I do without Nick ey...The guy is always sorting me out Smile
Back to top Go down
ExiDux

ExiDux

PostSubject: Re: Could Not Open GL Subsystem?   Could Not Open GL Subsystem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Oct 2013, 2:38 am

ey, didnt it work through the intel link i posted eh... lol.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Could Not Open GL Subsystem?   Could Not Open GL Subsystem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Oct 2013, 5:01 am

ExiDux wrote:
ey, didnt it work through the intel link i posted eh... lol.
I actually think you both posted the same link mate, but you missed a w from one of the www.'s lol

Thanks for your help though bud
Back to top Go down
ExiDux

ExiDux

PostSubject: Re: Could Not Open GL Subsystem?   Could Not Open GL Subsystem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Oct 2013, 2:34 pm

i am a new member to the forum, not allowed to post a full link :3
Back to top Go down
GONZA
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
GONZA

PostSubject: Re: Could Not Open GL Subsystem?   Could Not Open GL Subsystem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Oct 2013, 2:53 pm

Sooo you are back mastah???
Back to top Go down
Vader
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Vader

PostSubject: Re: Could Not Open GL Subsystem?   Could Not Open GL Subsystem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Oct 2013, 2:59 pm

Yes, most people said to update drivers about this problem and it worked. Smile
Glad to have ya back.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Sith Warrior
Sith Warrior
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Could Not Open GL Subsystem?   Could Not Open GL Subsystem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Oct 2013, 10:02 pm

ExiDux wrote:
i am a new member to the forum, not allowed to post a full link :3
Really? I didn't know that, thats Bizzare scratch 

Yes Gonza, I'm here Smile
Back to top Go down
KingYodah
Legend
Legend
KingYodah

PostSubject: Re: Could Not Open GL Subsystem?   Could Not Open GL Subsystem? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Oct 2013, 12:25 am

Glad to finally meet ya
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Could Not Open GL Subsystem?   Could Not Open GL Subsystem? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Could Not Open GL Subsystem?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next